[Console] Block Allowance

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
there is NO block allowance on computers, only on CON-SOLES,(yes you got conned when you got your sole, if you had got a computer then you would not have been conned getting a sole)

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
there is NO block allowance on computers, only on CON-SOLES,(yes you got conned when you got your sole, if you had got a computer then you would not have been conned getting a sole)
No... Just no. This isn't a place for people to trash on others for their platform choice. We just don't all have room for a desk and a chair, a tower, a keyboard, and an extra freaking screen. Not to mention the absurd cost of a PC that could comfortably run terratech above what my Xbox does. Grow up, or get a life. Better yet, get an Xbox. It's so much better being able to sit back on a couch and not hunch over a keyboard drooling over your red bull and Cheeto fingers, while you try to troll better gamers.

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
No... Just no. This isn't a place for people to trash on others for their platform choice. We just don't all have room for a desk and a chair, a tower, a keyboard, and an extra freaking screen. Not to mention the absurd cost of a PC that could comfortably run terratech above what my Xbox does. Grow up, or get a life. Better yet, get an Xbox. It's so much better being able to sit back on a couch and not hunch over a keyboard drooling over your red bull and Cheeto fingers, while you try to troll better gamers.
little child, please check the history of the poster BEFORE KNEE JERKING with mouth engaged (and tending to prove the relative effective intelligence), I had tried to INJECT some humor while also reminding all that the CON-SOLEs are far less than even a 7 year old computer(and I am playing on an I7 930 system(yes when NEW it WAS about $3000au, BUT as intel is now pushing the 8th gen of the I series cpus 7 years is the minimum estimate,) not even a current mid range laptop has much difficulty with terratech only the bottom end ones

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
little child, please check the history of the poster BEFORE KNEE JERKING with mouth engaged (and tending to prove the relative effective intelligence), I had tried to INJECT some humor while also reminding all that the CON-SOLEs are far less than even a 7 year old computer(and I am playing on an I7 930 system(yes when NEW it WAS about $3000au, BUT as intel is now pushing the 8th gen of the I series cpus 7 years is the minimum estimate,) not even a current mid range laptop has much difficulty with terratech only the bottom end ones
I've seen terratech lag on a xidax so you should pay more attention. It's not humor to insult someone's intelligence, or to bash on their choices. I didn't get conned when I bought my Xbox 1. I got what I wanted. In my opinion, and many others, PC gaming is too complex to be fun. My controller has two sticks. One to look and one to move. You have to use every button on your keyboard just to drive up a hill and shoot a tech. I can just push forward and fire. we even have buttons labeled with what they do. Keyboards don't tell you what button will pause your game. Sounds like a 'con' to me. Seriously, you should find something better to do with your time than being a fool and blaming players for something the devs did on purpose.

Is there any movement on block allowance? I use ZeroGravitas’ creations. While they are extreme on compactness they STILL eat almost all of the budget. Perhaps make the blocks count for LESS? Im no expert, just sayin.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
Once again know BA on console aren't here for ruin your game experience , but for avoid ruin your console.

Why we always have peoples thinking it's only here for annoy them ? :/
Hopefully , some of console players understand why BA whas added for their version.

It's a little like the Warframe game , i've see few day ago it was planned for Switch console , and it's a PC-native game , it's like someone on switch complain about a less optimised game on switch than on PC...be logic , Devs are forced to tweak some things , it's like a forced choice.

It's better to have acces to the game with some tweak on consol than not at all, i mean people can see the glass half full instead of half empty , no ?

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Once again know BA on console aren't here for ruin your game experience , but for avoid ruin your console.

Why we always have peoples thinking it's only here for annoy them ? :/
Hopefully , some of console players understand why BA whas added for their version.

It's a little like the Warframe game , i've see few day ago it was planned for Switch console , and it's a PC-native game , it's like someone on switch complain about a less optimised game on switch than on PC...be logic , Devs are forced to tweak some things , it's like a forced choice.

It's better to have acces to the game with some tweak on consol than not at all, i mean people can see the glass half full instead of half empty , no ?
I'm with you. The block allowance is extremely limiting at times, but I've already had to replace an Xbox for heat issues due to another game, so I don't want to see it working too hard and burning up again. Besides, look at all the lag PC players get when they build too big, and issues with shots despawning due to too many weapons firing too quickly. They have to rely on glitches to make things fly with any stability, while we can't afford to place an extra wheel, so we just have to build it right. BA makes us build small, but in my opinion, we build better, since we use less parts to make nearly equivalent techs. Next time you think about BA, just remember how immobile lathrixes nomad is. It's huge, but it doesn't really move much. My techs are below tree height, besides the hoverships, and they do just fine.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
ok, this is something iv never understood. Im on PC, so i dont have to deal with it, BUT. Why? If you have to have a block limit for it to run on console, but you block limit is severly limiting the gameplay value for console players, why even bother? it just seems like such a heavy investment for something that barely functions. If i were the developer, and i ran into this issue of block limits vs console playability, i would have just said, oh well, guess it's not going to work on consoles and focussed that investment back into drawing more players to PC where the game actually works as intended, rather than squandering resources on a half-working console version for non-PC gamers... i mean i realize that train has already left the station, im just not sure why it left with 1/10 th of the passengers and not enough fuel to make it to the next station...

i sorta had the same issue with the 1.0 release on PC. I bought the game ages ago as part of the beta program, and it has been well worth the price to participate in this development process. but if i bought the 1.0 release at a store for full price i would be like... what the heck is this? this game is half finished... why? I really think Payload jumped the gun on releasing everything officially as the game is unfinished. and im not talking about constantly evolving content. i mean the the basic game is completely unfinished. there's no endgame, most missions are trash, enemies are stupid and can't use half of their blocks adequitely. there are dozens of bugs. it's just not ready to be put on a shelf with a full pricetag. and if i bought it expecting a finished game, like every other game on the shelf, i'd be mad. i'd feel bamboozled. like Payload studios just ripped me off.

i need to be very specific here. i dont feel like i have been ripped off. but when i bought the game, i paid to be a part of the process, and iv gotten that in leaps and bounds. but i also bought it through steam's early access program, so i knew i was purchasing an unfinished game and buying into participation in the development process. that's what i paid for, and im happy with my decision to do so. I find these rushed releases to be questionable at best and i urge the Devs to think hard about this before they release the game to console. i realize it's likely too late to talk sense, as im sure resources are already spent and products are already manufactured, but i just cannot beleive this is going to pan out positively for Payload. as always i speak not to judge, but in concern for the game and community i love so well.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
mindl3ss, I agree it is far too late for these suggestions, BUT I seem to remember various comments of similar nature about a year ago, and if my memory is right the devs suggested tha they would not release till thy thought the game was ready and complete, but that they would be continuing to add features and corps/blocks after 1.0
but considering the re-occuring of similar comments, there appears to be a degree of dis-agreement with the devs as to the ready for release nature of the game

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
I agree entirely, except that it is a playable game. Everything on console is released only after being tested, so we dont tend to run into issues of techs using blocks wrong. The exception of course were earlier hovers, but the pop has been updated so now everything seems to work. And I feel like they released the game on console to get it to a group of people who are often left on the roadside when it comes to dynamic new games like TT. I DO think they should have told us it wouldn't be the same though. I bought it and upon discovering the BA I uninstalled the game for a few weeks. And now, with bf coming, I'm worried it's gonna completely ruin the game. We already can barely use base parts, so now they're gonna fly and probably have a higher block count. I don't see the appeal, and personally I think we should use gso for all crafting, just to cut down on confusion. Payload doesn't seem to account for our (consoles) need when it comes to new blocks. Or old ones for that matter. The fact that we have to build mulitple fabrication tiers to make one part is that biggest impact on block allowance. If everything went through one fab, it would save us a lot of BA and allow for more techs to be built. Improving the ai would also really improve the game. My drones are garbage that can't mine, and my hovers can't follow me. Why? Because the games not done.

uGxYOLO YT

I just want them to remove the block allowance for console so I can be free to do what every I want with my block instead of just saying, “ok, I can only make a tech out of only this many blocks, who agrees?

Website
duckduckgo.com
I just want them to remove the block allowance for console so I can be free to do what every I want with my block instead of just saying, “ok, I can only make a tech out of only this many blocks, who agrees?
Unfortunately, that is impossible because it is a requirement by Sony and Microsoft to keep the game running at an acceptable framerate. If the block limit were to be removed, the console versions would not be able to exist.