Comunity Collab: Train world!

what do you want to be?

• Total voters

missleMaster1793

Hi fellow terratechians! I was thinking to do a community project. A massive train set. You can create little track pieces and accesories.
ONE SLOT LEFT! If you hve another job, but want to havr the last slots or one I took, you are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO DO SO!!! Just notify me downbelow.
Track: The track itself should be seven blocks wide. there s the cab, 2 blocks on each side, then on the next block have the rails. thec train rolls Edit: Hovers on those. Please create a 1 block, 2 block, 3 block, 4 block, 5 block, and 10 block segment, along with turns of varying degrees.
slots: (@Boomik) (@BroBane)
Station Deesigning
Create one type of station each person.
The platform needs to be 5 blocks up. preferably less than 40 blocks long.
slots: (@Legionite) (@BroBane) (@missleMaster1793 )
Train cars
8 blocks long, please no exp blocks for the hitches.
10 different types of cars, 2 per person. The train car should be 7 blocks wide. I just want the box that fits on a 7X11 frame.
slots: (@missleMaster1793) (@Tinywar) (@Boomik) (@BroBane) (@Legionite)
switch track: just one person to crreate a player controled switk (@Boomik)
bridges, tunnels, etc.
(Olli_DXD) (@missleMaster1793 eMaster)) (open)
Wheel tester:tests which wheels would be the best.
( @{insert_name_here})

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Please edit the post to make it seem least confusing please
Also an image would be useful

Could you add a bit more information? A deadline for submissions would be nice.

It would also be nice to have proper standards - what wheels do you want us to put on the carriages, for example? We can't have some with HE tank tracks and others with Behemoth wheels! How wide do the train carriages need to be?

Some more information would be helpful.

missleMaster1793

Could you add a bit more information? A deadline for submissions would be nice.

It would also be nice to have proper standards - what wheels do you want us to put on the carriages, for example? We can't have some with HE tank tracks and others with Behemoth wheels! How wide do the train carriages need to be?

Some more information would be helpful.
can you test wheels for us? @{insert_name_here}. Im going to do pixel art schematics in MS Paint

Last edited:
can you test wheels for us? @{insert_name_here}. Im going to do pixel art schematics in MS Paint
I could try. I don't have much spare time though, and I think I'll need the train tracks first to work with.

I was thinking of using the Hawkeye tank treads, since they can carry heavy loads, are 4 blocks long (so two of them will fit perfectly on the 8 block long carriages) and are one block wide, so they should be able to fit in the tracks nicely.

However, I think the main problem is that all the wheels except the EXP trailer wheels have passive braking, meaning they'll slow down the train. I'll need to test it further.

Last edited:

missleMaster1793

I could try. I don't have much spare time though, and I think I'll need the train tracks first to work with.

I was thinking of using the Hawkeye tank treads, since they can carry heavy loads, are 4 blocks long (so two of them will fit perfectly on the 8 block long carriages) and are one block wide, so they should be able to fit in the tracks nicely.

However, I think the main problem is that all the wheels except the EXP trailer wheels have passive braking, meaning they'll slow down the train. I'll need to test it further.
This is exactly what i need for my tester! I always wanted to see if hooverpads work on blocks... can you see if that with any wheels combined works well? p.s plz do this in creative to make sure its terrain compatible.

missleMaster1793

yeah, but then you need some in the middle, cause if the turn is too tight then the supporter ones (the ones on top) will fall off the sides.

I had another idea to have Geo bumper bars to slide into the station, just to kep it even when the cabs roll into the cars.

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com