Component Factory->Fabricator

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by Norman_SK, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Norman_SK

Norman_SK Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

When I order a block that just needs basic/refined res from the fabricator the little antennas pop up and res move to the fabricator, refining on the way if needed. However if I order something that requires a component that I do not have in my silo, the little antennas pop up again (including on the component factory) but the component factory does not draw any res and each component and sub-component needs to be ordered manually. Is this right or am I missing something?

2. Baconus_Yum

Baconus_Yum Administrator Beta Deluxe Canary Moderator Sumo - GSO Sumo - GeoCorp Sumo - Hawkeye Lemon Kingdom

The CF not drawing any resources to craft a component for a fabricator recipe is supposed to happen. However, in later updates (hopefully soon), they will be automated for crafting components for crafting recipes.

-Baconus

3. Norman_SK

Thanks. Nice to know that it isn't just me missing something obvious. :D

4. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

I've found it does work sometimes, and somewhat erratically.

It helps if you build on a loop.

5. Norman_SK

I have built it in a loop and it works well if I put the orders in manually.

I read that it can cause issues if you have 2 fabricators in the same tech. Is this still an issue?

6. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Used to cause lag spikes.

Seems to be fixed now.