• Yes!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes, but without the fiberwood box.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nerf Craft

Basically just resource blocks but components. Requires one raw fiberwood chunk to make the crate. One type for each component and corp. Amounts equal to the resource blocks. They would all be named (corp name) Component crate and the type of component would be in the description. Component blocks would be unlocked at one grade higher than the resource blocks(e.g. GSO resource blocks at grade 3, component blocks at grade 4.) A more simple suggestion for me but a nice one to consider. What do you think?

Rafs

The Deadly Corner of the Ramp of Doom
Totally supportive of component blocks! :)
https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...nd-other-types-of-conveyors.19099/post-134811
I would love if Better Future fabricators could make small Component Frame blocks (frame blocks that hold something like 6 components, looking like a package). This would help with relocating bases, a lot.

If the idea is good, then we can have other Frame blocks for other corporations, holding different numbers and having different sizes (each component would be allocated in a block, in terms of size).

=> GSO Component Frame - 3x1x1 - Holds 3 Components.
=> Geocorp Component Frame - 4x2x1 - Holds 8 Components.
=> Venture Component Frame - 2x1x1 - Holds 2 Components.
=> Hawkeye Component Frame - 2x2x1 - Holds 4 Components.
=> Better Future Component Frame - 3x2x1 - Holds 6 Components.

The number of manufactory blocks would increase a lot this way, so it would be better to create a new tab on the inventory menu for resources & components blocks.

Sokolov

Absolutely approve this idea!
However, as the resource blocks require nothing but the resources it would seem a little bit odd to request a fiberwood chunk to make a component frame. It adds no challenge, yet is a irritating limit. Most of the time you seem to have some chunks - yet once upon a time you will have no fiberwood and shall need to hop into your harvester and go find some.
Either both the resource and component blocks require some additional resources to make - or none should require, that's my opinion.

Nerf Craft

Absolutely approve this idea!
However, as the resource blocks require nothing but the resources it would seem a little bit odd to request a fiberwood chunk to make a component frame. It adds no challenge, yet is a irritating limit. Most of the time you seem to have some chunks - yet once upon a time you will have no fiberwood and shall need to hop into your harvester and go find some.
Either both the resource and component blocks require some additional resources to make - or none should require, that's my opinion.
My reasoning for the fibrewood chunk is logic. With plain resources there is no risk of damaging them through compaction. With carefully fabricated components however, you can't just smash them together or they will be damaged. So the wood chunk represents the 'box' that stores and protects the delicate components inside. But I'm not super opposed to not having the crate at all, thus the second option on the vote.

Of course you get the chunk of fibrewood back when you recycle the box to get its contents.

I think only one corporation (GSO? or maybe BF?) should have component boxes. Otherwise the number of different blocks in the game will skyrocket.

Nerf Craft

I think only one corporation (GSO? or maybe BF?) should have component boxes. Otherwise the number of different blocks in the game will skyrocket.
Yes, you are correct. With the sheer number of components in the game(like, 25+) Having every corp get one would be ludicrous. My suggestion would be GSO the multi-purpose corp with a moderate number of items per block, or BF with a relatively high number per block, sufficient to compress mass production of components. GSO would however be more reasonable because 24 is the most balanced number to prevent overloaded systems but also not stupidly small amounts of yield.

Sokolov

My reasoning for the fibrewood chunk is logic. With plain resources there is no risk of damaging them through compaction. With carefully fabricated components however, you can't just smash them together or they will be damaged. So the wood chunk represents the 'box' that stores and protects the delicate components inside. But I'm not super opposed to not having the crate at all, thus the second option on the vote.
Sounds legit. But probably a more sturdy frame with Plumbite or even Titanite?