Company Collaboration Competition

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bacon, Inc and NotExactInd™ are doing a collaboration of sorts, friendly competition. This thread will be the place any kingdom(new or old) can request techs from BOTH companies!!
All a kingdom has to do is place in a request, wait X amount of time, and they have tech blueprints, and maybe the tech itself!
  1. The requesting details are as follows: requests should be for a type of tech, like for example [Kingdom] wants a Tank. There must also be specific details for the tech(weapons, Y/N to shielding, that kinda stuff) and the more specific you are, the less freedom we get!(Sorry, had to put that one in. By putting in more specific details, kingdoms have a higher chance of getting something they feel inclined to actually use, not just some tech that fits the not very specific specifications they set.)
  2. Two probably never seen before techs will be submitted for each request, one from Bacon, Inc, and one from NotExactInd.™ Kingdoms get to chose which tech they like better, and it will be given to them. The other one will most likely "fade away."

Reactions: BenBacon

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Hmm, alright. Here's my proposal for both companies.

The Lemon Kingdom intends to expand its Hovership arsenal, as both the Duck Republic and T.A.C are starting their own Hovership programs. We're currently developing our own fleet, however it will take time, as this is our first time building such a fleet.

Here's our specifications:
  1. Function: The role intended for the proposed Tech will be a high-mobility, high-firepower Hovership designed for quick strikes against other Hoverships.
  2. Size: Must be around 15-30 block length, while having 10-20 block width.
  3. Weaponry: Long-ranged, with high area-of-effect (Hawkeye Cruise Missiles, Battleship Cannons, GSO Missiles). Secondary weapons are Venture Missile weaponry.
  4. Shielding: Must be shielded. High shield capacity is preferred but not required.
  5. Armor: Minimal but preferred. Can be up to 2 blocks thick to protect vital areas.
  6. Mobility: Priority attribute - must be able to exceed 80mph with fast turning radius.
That's about it.

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org

The Lemon Kingdom intends to expand its Hovership arsenal, as both the Duck Republic and T.A.C are starting their own Hovership programs. We're currently developing our own fleet, however it will take time, as this is our first time building such a fleet.

1. Function: The role intended for the proposed Tech will be a high-mobility, high-firepower Hovership designed for quick strikes against other Hoverships.
  3. Weaponry: Long-ranged, with high area-of-effect (Hawkeye Cruise Missiles, Battleship Cannons, GSO Missiles). Secondary weapons are Venture Missile weaponry.
  4. Shielding: Must be shielded. High shield capacity is preferred but not required.
  5. Armor: Minimal but preferred. Can be up to 2 blocks thick to protect vital areas.
  6. Mobility: Priority attribute - must be able to exceed 80mph with fast turning radius.
That's about it.
I am afraid that NotExactInd™ cannot make a hovership currently, due to engineer inexperience and work ethic. Bacon, Inc has the floor.
Also, in further requests, would you mind giving us a deadline? Or at least a date you'd like to see the designs? If there isn't one, we'll just assume you're giving us an unlimited time to make the tech, as with this one.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag

That's about it.
Just one question: what defines a hovership?

Is the term hovership the Lemon Kingdom's word for spaceship, or just a large hover tech?

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I am afraid that NotExactInd™ cannot make a hovership currently, due to engineer inexperience and work ethic. Bacon, Inc has the floor.
Also, in further requests, would you mind giving us a deadline? Or at least a date you'd like to see the designs? If there isn't one, we'll just assume you're giving us an unlimited time to make the tech, as with this one.
Ah, understood, perhaps next time. If you two are still interested, I'll make another Tech proposal that's more conventional.

As for deadline, I didn't give one because this is a proposal meant to test how well both companies can build during peacetime, as we're currently (and hopefully forever) in. No pressure, just build a good Tech.

Just one question: what defines a hovership?

Is the term hovership the Lemon Kingdom's word for spaceship, or just a large hover tech?
Just a large hover Tech. :) Basically any Tech that uses the hover bug to float is generally considered a hovership, based on how the term is used by other people in the forum.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I have finished the first prototype!
Hover Striker.png
Armed with only missiles, very good top speed (can outrun some aircraft), and good maneuverability
It uses mainly GSO Quad Hovers but also has eight Venture Zero Hovers to maintain ground control in case the tech goes above the GSO Hover's reach
There are also a decent amount of batteries to keep the bubbles up, but they should not be depended on

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
View attachment 22866
Armed with only missiles, very good top speed (can outrun some aircraft), and good maneuverability
It uses mainly GSO Quad Hovers but also has eight Venture Zero Hovers to maintain ground control in case the tech goes above the GSO Hover's reach
There are also a decent amount of batteries to keep the bubbles up, but they should not be depended on
I see that it has standard endgame weaponry...

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
View attachment 22866

This vehicle passes all the qualifications except that it doesn't use the Hover bug to float to the sky.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
This vehicle passes all the qualifications except that it doesn't use the Hover bug to float to the sky.
How high does it need to go? If it can go up to infinity then it is considered a spacecraft, not a hovership

Also, I wanted to keep the tech low as I wanted the missiles to hit the underbelly of enemy techs. If the missiles have to maneuver down they might face the risk of hitting the tech it was launched from, causing no damage to the enemy

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
...Oh, so all the hoverships built thus far are spacecraft, like the Dire Wolf and Goshawk? Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
To me a hovership is a tech that uses hovers to stay off the ground. A spaceship is a tech that uses the hover bug or some other form of propulsion to be able to theoretically go into space and back

So for example in my classification the tech I just built is a hovership but a tech like the BI-2 is a spacecraft

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
THEN BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD OF SAID IT NEEDED TO USE THE HOVER BUG!!!!!! TALK TO US LIKE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT A HOVERSHIP IS!!!! Which I kinda don't...
Also: What is a hovership?
I think it's where
Hovercraft < Hovership <
SPACESHIP!!
Hovercraft use hovers and are generally smaller than Hoverships
Hoverships use hovers and are generally smaller than
SPACESHIPS!!
SPACESHIPS!!
use some form of propulsion to bring them, let's say 10km upwards, to SPACE!!
Any of these can use the hover bug, but don't have to, and Hovercraft and Hoverships usually only use hovers as a way to keep afloat. SPACESHIPS!! don't. Hovercraft and Hoverships use other propulsion to move, like propellers or Venture 5 Way Steering Hovers. Which technically aren't hovers...

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Why did you tag me? You know I'm done with TT and I'm never coming back, at least not until the mere CONCEPT of the Lemon Kingdom fades away. And I won't even use this account.