Community Showcase Submit

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Matt, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM.

1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Community Showcase is a live stream where we showcase the best creations our community have made in TerraTech.

Attach gifs, videos or images of Techs you want to be included in the Community Showcase stream! We will accept SIMPLE techs submitted as snapshots that will be showcased in-game.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 12th December from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than THREE techs per submission.

NOTE: If submitting a snaphot to be showcased in-game the INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Anything longer than this will be considered too complicated and will be ignored.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Showcase submissions.

2. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Because we all know you guys are absolutely horrible at figuring out what to do with a tech.

3. Lord Zarnox

If you accept workshop techs, I've got a few (fairly old) ones.
    Flying Box
    This is a flying box. The aircraft control scheme means you don't need the vertical rotors at all, so detach those before takeoff. Fly like a normal aircraft. Feel free to bomb anything.
    ZRNX Heavy APC
    Just a standard ground vehicle. Drive around and shoot stuff, I guess. It is designed for a more defensive role, with weapons for all directions, rather than focused fire, hence the broadside monster mortars and shotguns.

#3 Lord Zarnox, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:37 PM
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 1:17 AM
    NotExactlyHero and Matt like this.
  4. xXThunderFlameXx

xXThunderFlameXx Aircraft Enthusiast

So, I got a few questions about the video, what can we do more specifically in it? Can we talk? Can we play music? Can we edit it? How long does it have to be? Just to make sure I'll post a short one only with the game sounds.

5. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Ideally they should be no longer than 5 minutes. Feel free to edit, voiceover, add music ect. The more work you do to it means the less work we have to do on stream.

Soviet_Samuelson and Lord Zarnox like this.
  6. xXThunderFlameXx

xXThunderFlameXx Aircraft Enthusiast

Oh nice, I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

Soviet_Samuelson and Lord Zarnox like this.
  7. Lord Zarnox

Due to a lack of submissions (which is a bit odd), maybe you could make your own techs on stream. Or if you're feeling really generous, maybe even give us some leaks.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  8. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

I don't have much but heres a quick one. Zip
    Zip.png

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  9. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

10. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

What's your quickest Gauntlet (Home Run) time...?

Please play the video (full screen), then have a bit of a fly around with the tech yourselves (e.g. at low level in Creative to appreciate the speed and control, or whatever you fancy).

To Launch - hold {S} from a standstill on ground. (Or [Shift] when releasing from Build beam.)
    • [Shift] bound to "acceleration", for full speed.
    • WASD - pitch and yaw. (Turning alone will also power forwards movement, too.)

I've discovered that the Venture Hover Steers with fewer directions of control are balanced to be stronger. This tech cruises at 195, but adding a few additional 1-Way hover steers to the sides will take it up over 200mph (just - very diminished returns).

Every other tech now feels slow, clumsy and noisy by comparison...

ZG HvrStr Jet 2d.png

Note that the wings are mostly for rotational dampening, because the new Passive Gyro is not allowed in Gauntlet.

I won't be around for the stream again, if it's on this afternoon, sorry.

#10 ZeroGravitas, Dec 12, 2018 at 6:09 AM
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 6:55 AM
  11. IMessedUpTheFirstTime

IMessedUpTheFirstTime Well-Known Member

Dreadnought-1.png Dreadnought-1.png The newest member of the Dreadnought mk 3
    Big, glorious, and so big that 'yo mamma' jokes are completely nullified in its presence.

-x to activate turrets, you'll need to mess with them a bit to get them properly mounted and seamless
    -uses hoverbug which should probably still work
    -Is very very big, at least the size of a breadbox.