Community Showcase Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
With the addition of Anti Gravity, controls schemes and more new blocks to shake a stick at in the latest Unstable update we've decided to replace the old Community Core with a Showcase instead.

Essentially these additions made what was already a difficult task almost impossible. So in order to properly show your techs the love they deserve we're changing how we do things slightly.

Attach gifs, videos or images of Techs you want to be included in the Community Showcase stream!

Community Showcase is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Friday 6th December from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than THREE techs per submission.

NOTE: DESCRIPTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Showcase submissions.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
With the addition of Anti Gravity, controls schemes and more new blocks to shake a stick at in the latest Unstable update we've decided to replace the old Community Core with a Showcase instead.

Essentially these additions made what was already a difficult task almost impossible. So in order to properly show your techs the love they deserve we're changing how we do things slightly.

Attach gifs, videos or images of Techs you want to be included in the Community Showcase stream!

Community Showcase is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 5th December from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than THREE techs per submission.

NOTE: DESCRIPTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Showcase submissions.
Please increase the deadline...

Also my little mind cannot figure out how to work the antigravs...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
DESCRIPTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED.
But you're only showing pre-recorded clips and images from us now, so the instructions will just be "please play my video"...?:confused: Or will you accept some snapshots, with simple default controls, say? Or techs to be shown in the old stable version?

Please increase the deadline...
Yeah, how about Friday this week?:) I'm sceptical you'll get many recorded clips as it is, even with more than 21 hours to get to grips with the many changes.:confused:

Falchoin

Prelude hover with the new QoL shinies (control blocks, trim gyros, air brakes, and hoverbug free using linear motion drives instead). And yes I know they asked for videos/gifs, but I don't have recording software so they get a straightforward hover with directions.

After loading, hold Lift button till Y is at +100. Hover around as normal.

Attachments

Mindlessmrawesome

The M.D. Short Ranged Voidal (space) Assault Fighter
W and S to pitch. A and D to yaw. Q and E to roll. Ctrl to thrust upwards and Shift to move forwards. Activate control block before flight.
Yknow I just got into bed and I looked at that picture and thought to myself "maybe the Hawkeye healing bubble is just a little too big". I think I'll make the repair bubble a GSO and it will fit much more snugly and drain less power.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been arguing that 1.0.1.3 made hover steers way too powerful. Kris has agreed to nerf them back by 25%. But until the next update, you can enjoy designs which make all fans, propellers, rotors, thrusters and anti-gravity virtually irrelevant:

(1) "HvrStr DropShip 1c" - Play the video. Snapshot attached if you wanna try, too.

The stabilising computer is the only new block here and it's optional. So even after nerfs, this kind of design will likely still be campaign viable from mid-game with Venture level 2 with a GSO level 4 crafting base.

(2) "HvrStr MiniPlane 5" - Play the video. Snapshot attached, too.

There's not much in campaign that can stand up to 6 Cruise missiles. Again, big firepower in a crazy tiny package. No anti-grav, hover Steers as the sole motive power.

But also demonstrating (clumsily) some of the awesome aerobatics you can now do with the new control schemes. Including easy VTOL planes that can hover, reverse, spin, flip and pirouette. Starting with a regular gyro, then a passive gyro for axis free manoeuvrers, and finally a stabilising computer for a plane that half hangs in the air, at any angle.

(3)
I'm still getting to grips with how the control schemes work (and don't work), so I haven't built anything interesting yet. But here, have a throw-away gif! - These air-brakes are all talk (must be a meme in there...). And who needs thrusters when you have over-buffed hover steers?!:

Lower bandwidth version.

Attachments

Last edited:

GK vec

GK 光轲

Attachments

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Star Wars Inspired: T-Wing Fighter
Not to be confused with the T-wing interceptor.
The junker, lower-quality version of the X-Wing that precedes the Z-95 Headhunter in terms of performance and combat.

T Wing.png
Still handles fairly well if shift is held during flight. Not suggested for frontline combat.
Can anchor to recharge.

[T Wing
Charge Before Use!

Fly with aircraft control scheme for best results]

An updated version of experimental tech

Unrivaled control in the sky and the ability to stay stable at all 360º in all rotational axes, it is a very worthy adversary to the HaVCS, just waiting for the hover stabilizer to be more effective and positional like WhitePaw's.
The Ultimate Chassis.png
I present to you the newest version of the YWVS (Yuki-Wheel-Vertical Stabilizer)!

[Original Proof-of-Concept Here]
As a bonus, it can clock over 90 mph alone!

[The Ultimate Chassis
Charge Before Use!
WASD - Like Car Controls
Q & E - Strafe
Up and Down Arrows - Adjust Heig
ht
Left and Right Arrows - Roll
Controller on Top - Enable/Disable Hovers]

The Gravitron Fighter
Gravitron Fighter.png
This is the combination of both worlds above to create a fighter that is very controllable and maneuverable.
A new step in space-craft handling.

[Gravitron Fighter
Charge Before Use!
WASD - Like old plane controls
Q & E - Yaw
Up and Down Arrows - Engines
Left and Right Arrows - Down & Up
Controller on back - Enable/Disable Hovers & Anti-Gravity]

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
Anti-Gravity you say?
How about a Electric Airship
aka Beetle
Beetle.png
Beetle doesn't exactly have the best battery life
Make sure to disable Shield and Repair bubbles while not in combat
DON'T LET THE BATTERIES DIE.

and have a video

wait... dis isn't a CC but a CS?
and a limit of 3 techs?
ohwow

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've updated my original post with a couple of videos of the crazy compact aircraft you can currently make powered only by hover steers. You can play with the snapshots too, if curious.;)
(1) "HvrStr DropShip 1c" - Play the video. Snapshot attached if you wanna try, too.

The stabilising computer is the only new block here and it's optional. So even after nerfs, this kind of design will likely still be campaign viable from mid-game with Venture level 2 with a GSO level 4 crafting base.

(2) "HvrStr MiniPlane 5" - Play the video. Snapshot attached, too.

There's not much in campaign that can stand up to 6 Cruise missiles. Again, big firepower in a crazy tiny package. No anti-grav, hover Steers as the sole motive power.

But also demonstrating (clumsily) some of the awesome aerobatics you can now do with the new control systems. Including easy VTOL planes that can hover, reverse, spin, flip and pirouette. Starting with a regular gyro, then a passive gyro for axis free manoeuvrers, and finally a stabilising computer for a plane that half hangs in the air.

Sorry I'll probably be asleep for teh stream itself. Good luck.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.