Community Designed Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic afdc

I’m thinking of a classic six shooter styled gun for Hawkeye , it fires a quick burst of six rounds before a short reload (maybe around half a second) this gun will also deal lots of damage. The downsides being that they’ll be expensive ahd have rather high recoil. (Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of what this’ll look like)

eddie

Forever thonk, dis is ma philosophy
Chain mines!
basically a wire of high explosive drag by a slow moving and turning guided missile with timed fuse, try to wrap around large enemy for max damage, go through shield.
1573993970919.png
1573993931907.png
Homing micro attack drones!
also known as Funnel Bits in Gundam series, homing turrets that will seek and destroy enemies, have two attack mode, circle the targeted enemy when lock on, non lock on mode will circle the nearest enemy, will circle the tech that launched it when there's no target in the vicinity.
1573995093622.png 1573995105295.png 1573995210630.png

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
So when did this finish ?
Also did you'll get only some "winners" or take pretty much every creation posted by peoples ?
Cuz we can see so many cool thing here , of cours i've vote up pretty much every GC block haha , but the majority of submission here are very nice and deserv to be added imho.

I'm looking forward for them tonytony

EDIT after read again first post :

1- So the staff will choose 5 blocks it's that ?
2- And players will after vote for choose between these 5 blocks ? or we'll get all them 5 in game ?

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
I think this thread has a lot of good ideas, I'm being very honest here, I think Payload could try taking a little more time to implement more than one idea or set of ideas.
From my point of view this is the best community event to happen this year, it really brings the community close to the devs and reinforces one of the main pillars of the game. So I would spent more development resources in it.
Idk, choose the top 3 instead, take a little longer to add to the game, but it will be worth it.
Or do as Minecraft, let people vote, add the "losing" options in a later update.

Recently I shared as mod a weapon I made with WhitePaw, and I'd like to share it here, just in case people and the devs like it, for its design and what it adds to the game (this was going to be my only entry, before I knew we could submit more and I wanted to polish it a little more before adding here). I hope it's not too much for this thread.

GSO Death Ray

GSO_Death_Ray.png

This is the energy counterpart of the Big Bertha, a heavy, clunky powerhouse of pure energy.
I think it adds a lot to the game, being the largest energy weapon ever added to it, and giving a little taste of Reticule Research before they come, with their drawbacks and backfiring superweapons.
It has been shown to be funny to play with and worth the space it occupies (7000 dps currently, and very long range). I'm sure it's worth a suggestion for Vanilla game, and worth for all the effort we put into the model and special effects (no new code required, though).

Last edited:

Fanatic

I don't have and image to go with my idea but I have quite a lot of information on it.
How about a spinning servo that tracks your camera orientation and moves in tanden with it, this will make it fun and easier to use cirtain guns such as the hawkeye battleship cannon and rail gun and make them more viable to use instead of spamming missiles.

eddie

Chargeable weapons
weapons that are able to charge up for more powerful shot or unique effect by holding down fire button, can be kinetic base(gauss rifle in fallout 4) or energy base(wave cannon in R-type or Opticor in Warframe)
1574050689186.png 1574050705264.png 1574095823075.png 1574095893990.png

Last edited:

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
Idk if it's an "one-time-event" but if it work well , you (Staff ^^) should consider doing that every week or 2 week or even month , and choose a block or a set each time.

In the worst case , each 3 month i think it'll be good for "wait" community designed blocks.

eddie

Swingable Energy Blade
The energy blade that's more suitable for combat, by attaching energy blade at the end of a robotic arm, the blade will be able to do a single swipe that damage multiple blocks.
1574096680087.png 1574096719792.png 1574096775028.png

Pile bunker
A melee weapon of brute force, impale your enemy with giant explosive stake in point blank range!
1574097238977.png 1574097417689.png

Last edited:
Hey everybody hope y'all day is going swimmingly, anyways I seen this here link on my xBox going to some site about designing your own blocks and boy do I have one for you.

So I've been craving a suspension block with 3-5 variations in size strength and faction.
If you guys would like a design drawing or render let me know and I'll something whipped up in no time

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Articulated 'Mitre' Saw:

Currently, the GeoCorp rotary melee weapons (Buzz Saw and Excavator) feel under-powered and also difficult to use in campaign. Partly, they do very little damage (to rocks) compared to the Drills and Bores. But also, they are difficult to bring to bare on rocks without they causing ground clearance issues in general. Cerberus Head Light Bores being the best, with the way the hang forwards and down, such that the fixed part of their block can't catch on scenery and stop it doing its job.

Hence something like this might be handy, with a rotary blade that's tucked away until fired up, extending out and downwards. Rubbish pencil scribbles (details aren't important, its just to give an idea of the type of articulation):

2019-11-20 miter saw scribble.jpg

(1) Side view of blade that's tucked away, then cantilevers out - somewhat like the GeoCorp SCU deployment. Sheaf on top rotates back to fully expose the front half of the blade, as it moves forwards and reaches down. Sheaf could also be left attached to the main part of the block and all details are, of course, up to the far more creative art department.;)

I had this kind of action in mind, with the safety protector that smoothly moves out the way just as it cuts:

(2) Alternative diagonal blade - extends out in the same way, but also reaches inwards, so is intrinsically pincer-like. The diagonal settnig would allow the blade to be scaled up slightly bigger than e.g. a 2x2 footprint would allow, if orthognal to the block grid. Block body would probably need to be rotationally symmetric, so it could be mounted to articulate left or right.

(3) Double sheathed blade - would kinda look like Pac-man. Would ideally still reach downwards, too. But a purely linear action could have some use in practice, mounted to reach downwards by a block or so.

(4) Forward tilted horizontal blade - like a vinyl record player with disc at an angle, to better attack downwards when articulated forwards (and then downwards). Could have clamshell cover that stays attached to main block body, or semi-circular sheaths. For a Robot Wars analogy (although this pic doesn't show the disc tilt very well and it's uncovered and not a saw...):

index.jpg

In general, I was also very much thinking of Robot Wars house robot "Dead Metal":

So I think this weapon style would work well with a scrappy Space Junkers aesthetic. Although, obviously, it could most easily be made to look more utilitarian and given to GeoCorp. But they already have so many, while Hawkeye and GSO are totally lacking large melee weapons for harvesting, etc.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Let's be honest, probably the number one thing people want to recreate in terratech are the 16"/50 Mk7 cannons from the Iowa class battleships. It's already been mentioned on the thread. Frankly, the size of cannons in TT simply don't correctly match their scale in actual military hardware. Trouble is, we would need a paradigm shift in TT for this to happen which isn't something the devs seem keen on. The existing guns in TT need to be majorly scaled up, while keeping their damage the same. I don't think it will happen, but I think it *should* happen.

1574277639876.png

In light of that, my suggestion is a train bearing for use with multi-techs. It is two blocks which socket together. The bottom block attaches to the main body and rotates to to track enemies. The top block simply supports the player-designed turret. This is basically the same thing people do with the hawkeye shotgun to turn it into a multi-tech turret mount, except this train bearing should be purpose-built. It should have some way to lock the blocks together (like an end-cap or something). These blocks should be intersect-able during placement, so you can build the turret in it's correct position, and only separate them later with explosive bolts.

I could make a model of it, I'll do so when I find a few hours of free time.

Likewise, all EXP axles, rings, ball-joints, tow hooks, etc, should be intersect-able during building. You should be able to place both, intersected on the same tech. You can use explosive bolts to separate each side of the joint after spawning the tech.

Edit: as I review previous posts on this topic, there are... a lot of people requesting something like this.

Last edited:

Zonko

Let's be honest, probably the number one thing people want to recreate in terratech are the 16"/50 Mk7 cannons from the Iowa class battleships. It's already been mentioned on the thread. Frankly, the size of cannons in TT simply don't correctly match their scale in actual military hardware. Trouble is, we would need a paradigm shift in TT for this to happen which isn't something the devs seem keen on. The existing guns in TT need to be majorly scaled up, while keeping their damage the same. I don't think it will happen, but I think it *should* happen.

View attachment 29842

In light of that, my suggestion is a train bearing for use with multi-techs. It is two blocks which socket together. The bottom block attaches to the main body and rotates to to track enemies. The top block simply supports the player-designed turret. This is basically the same thing people do with the hawkeye shotgun to turn it into a multi-tech turret mount, except this train bearing should be purpose-built. It should have some way to lock the blocks together (like an end-cap or something). These blocks should be intersect-able during placement, so you can build the turret in it's correct position, and only separate them later with explosive bolts.

I could make a model of it, I'll do so when I find a few hours of free time.

Likewise, all EXP axles, rings, ball-joints, tow hooks, etc, should be intersect-able during building. You should be able to place both, intersected on the same tech. You can use explosive bolts to separate each side of the joint after spawning the tech.

Edit: as I review previous posts on this topic, there are... a lot of people requesting something like this.
They are in the mods somewhere.
Very fun :)

Zonko

Honestly, the thing i have never seen is drills that lower when you turn them on, and raise when they are not active.
Because if you build a good haverster with drills and stuff, then it has trrouble with hills, no matter what wheels it's got.
And the plasma beems are cool, but the drills are still better.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks so much to everyone for submitting your awesome designs! I'm genuinely blown away by your creativity!

I think we have enough designs to go on for now so I'll leave this thread open until next Monday 25th November for you to have the weekend to submit your last-minute block designs.

eddie

Honestly, the thing i have never seen is drills that lower when you turn them on, and raise when they are not active.
Because if you build a good haverster with drills and stuff, then it has trrouble with hills, no matter what wheels it's got.
And the plasma beems are cool, but the drills are still better.
Yeah, retractable harvesting and mining tools are definitely a game changer.

eddie

Those wiggle-waggle drils are nice, but they just go up and down constantly. that's no use.
Yeah, I mean, I almost never use drill on my final build, the hitbox are just annoying on rough terrain and completely useless when placed high, that's why I like plasma cutter better, and also I think that's one of the minor reason that melee build is not viable in the game, imagine you stuck or the drill fall off when hit the ground when you try to ram, I think combat oriented melee weapon needs to be out of the way when not needed.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
ahem
  • Glass blocks
    • Framed thick-glass blocks, or center-paneled glass blocks (like Minecraft)
    • Potential for glass AP (and no frames) would be very nice
    • I know you have translucent shaders you can't hide them forever
  • A nice decorative gauge block for energy and fuel
    • Glowing panels for stages of charge
    • 1x2x1 gauge block
  • Panel-lighting
    • Glowing panels that just glow, maybe just at night
  • Bearing wheels
    • Should be possible by setting rotation range of a wheel to 180, instant rotating speed and weaker acceleration / grip
  • Pill-shaped BF tank track ring
    • One that's for the center of techs, and one for the extents of techs
    • Animate for only the end virtual wheels, if center ones are necessary
    • 1574439191128.png
  • GC Autominer
    • The mining corp needs a mining block
    • 1574439395897.png
      [*]there's a bucket

Last edited:

joseph racer

Status
Not open for further replies.