Community Designed Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
I submit the Shrike Venture Head Cab. my favorite of my own. this one is a FPV cab, but that does not need to be the case in the final product, a normal cab will do fine. so no new functions required. remember to use luminous materials for the Visor and fin. i used the windscreen from the venture pallet so it would also be shiny during the day.
20190715123459_1.jpg 20190227183012_1.jpg 20190221014737_1.jpg
I'll not Image Spam, but i have many more shots if more are required.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Here's my contribution. I have long thought Hawkeye needed a much more extensive suite of wings. Specifically, there needed to be a swept wing for jet fighter style techs. (I really think the HE spread wing needs to have it's art updated a bit to feel more streamlined with other nearby wing blocks. However, barring that...) I incorporated the style of the spread wing into this block. It is designed to maintain consistent visual flow both with more of itself as well as with spread wings which might be attached to it. I chose dimensions, bevels, and chamfers specifically for that purpose.

This block is 2 wide x 4 long, x 1 tall. It has three attachment points on the left, and one on the right. If implemented, a mirrored version would need to be included also.

I present the Hawkeye Knife Wing.

1573771383648.png
1573771679258.png
1573771706069.png

Ry5

I would like a wide array of tech like the new mandibles, 3 wide, 4 wide, etc
Some reaching out further more like beetles have would be good.
If you have ever seen Dune, having blocks that can be put together to create a maw like a dune worm would be cool.

The angled Hawkeye blocks have lead to a ton of really interesting tank designs and other techs. It would be nice to see what the community would come up with more variety of these types of blocks.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This is a great thread and there were so many brilliant modded blocks already posted up within hours! :D

Obviously @Rafs had a whole fleet ready to go! The curved GSO armour, angled hovers and component frame sets, etc, all look amazing! But I'd probably pick out just a couple of little ones that would help compliment the existing inventory the best. Things I've missed not being there while building, like inside sloped corner for GeoCorp, or a small, angled Hawkeye block with side attach points (similar to be said for some of @Shidoni's in between sloped HE blocks):
2019-11-15 Raf piks 1.png

Those diagonal brackets excite me the most - the basic blocks that would have the most significant stylistic impact on building. I've wanted something like those a lot.

[Suggestion 1] Related - it's funny that @Mindl3ss hasn't posted diagonal wings with those parts... They are the main thing needed (in my opinion) to make a Payload logo shuttle replica. They'd also be great for making convincing looking, flying, modest sized X-Wings (or Star Furies - Babylon 5). I'd have them double duty as angled struts, with attach points on both ends (if possible). Or primarily as just that...

2019-11-15 Diagonal wings, struts.png

[Edit 2019-11-16: oh, I already suggested this back here.]

Swept forwards wings (@xXThunderFlameXx) would be awesome too! And Saelem's Swept back HE wings look perfect!:

It would be pretty disappointing if the devs did narrow all these suggestions down to just the 1 to go into game... I'd hope that any that fit with their existing ideas would be incorporated anyway (rather than having the opposite effect of being precluded). E.g. @Sea_Kerman's omni-directional wheels, which have been talked about by the devs a few times before. :)

And as much as I love the idea of (for example) a Venture armour plate, to let me hide those ugly, spare attach points, I think everyone might be underwhelmed if a month long submission process boiled down to just one little, solid block. Kinda uninspiring...

So I'm really hoping to see a bunch of more complex blocks, that the art team could put a whole bunch of work and love into animating. Like the big turreted gun I saw on the discord, by @Sozin.

Cropper2019-11-15-09-44-26-9172789.jpg

There's clearly a HUGE player desire for bigger, longer barrelled tank/battleship turreted guns to play with (multi-tech and even non-functional approximations of these constantly crop up on the workshop). And something like this would make for a much more climatic (first) winner!

2019-11-15 Demand for big turretted guns.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
[Suggestion 2] Grenade launcher - I'm thinking of something with a far more pronounced (almost cartoonishly accentuated) ammo carousel than the current EXP sticky bomb launcher (pictured below). More like the smoke grenade launcher from Terminator 2, or Batiste's healing grenade gun from Overwatch.

2019-11-15 Grenade Launcher Concept.png

The carousel would be upside down, above the barrel. Or to the side, to make the barrel off-center (bonus points for compelling asymmetry).

A key feature would be a fairly rapid firing sequence of the (roughly 8, or so) grenades: pop, pop, pop, pop, etc. Then a slow reloading process taking as much as 2 times as long as the burst of firing. Preferably this would involve the carriage rotating to animate each grenade refill, but if you could see them pop into existence that would be nice, just to give a visual indication of when it will be ready to fire again.

The projectiles would ideally bounce on the ground, with a short delay before exploding, or immediately on impact with an enemy. But if that's new code territory (or potentially too laggy), then they'd be fine to act as spherical missiles/mortars without any (or very little) homing capability. Smoke trails would be really cool too!

It would be similar sized to the GSO missile battery (2x2x2 or 2x2x3), but less effective, due to lack of homing. Rounds of a similar explosive damage, wider explosive radius.

As a hand weapon analogue it might make most sense going to GSO (like the "ZK-47s", etc). And I think that level 4 GSO is still missing a ranged weapon.

Note this was effectively how Lord Zornax's "Bounder Grenade Launcher" was pitched. But that seems like it ended up as the "Venture Roundabout Mortar".
I find it odd that GSO Grade 4 is the only grade of any corporation to not add any weapons at all (excluding the Special Corporation, but this one makes sense), so I decided I'd make one myself.
You can view it on Sketchfab: HERE
Any of you clever 3D modeller types are welcome to flush this idea out for me, or make some variant of the idea, whatever.:)

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
After urging by @ZeroGravitas I'm putting my small collection of items up for consideration. Models available upon request

Small Ghibli airship turret:
ghibli.png

Small Turreted Triple-Barrel Artillery
HE_Konigsberg.png

Turreted Long-Range Laser/Plasma beam
HE_Plasma_Gun_Icon.png

Large Turreted Triple-Barrel Artillery: See Zero's above post

Last edited:

Cloud

Here's my contribution. I have long thought Hawkeye needed a much more extensive suite of wings. Specifically, there needed to be a swept wing for jet fighter style techs. (I really think the HE spread wing needs to have it's art updated a bit to feel more streamlined with other nearby wing blocks. However, barring that...) I incorporated the style of the spread wing into this block. It is designed to maintain consistent visual flow both with more of itself as well as with spread wings which might be attached to it. I chose dimensions, bevels, and chamfers specifically for that purpose.

This block is 2 wide x 4 long, x 1 tall. It has three attachment points on the left, and one on the right. If implemented, a mirrored version would need to be included also.

I present the Hawkeye Knife Wing.

View attachment 29746
View attachment 29747
View attachment 29748
OH. MY. GOD. YES! PLEASE ALL OF MY YES!
1573835665558.png
Those knife wings. They would be fantastic for the Ace Combat stuff I'm planning to do.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Lots of cool ideas here.

From a functionality perspective, I still really really really want a ballast block. A simple 2x1x1 block; one which weighs 12, and one which weighs 16. That's literally it. It would be a huge boon for airship and hovercraft builders. Not flashy, but important for adding game depth without new crazy mechanics.

Sozin

Dog Emperor
As an airship builder, figuring out what to put on the side of the airship, and having it look nice can be a challenge. Most of the times, there's too much empty space, or you're placing stuff facing downwards (and not outwards).

So, suggesting horizontal cannons like the stuff in WWI landships:

and bomber gunner turrets

(and missile systems with the equivalent general turret shape)

Ry5

A Better Future "disk" laser like weapon with more variety of shapes would be really great. I am thinking angled so you could put these weapons on the corner of your tech. The line the laser comes out could look really nice cosmetically in a tron type style especially if you could match up the line to wrap around the tech.

Also the Hawkeye Auto Cannon... It looks great I like the ammo drum on one side, but it would help my OCD need for symmetry if there was another Hawkeye Auto Cannon block with the ammo drum on the other side so I could mirror these when I have some on the left side and some on the right side of a tech.
You have no idea how many times I didn't use this weapon (which is one of my favorites) because of this.

Last edited:

Zonko

A Better Future "disk" laser like weapon with more variety of shapes would be really great. I am thinking angled so you could put these weapons on the corner of your tech. The line the laser comes out could look really nice cosmetically in a tron type style especially if you could match up the line to wrap around the tech.

Also the Hawkeye Auto Cannon... It looks great I like the ammo drum on one side, but it would help my OCD need for symmetry if there was another Hawkeye Auto Cannon block with the ammo drum on the other side so I could mirror these when I have some on the left side and some on the right side of a tech.
You have no idea how many times I didn't use this weapon (which is one of my favorites) because of this.
or a drum on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.