Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your Tech showcased you can submit it by attaching a Snapshot/Screenshot or linking to it on the Steam Workshop in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 14the April from 4pm UK Time on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

Due to time constraints, we will only be able to show a maximum of ONE Tech per player.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for your Tech is to be highlighted in RED. This includes any Official Mods that your Tech uses.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

sharmoni

Oct 23, 2019
Here's a luxury version of the pocket racer I made for the Speed Demon achievement.

Cruises at 177, boosts to 210. Has two dynamo generators to keep battery charged.

Super Speeder Deluxe.png

Matt, I'm submitting this again because it got skipped in the last Com Core stream. (Also, I'm still waiting to see the results of the Target Dummy Challenge.)

It's top-heavy so it can't handle any jumps or ramps.
Because it uses hoverbug it may float up into the air. Restarting the game will fix that.

Uses cross-corp skins, plus TT Metals skin (optional).

Reactions: Matt

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Apr 3, 2019
Main Z-Sector Black Hole
Invulnerable.png
The Invulnerable, a ridiculously large and powerful brick of a tech.

This takes ages to charge, so leave it anchored and surrounded by lots of charger techs, then showcase more techs while you're waiting for it to be ready.

Come back after approx. 20 minutes, then feel the power of an immortal tech armed with 110 battleship cannons. Also, I hope you have a good computer.

Reactions: Matt

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Instructions:
Have darklight skins.
To fly, you need AG enabled and to drive off an incline so it can pitch, the pitching is what really allows it to fly.

Oh boy here we go again.
*Zooms on monorail in layer again.*

I know a tech I made long ago... before I started making guides, before moded skins I believe, and even back when the GMB was just added, that I very much wanted to put here but it kept getting pushed down by newer, fancier, larger, and more complex techs that REALLY urged to be shown, and have finally decided to give it what it deserves.
This will be a different entry from me, all my other entries where forms of zealous functionality covered in a mountain of decoration, but that is not how I really build, I build practical and functional, only putting massive detail if I have a margin to do so such as having a massive tech, only things like the LDA HQ are made of over 50% nonfunctional detail. Techs like The Toaster LOOK "decorated" but are not, a style I like to call "purposed", they look good because the details look like they posses intent. This entry is what I build when I am limited and unable to add "nonfunctional" detail, a category of ">90% functional, <10% nonfunctional decorations", this one in particular is something like >99% functional, <1% nonfunctional detail.

*Arrives at the deeper section of tech storage which has dust EVERYWHERE.*

So a bit of backstory on this tank.... I wanted to make THE "Too angry to die" embodiment with the introduction of the GMB and Tesla coil, so I get building. I included Anti Gravity to help it turn on the spot with a controller but this would give it a side effect that made it the most unique tank I have ever made.
After finishing and spawning it in the campaign, in the first 10 minutes of using it, I left the Anti Grav on after a mission and it starts flying on it's own after driving off the usual 70* hill incline. This was in no way an intended feature and it worked WAY TOO WELL. It flew by pitching up due to the only 2 small AG engines at the front and using it's Ion thrusters to fly as a thruster craft.

As for the tech itself, I renown it as the most successful tank I have ever built, the best of the best (still to this day) that was long due for a modern polish, fixing of it's ability to fly, and submission for Com Core.

Oh, and it's also perfectly fine without shields.
I also forgot, it's AI compatible. The AI is incompetent, but this tech tries to make it more competent, like actually following you.

Also, while giving it a modern polish and fix, I discovered a bug with AG and the Zero Point AG gun. When a tech has AG active and passes though the AG field of the Zero Point AG gun, the AG field adds PERMANENT AG to the tech, so if only the left side of the tech entered the AG field, it will try to roll clockwise against gyros as the left side now has more AG than the right. If the tech fully passes the AG field, it will have the field's AG effect on the entire tech and be much lighter, this effect sustains even after the AG field is removed and only fixed by disabling the AG with a controller block.

This is my proudest creation.

Link for Matt: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2451719789
V_LDA Battle Tech.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjer

Nov 21, 2020
The Demeter

The Demeter is the flagship of my fleet armed with 8 Naval cannons, 40 Cruise Missiles, 6 Bmbs, 12 Lance lasers, 24 Avalanche Launchers, 18 Missile Pods, and 4 Battleship Cannons. she runs on a anti-grav / hoverbug engine that can power a whole warship. She is extremely agile yet can tank afew bullets aswell.

Controls
Pitch: E & Q
Turning: A & D
Acceleration: W & S
I will not be attending the stream.

The Demeter.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

May 30, 2018
Dinghy: a small standard hovercraft, mainly intended for scouting. Uses a forward-facing Venture projected shield for a tiny bit of extra AoE resistance.

Dinghy.png

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020

This troop carrier can transport an entire company of troopers along with their respective commanding officers (up to 5 squads). The troopers can take up firing positions along the ridges of the vehicle to lay down cover fire for friendlies on the frontline

Required Mods :
Drives like a normal car, you can also take of the driver's windshield to see the guy driving inside. NOVA Troopers can be found in Hawkeye basic and weapon section, while Lancers are on hawkeye control section, yes they act as cabs, and AI activated too. You can also cra-, ehm, hire them via hawkeye fabricator by submitting a number of Ignian Crystals as tribute, because NOVA guys seems to really, really, love Ignian Crystals for some reason. Except the 2 star rank and above, you can't hire them that way, they need direct orders from NOVA High Command to start mobilizing

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for all the submissions so far! Apologies for having to postpone today's stream. We'll be showcasing all these tomorrow instead. See you then!

Status
Not open for further replies.