Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your Tech showcased you can submit it by attaching a Snapshot or linking to it on the Steam Workshop in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 4th November from 4pm UK Time on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

Due to time constraints, we will only be able to show a maximum of ONE Tech per player.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for your Tech is to be highlighted in RED. This includes any Official Mods that your Tech uses.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Last edited:

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
matt, you posted this thread on the 28-29 th of october, and will release the reuslts of the thread on the 20th of october, do you have a time machine, or is this just an error?

Reactions: YaYYeeT

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
matt, you posted this thread on the 28-29 th of october, and will release the reuslts of the thread on the 20th of october, do you have a time machine, or is this just an error?
Evidently he has a time machine and he's hiding it

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
All I have to say is, this is LDA culture in a nutshell. Might update it over the 7 days. Also I will probably be absent for the coming stream due to school days shifting around thanks to the voting date coming up. Instead of an off day, it just forces the school day over 1 day.
This is a reminder that I don't upload public snapshots. I want people to build their own techs and not use other people's techs for things like combat instead of making their own combat orientated tech. It kills the creativity.

Update log:
10/28/20:
Modified "scary tech" submission.

10/29/20: Correct attunement symbol and more poles. Removed semi-chaotic parts (meant only for Halloween submission).
10/31/20: Fully ignoring cost now. Added lots of small details, aka refined the tech a bit to look better. Interior extension and polish, the giant symbol is now 0G for the sake of the tech's gyro-stabilization system.
11/01/20: Some minor changes, fixed the bridge (grrr!), added a detach-cab to go around the ship without putting great effort into placing a mobile cab, and the hull now has a proper transition throughout the ship (no sudden edges or plateaus). I have also noticed some random blocks seemingly missing either due to me missing some spots in past edits (due to no mirror mode D:<) or that there's a spy among the shipyard that is being kinda sus (a possible snapshot bug). Spy checking protocols are currently under way among major LDA grounded shipyards.
11/03/20: Spy checking protocols have yielded nothing, assuming the missing blocks where from the lack of mirror mode in past edits of The Toaster and this model. Major shipyard spy checking ceased.

Matt, feel free to read this on stream when presenting it in my absence. Really sucks how the school just casually puts a date on a Wednesday after they announced to never do it again after the first time at the beginning of the school year. >_>
Current differences from The Toaster V3: This is a more cultural tech for the Lightning Drone Alliance so firepower is not a significant concern for its design. However it does have significantly more power, kinetic firepower, and potential maneuverability than The Toaster. The silo has been repurposed into a heavy processing center, consider it a mobile communications center. Such a ship would be used as a moral boost for Vertu citizens and military units as a way of saying "we got your back" during a potential engagement, this tactical use of military assets is similar to flag holders in human history who simply just carry the nation's flag when charging into combat, being a source of moral for the troops. It's combat effectiveness is not specialized unlike The Toaster or Command Ship but it is still as formidable and deadly, housing a few more guns and power capacity. It's more about aesthetics for this LDA model.

Also knowing you Matt, the ship HAS BUBBLES. So don't go on stream and say that it does not have bubbles just because the control system has them off by default. It's not meant for direct warfare so bubbles are off by default.

Instructions:
Be sure to give it some power, it flies best with anti-gravity engines online. Bubbles should be off so you won't need to charge it much. The ship also has a detachable cab (explosive bolt) for you to use to get a close-up camera, the hover ship is indeed semi-traversable. This thing has a lot of detail so be sure to give it a close look and a decent showcase length.

Link (and public screenshot) will constantly update, best to subscribe (Matt) on Wednesday.
Vertu Culture Toaster.png
For lore clarification. It is actually Vertu culture, not LDA, LDA is an AI nation created by Vertu, which is why they have identical culture customs and habits.

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Good catch! Unfortunately, flux capacitors are really hard to come by in this day and age so there wont be any time travelling I'm afraid.

Reactions: YaYYeeT

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
I think i speak for everyone here when i say you really need a better charging station matt, therefore i'm giving you my 20 stories tall solar tower, and please stop using the default charger from R&D lol

Solar Tower.png

Note: this is not my submission, i'm just tryna help out, i will build a new tech this weekend for comm core submission

Reactions: BenBacon and Matt
Oct 31, 2020

I humbly present a Purist tech, the GSO Behemoth, pinnacle of GSO Firepower.

Made with only GSO blocks, it is the smallest tank frame that can hold not one, but TWO Bertha Naval Class cannons along with a variety of weapons that can shred most of the competition. Jet Boosters make this tech agile and able to traverse almost any terrain and it is Multiplayer friendly.

Attachments

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
"N.S.N. Audacious "

285920_20201031201225_1.png

Required mods:
Fill some power so that the anti-grav can kick in, don't wait for bubbles, they take a really long time, roughly half an hour

As the first class of Dreadnaught ever constructed by Darvenstein Military Shipyard, N.S.N. Audacious is equipped with Adaptive Armor technology that works in synergy alongside [REDACTED] that goes around the circumference of the hull. Because of the resilient nature of the adaptive armor used in this design, we chose to completely abandon shielding to make sure that every bit of power comes straight to [REDACTED]. Of course, the audacity of completely relying on repairs isn't lost on us, hence the name, Audacious

The Audacious Dreadnaught has 3 flight decks to accommodate complementary aircraft, 1 helipad on top of the superstructure, and 2 separate runways on left and right upper deck capable of operating independently from each other. The lower deck consist of several weapon modules for air-to-surface bombardment, the heavily armored broadsides also have complementary weapons for engaging anything foolish enough to get close

As a first class Dreadnaught, and currently the only ship of it's kind, the Audacious is tasked to serve in NOVA HQ garrison fleet. This is to ensure that sensitive intel about this ship remains classified, and close to home at NOVA HQ in [DATA EXPUNGED]

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Darvin you do know that having mods in submissions has not been very functional lattly.. Also holy crap that is a lot of green... Anyways, you might want to create a backup submission incase your submission can't be spawned in as with many other submissions.

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
Darvin you do know that having mods in submissions has not been very functional lattly.. Also holy crap that is a lot of green... Anyways, you might want to create a backup submission incase your submission can't be spawned in as with many other submissions.
I think workshop mods works fine, if there are problems with it then just don't spawn it i guess, without adaptive armor the ship will be just a normal ship, and what will an Audacious Class Dreadnaught be without the audacity of adaptive armor lol

sharmoni

Oct 23, 2019
Here's something a bit different: a classic amusement park ride, the Scrambler!

Scrambler.png

I made this when I was experimenting with RR axles and bearings. Uses hover bugs for spin.
R&D Lab save—no assembly required. Will stop working if anchor is raised or tech is put in build mode.
Should load with correct skins: RR grey and everything else Hawkeye black.

Status
Not open for further replies.