Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 15th May from 4pm BST on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than TWO Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 3 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

burger1113

Last edited:

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
As per usual, I've made an assortment GSO techs in an R&D save. All are pre-charged and ready for action.

First up, we have a manoeuvreable little half-track:

Next, an artillery craft which demonstrates that MuddyDog wheels are still a bit underpowered:

And finally, a powerful tank that can tear through anything which isn't fast enough to get out of the way.

Attachments

Mindlessmrawesome

THE M.D. Emmitar DESTROYER
MD Emmitar Destroyer.png
...a multirole destroyer that I'm working on.

The Emmitar is a medium warship with a versatile array of weapons onboard. It's kinda meant to be able to combat all types of threats, and you can see that throughout the ship. The front of the ship is loaded with heavy weapons for ship-to-ship combat, while the rear is armed to take down faster threats.

The ship has the equivalent of 205 GSO batteries. It's moderately shielded, but it's real strength comes in it's ability to quickly heal. It's got some good ramming capabilities too!

QWEASD to move, works like a car except it's got liftup and liftdown on pageup and pagedown. In order to turn on-the-spot you may need to use Q and E in conjunction with A and D. Anchor to charge.

Last edited:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Hello!
This is my latest battle tech from my campaign. This tech was created from 100% crafted blocks which makes it a first for me.
It's called Purely Crafted. It was built around the new EXP anti grav gun.
Purely Crafted RX1.png
It's mainly a fighter, but it can carry some resources and also has cleaning abilities with its rear mounted SCU.
Have a good one [8D)

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I have two this week. I tried my hardest to make videos to show them, but youtube/google hate me. Long story, locked accounts, rejected appeals, terrible.

Anyway, I present the Dancer and the Fortress Drone for this week's ComCore

Please read all red text before attempting to pilot these techs.
(Absolutely no disrespect intended, but in the last comcore you guys spent about 30% of your time on my tech just trying to figure out how to get it in the air. It was quite literally the second line of red text.)

Dancer.png
The Dancer - a sand-skiff meant for doing tricks. Very fast, very maneuverable.

This is the product of me playing terratech while listening to Spanish guitar. The ion engines on the wingtips leave cool tracer tails as you do stunts.

Role: Stunt tech; defenseless and unarmed. Meant to be pretty and fun, not for combat. Recommend playing on saltflats at night for best visual.

Controls: S/W (Pitch), D/A/Left/Right (Yaw/turning), Up/Down/shift (Acceleration); the control redundancy is to make it easier to do stunts.
I know it looks complicated, but it basically just feels like a plane.

Stunts to try:
-Clockwise Ground Spin: D (on the ground)
-Clockwise Corkscrew: D (while falling in midair)
-Clockwise Tornado: S + Up + Right

-Fly backwards: W + Down
Combo these together effectively and you'll see why I named it the dancer.

Fortress Drone.png
Fortress Drone (Working name - I may change it before formally adding it to my roster)

Role: Anti-grav interceptor with armored drydock. Meant for campaign.

1. The tech will begin anchored.
2. Allow it to charge (or charge it externally) before use.
3. Press X to loose the drone.
4. Increase lift to take off. Up/Down (Lift), otherwise handles like a hovercraft. Hovers at 26.5%

[Also equipped with a more advanced combat scheme used by the Downburst (shown last week). The default scheme will hold the tech level which is good for docking/undocking; the Downburst scheme will allow the nose to point at targets to improve aim.]

5. When energy is low, return to the drydock and touch down in the cradle. It will auto-charge the drone, protect it from aggressive enemies, and hold it in place while you pilot other techs.

Last edited:

Amtarew

Read all (because i know that Matt read only the half of what is written :cool:).
Hi! This week, I'm showing 3 of my new tanks that are based on real tanks :
- French light battle tank "Batignolles-Chatillon Char 25Tonnes"
- American light tank "T92"
- Italian self-propelled gun "Semovente 90/53 M41M"

All the indications about these tanks (also how to place the turret of each one) are written in their Steam Workshop submitions :
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1738404094 (Char 25T)
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1738387502 (T92)
- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1740276491 (Semovente)

Do not rush with any of these tanks. Techs are not invincible and these tanks aren't made with melee weapons but cannons so please, let some range between you and your enemy.

Techs are already charged by the maintenance crew ;)

Attached file : The save that holds all the tanks

Attachments

TheGamingEnder

lemonian founder of Z-tech corp
I have one more tech before this closes
the GA microscout:
GA microscout.png
this weaponless plane is a good flier, and the 3 plane I uploaded. unlike the seeker series I build long ago that need a ramp to take off, I made this based off the take-off plane. the gyro makes it not able to do loop-de-loops, but she can do corkscrews under power, climb high, and glide long distances! she can auto-land too. it does not need much space to take or land! it's on the steam workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1740785143 Controls: WASD for air control, arrow keys for ground movement and yaw. to land on a short surface, lightly tap the down arrow when low to the ground. to take off hold shift and when rear wheel somes off ground, push s.

ryanfrogz

ryan frog z
I have a few techs for y'all!

A few weeks ago you asked for anti-gravity techs, and I delivered! Here it is: the Graviton! Uses default Hovercraft controls. ENSURE TO TURN ON ANTI-GRAV!

and, the Astriant! I may have posted it before but I've never seen it in CommCore. Uses basic car controls.

Attachments

Saelem Black

If you have time, take a look at this one. I didn't expect it to be ready in time (been working on it for a week or so), but looks like it just scrapped by in time for this week's summit. If you don't have time left to give this due diligence, I'm happy to wait until next week. Cheers!

I created this tech desiring a battlecruiser version of the Downburst (from last week). Full disclosure; I can't take total credit for the design. I googled a fair bit to get a template of what I wanted to build to, and used artwork from Eve Online as inspiration.

Runehammer.png

This is the Runehammer.

Read all instructions before attempting to pilot.

Role: Direct Fire Battlecruiser

Shields/Repairs are off by default - block controllers are just aft of SCU.
Charge before combat. Stay on the ground while anchored.

Controls:
1. Raise lift to 100% until you reach desired height.
2. Lower lift to 85% to hover.
3. Controls as if it were an airplane.
4. You can stop mid-air to aim at targets
5. If you touch down by accident, raise lift to 100% and repeat.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, because you devs didn't seem to appreciate (or at least not show off) the ability for BF Pitch Trim gryos to accept dynamic control inputs from the user, here's "Mr Tip n Jump", a simple parcour bot I threw together. Someone will have to make and share a platformer challenge map for him, or something.:)

(1) Use [Q] and [E] (or arrows up/down) to pitch the gyro forward/back.
(2) Then press space to jump in leant direction.

Jump over obstacles or gaps!

(3) Also, use leaning to chew up some small resource rocks/crystals.

ZG Mr Tip n Jump.png

Note that the adjustment thrusters do not help to lean or fly at all and turning the gyro "off" prevents it being used to help tipping, but maintains its stabilising effect.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been enjoying blending Venture and Better Future blocks properly for the first time, with this build. It's an adaptation of @burger1113's Herniator 260 [workshop link] that I was initially making to show how I'd improve its clearance slightly. But I got carried away and ended up with a more general purpose hit and run campaign craft (and high tier enemy tech). It's almost 100mph slower than the super-fun original, but still fast and great for drifting (just for a change).

I had to use a pitch trim gyro, again (below at the front), to stop it from taking off over very slight hills - the extra weight on top shifted the centre of mass upwards, above the centre of thrust. Pitch gyro's set slightly forwards to compensate for this.

(1) Control gyro with [Q] and [E] (or up/down arrow) keys to fly! (While driving.)

(2) Tweak gyro balance forwards (slider right) and observe how much quicker it it turns/doughnuts.

(3) Tweak balance backward (slider left), observe massive understeer.

ZG Herniatore Mod1.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Saelem Black

OK, because you devs didn't seem to appreciate, or at least show off the ability for BF Pitch Trim gryos to accept dynamic control inputs from the user, here's "Mr Tip n Jump", a simple parcour bot I threw together. Someone will have to make and share a platformer challenge map for him, or something.:)

(1) Use Q+E (or arrows up/down) to pitch the gyro forward and back.
(2) Then press space to jump in leant direction.

Jump over obstacles or gaps!

(3) Also, use leaning to chew up some small resource rocks/crystals.

View attachment 27308

Note that the adjustment thrusters do not help to lean or fly at all and turning the gyro "off" prevents it being used to help tipping, but maintains its stabilising effect.
A lot of pitch trim gyros this week. All 3 of mine have them as well. They're becoming one of my favorite blocks.

burger1113

I've been enjoying blending Venture and Better Future blocks properly for the first time, with this build. It's an adaptation of @burger1113's Herniator 260 [workshop link] that I was initially making to show how I'd improve its clearance slightly. But I got carried away and ended up with a more general purpose hit and run campaign craft (and high tier enemy tech). It's almost 100mph slower than the super-fun original, but still fast and great for drifting (just for a change).
Now that looks killer lol and now it can fly too? Reminds me of old Tamiya 4WD toy cars I used to love way back when.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.