Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 7th May from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than TWO Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 3 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
w00t! first in line!

Ok, First, the HE-D Pangolin R Artillery Platform. Listed under the HE-D designation for it's Desert Camo Patterning, and the R notation denotes it's Rail gun armament. Several other models exist including the M, C, A, and F models, respectively armed with Missiles, Heavy Cannons, Assault Gatling Guns, and Plasma Flamers. additionally an experiment G model was armed with 28 Zero Point gravity cannons, but after an initial firing test, designers are still waiting for the prototype to drop out of orbit.

The Featured Model is the most popular the HE-D Pangolin 'R' Artillery platform is a formidable medium combat Weapons platform. It's wheeled design makes it faster than other tanks of it's class, and it's perimeter of light rail guns and anti-personnel machine guns make it a difficult target to breach at medium range, and the full surround of Plasma skirting makes close combat against a Pangolin suicide. Aside from it's perimeter rail guns and small arms fire, All Pangolins were armed with a pair of Zero Point Gravity cannons to immobilize targets and set them up for massive artillery shots. The 'R' Model Pangolin's Primary weapon is Hawkeye's own variant of the Mindl3ss M0dding Riptide Cannon. That is no less than sixteen Rail guns fixed in a tight forward firing cluster. it creates a pair of Crescent blades of high velocity projectiles. this is truly a devastating weapon for a tank of it's size, far more commonly equipped on capitol star ships.

What makes all this high energy output possible is it's high output power system and built in charging equipment. It's a Tank. No special instructions needed. it has a lot of firepower and is quite defensable. Gravity guns are fun... in moderation...
  HE Pangolin Tank.png

Next up is another tech that messes with the Zero Point Gravity Cannons as well. perhaps a little more recklessly, but far more powerfully.
The M3 Kronos Gunship is a radical new test vehicle that incorporates aspects of an attack Helicopter worked into a dedicated assault hovercraft. Use Aeroplane Controls. You can fly, but you arent designed to. act as a Hovercraft and use your rotors to set your altitude ride height, rather than a flight mechanism. if you find yourself dropping from the air, Fire close to the ground to drop a gravity pillow underneath you. Main tactic, fire down onto opponent, then back off slowly and maintain fire. you will wreck single targets that arent anchored. Also Gravity Bombs when crusing at full speed to detur followers.
The M3 Kronos Gunship was designed specifically for the purpose of testing low altitude applications of gravity weapons.
M3 Kronos Gunship.png

And finlly, a tad bit of rediculus fun. I made a small star destroyer specifically to play around with the philosophy of star destroyers. that is that a wedge shaped hull will focus the firepower foreward, bassically allowing the broadside cannons of a typical vessel to fire foreward without the fore cannons blocking the arc of the cannons behind. this is basiccly half of how gunbricks work. (The other half being that many guns make better armor than armor). and i know gunbricks. i know you devs hate them. BUT. this one might actually be viable. it's BF, so it's guns arent better armor than armor. it does have a ton of them. basically the entire outer skin of the ship is guns. AND none of them obstruct a concentrated foreward assault. Another Hover from me that was built using Aero controls... i dont see why it wouldnt work perfectly well with standard hover as well. i just orefer the Aero controls for my hovers... im strange that way. Switches on top control the idnividual systems indicated. It can fly with anti-grav, but i dont reccommend it. it was designed as a hover.
BF Star Destroyer.png

Mindl3ss

and sorry for the double post, but the M3 Kronos is a bit complicated so i'll include a set of screenshots in case the Devs dont get the hang of it in the alloted time.
Here it is doing a Gravity Bombing run.
20190330185741_1.jpg
By Backing off slowly, you can maintain fire on a target while it;s suspended in the Zero Point feild.
20190330185451_1.jpg
Lastly, a close combat varient.
20190330194628_1.jpg

Okay, i'll stop taking up Comcore posting space now.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Downburst.png

Downburst Corvette

The Downburst is an airship/airplane hybrid. It uses linear motion engines for lift (instead of wings) but propellers/boosters assigned to shift and ctrl for movement. Boosters are more for quick acceleration than top speed. No antigrav, no hoverbug. I built this for use in my campaign, so it's small. Trim gyros are the secret sauce.

1. Controls: Lift (up/down), Pitch (S/W; as aeroplane), Yaw (A/D; as hovercraft), left shift for propellers only, left ctrl for propellers + boosters.
It's more intuitive than it sounds, I promise.

2. Set lift to 90% to fly. Point the nose in the direction you want to go, and press shift or ctrl. This is also allows you to aim at your target.
Use ctrl to take off, or when you need speed in combat. Shift is for cruising, ctrl is for dogfighting.

3. YOU CANNOT FLY BACKWARDS. Think plane, not hovercraft. If you miss your target, keep going then spin around in place.
The Downburst can hover and turn in place, but the control scheme doesn't allow for backward movement.

4. Shields/Repairs are off by default. Block controller switches are just behind the cab.

[Snapshot edited for performance improvements]

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
noice
View attachment 27073
Downburst Corvette

The Downburst is an airship/airplane hybrid. It uses linear motion engines for lift (instead of wings) but propellers/boosters assigned to shift and ctrl for movement. Boosters are more for quick acceleration than top speed. No antigrav, no hoverbug. I built this for use in my campaign, so it's small. Trim gyros are the secret sauce.

1. Controls: Lift (up/down), Pitch (S/W; as aeroplane), Yaw (A/D; as hovercraft), left shift for propellers only, left ctrl for propellers + boosters.
It's more intuitive than it sounds, I promise.

2. Set lift to 90% to fly. Point the nose in the direction you want to go, and press shift or ctrl. This is also allows you to aim at your target.
Use ctrl to take off, or when you need speed in combat. Shift is for cruising, ctrl is for dogfighting.

3. YOU CANNOT FLY BACKWARDS. Think plane, not hovercraft. If you miss your target, keep going then spin around in place.
The Downburst can hover and turn in place, but the control scheme doesn't allow for backward movement.

4. Shields/Repairs are off by default. Block controller switches are just behind the cab.

Mindl3ss

Yeah, Saelem. I dont make a habbit of commenting on others' comcore techs, but i very much like. It's got a nice sleek profile for a HE Hull. i like that it's medium-small and also that it isnt weighed down with more weapons than one would ever need in the campaign. in a word, it's Conservative. something we dont often see in airship designs. with something so uselessly extravagant within the current campaign Meta, we often focus on form over function when designing new airships. this one seems to be very function oriented, yet is pleasing to the eye as well. Well done, Saelem, Im impressed. my only negative on the whole craft is the exposed turbines on the nacelles. they just dont jive with the smooth hull plating of the fuselage. also i think the extra weight that cowls would cost you would be worth it for the engine armor. I also really like the name.

Also i absolutely LOVE this control scheme. using boosters for quick burst movement independant of turbines is a concept i used on the Felhound Battlecruiser. it allows you to quickly reposition your airframe around a target on the ground. iv even used boosters to make the Massive Fellhounds dodge Battleship cannon fire, no small feat for a max length/half max width and height floating brick. i can only assume something this small will be exponentially faster and more maneuverable than the Felhound.

If you dont mind, after comcore, im going to take and improve your design to fix some inadequacies based on the size limitations. for starters, a reverse gear, also possibly an aggressive Ballast system in accordance with it's name, using the Gravity magnifier to allow it to drop altitude extreamly quickly and level out at the flip of a switch, allowing it to quickly enter combat from above, catching enemy battlegroups off guard. Also some cowls on those turbines. Naked engines are excellent targets for enemies, and the extra weight will be worth the extra armor. Not sure how to do all that without changing the size or shape, but Mindl3ss like Pr0bl3m S0lvin6.

Anyways. Props. it's not often i see a comcore design that i absolutely MUST cast my opinion on.

oh, two questions. First, does it use hovers at all? second does it have any landing gear?

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
@Mindl3ss Thanks for the high praise! I thought the same of the exposed engines as well. The trouble is that adding covers around the hawkeye turbines increases the bulk quite substantially and throws off the visual balance that I was trying to achieve. I tried to used BF ion engines at first for this exact reason, but due to the cross section at the end, I was limited to two engines per side, which didn't give me the speed I wanted. Ultimately most the design trades I did for this were for speed. It's still not quite as fast as I want (115 mph or so), but the larger the craft, the slower it gets.

It has a little more weight it can carry yet, but it's getting close to maxed out. If you add (heavy) hawkeye fortress armor on the nacelles, you'll likely have to extend the "engine" with more linear motion engines to get the desired lift. The key to this build is the buried trim gyros. They allow the lift to be front-loaded on the tech, so if you change the weight in the back you'll have to trim up the pitch.

Lift is entirely linear motion engines. no hovers (I've found that hovers + LMEs don't play well together. They fight over the center of mass and make your handling and balance dependent on your lift setting). The pitch control is done with medium adjustment thrusters at strategic locations. It has landing gear in the back to protect weapons mounted underneath, but none in front.

Feel free to redesign as you like, but please reference the original if you post anything. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

The M.D. HSI 2 (high speed interceptor)
MD HSI2 mp.png
The HSI2 is an upgrade to the original HSI that gives it 4 venture repair bubbles and more durability.
The HSI is a fast, speedy, and nimble dogfighter plane that exceeds standards in multiplayer. It is lightweight and deadly. This is the multiplayer version btw (which is why it has a random BF 1 block on it's back- that'd normally be a control block but they're not allowed in MP)
The HSI is so fast it doesn't even need it's tailwings to fly!

All you need to use the HSI is a control scheme that has accelerate (not propellers) bound to shift and normal plane controls other than that.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here you go, @Matt - a Pitch Trim Gyro demonstration on a slightly slanted trike build that I forgot I had sitting about half finished (from playing with the Venture F1 wheels). I also discovered that these gyros provide manually controlled torque on the pitch axis, nice! :)

Drive it about and drift, etc, tweak gyro, whatever.

Watch video beforehand, preferably, or feel free to include this tech in any official Payload studios video (I probably won't include it in my own).

Description from the Steam workshop upload:

A fun 3 wheeler for sliding around the Salt Flats, doing doughnuts, maybe some light hit and run fights.

Features a Better Future pitch trim gyro (underneath) to precisely control the ratio of grip between front and back wheels.

Pitch forwards (slider right) means sharper turns and easier spins, as the front wheel gains traction. Pitch back (slider left) does wheelies. Neutral pitch (gyro 'off') tends to wheelies and understeer badly - there's too little grip to the front, as the tech is build slanted, with the front wheel higher up.

[E] + [Q] (or [Up] + [Down] arrows) can manually pitch forwards and back, e.e.g for wheelies while driving, or blasting off into the the air with the boosters (on [Shift]).

See demo video (embedded above) here on YouTube:

Not suitable for sloped terrain - the gyro is too strong and prevents the wheels all getting traction at the same time, massively throwing off the steering.

90mph cruising and 148mph boosting (for long periods). Anchorable for self charging. Separate power controllers (on rear) for shield and repair bubbles.

ZG F1 Drift Trike.png

burger1113

20190504201109_1.jpg
(Not a snapshot. RnD Save Below for Demo.)

Hawkeye MPCV
A Multi Purpose Combat Vehicle that automatically refines chunks, sells the non-fuels, and stores the fuel for use during battle.
The array of generators will negate moderate attacks if there is enough flow of chunks. The armor at the front is at least a few blocks thick, so even with the shield down, it can stand some heat.
Workshop link of two versions below!
https://steamcommunity.com/id/burger1113/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920

Instructions
The two versions are just size variants. You can just play with either one.
1. Harvest some fuel chunks
2. Set the Filter that leads to generators to FUEL CHUNKS ONLY and go wreck stuff.
20190504210629_1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.