Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 1st May from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than TWO Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 3 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Galvinon

Here is my Campaign Save file with a series of techs moving resources from ground level to the base at the top of the square rock,

Use the GEOcorp Transfer unit to load up the Scrapper or hunt down enemy techs to scrap, Once the scrapper gets loaded start following the trail of resources all the way to the top

There should be 2 enemy techs in front of the GEO Transfer unit ready to attack and scrap :D when you load the save file ready to be scrapped ;) (hopefully)

:D I hope you enjoy, here is a video link also showing the process at work

Attachments

Last edited:

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
TFV 6 Antares:
A cool design that combines the hoverbug and the vertical thrust of the helicopter blades which result in a surprisingly good stability, but what are those? Turrets? Thrusters? Yes, I know you can see the venture bolts through the gaps, just blow them up already.
TFV 6 Antares.png
Heavy support craft, recommended thrust level for hovering in place is 33.9 with drones and 28.9 without drones, when performing manoeuvres at that level also press shift to maintain your altitude, otherwise you will descend, charge is not mandatory but it would be a good idea, and remember to activate the shield and repair bubbles when going in combat.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Hello everyone!
I took a few minutes in my campaign to upgrade my older tech Speedy and with the new skins it looks better than ever.
No special instructions so have fun with this reasonably fast compact endgame battler!
Speedy AI XXL RX1.png
Have a good one [8D)

GK vec

GK 光轲
GK Thumper
Sky artillery. Not designed for close combat. Just for snipe.
W/S to pitch, A/D to turn, Q/E to roll, but it almost don't need roll. Shift to go forward.Ctrl to move faster. PgUp and PgDn to change altitude.
No stabilizer used and no anti-gravity parts used. You can stop and fire in any angle you want. Fire when the sonic cannon ready, it can offset most of recoil.

Steam workshop link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1724932817

Comet

this is my Vwing. A small, cheap, but effective flyer.

If my controls are confusing, switch to hover controls!

burger1113

Workshop Link - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1725863791

Venture Pest XC2
A hovercraft/turrent with an Ironsight type thing for aiming the battleship cannons.
Get the sights lined up and use Arrow Keys to tilt the vehicle.
Use Thrusters as you fire to counter the recoil.

It will easily fire well beyond visual rangle and the spread of the shells make the margin of error pretty big.

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

THE M.D. Gerton (unfinished but operational)
MD Gerton F.png
The Gerton was built as a smaller and more maneuverable alternative to the expensive Testoil heavy tank (that's the tank it's next to in the snapshot). The Gerton has an auto multitech turret that doesn't require player control to turn. It has 3 separate battery compartments, each are separated to prevent chain reactions from taking down the whole craft. In total it has the equivalent battery storage of 214.5 GSO batteries. It has at least 1 block thick Hawkeye armor in all places, and in some places more. It has 14 GSO solar panels to recharge using a rotating anchor at the front of the Gerton. Atop the turret is an AA missile launcher.
To release turret, press X while on flat ground. If the turret doesn't align with the minigun properly, use build beam to maneuver it until it does. Has thrusters and can anchor to recharge. Don't go up slopes greater than 45 degrees (or the turret will build beam)

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Cursebreaker.png
Cursebreaker Battlecruiser
Role: Heavy Attack Airship
-Hovers at 92.5% lift; be gentle on the throttle (90-95% for cruising/combat)
-Controls: Lift (Up/Down), Strafe (Left/Right), WSAD for regular movement.
-Equipped with sky anchors/solar panels.
-Use block controller switches to turn on repairs/shields when needed. Located at the foot of the conning tower.

-There is NO HOVER GLITCH in this tech, despite how it behaves.

The Cursebreaker is a sensibly designed heavy attack airship. It can comfortably engage from heights 50m-600m above the ground, and has very large energy capacity for shielding. Its body style was inspired by C&C's Kodiak, Stargate's Daedalus, and the real-world USS Gerald R. Ford. Like all my techs, I spent a lot of time on handling. Should remain solidly level at all times.

For all my techs as well as more details on the Cursebreaker, see the Saelem's Xenoforge thread.

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

View attachment 27029
-Hovers at 92.5% lift, she's a heavy girl.
-Controls: Lift (Up/Down), Strafe (Left/Right), WSAD for regular movement. Equipped with sky anchors/solar panels.
-Use block controller switches to turn on repairs/shields when needed. Located at the foot of the conning tower.

The Cursebreaker is a sensibly designed heavy attack airship. It can comfortably engage from heights 50m-600m above the ground, and has very large energy capacity for shielding. Its body style was inspired by C&C's Kodiak, Stargate's Daedalus, and the real-world USS Gerald R. Ford. Like all my techs, I spent a lot of time on handling. Should remain solidly level at all times.
just a question, why didn't you use some hoverbugs or at least airbrakes to make the thing not fall like a rock if you accidentally set your thrust too low?

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
just a question, why didn't you use some hoverbugs or at least airbrakes to make the thing not fall like a rock if you accidentally set your thrust too low?
I've never had this problem. I don't know if you've tried it out, but it's pretty heavy so it doesn't change directions quickly. As a result, it's pretty stable. To be fair, keeping the throttle between 90 and 95% is best for combat and cruising. I'll update the original post. As for hoverbug, it feels like cheating to me, so I don't use it.

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

I've never had this problem. I don't know if you've tried it out, but it's pretty heavy so it doesn't change directions quickly. As a result, it's pretty stable. To be fair, keeping the throttle between 90 and 95% is best for combat and cruising. I'll update the original post. As for hoverbug, it feels like cheating to me, so I don't use it.
If I accidentally make it go below 90 it falls super duper fast and it's hard to recover

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Here are a couple of modern-era GeoCorp techs, because GeoCorp needs more love. First up, we have Heavy Plant, a fairly normal mining vehicle:

Heavy Plant.png

And the Hovvester, a hovering harvester:

Hovvester.png

To use the Hovvester, position it directly above a mineral-containing rock, use the down arrow to descend and fire the bottom-mounted plasma cutters if necessary. You can also turn off the hovers and use it as a normal vehicle, but any resources will drag on the ground.

ijax

View attachment 27029
-Hovers at 92.5% lift; be gentle on the throttle (90-95% for cruising/combat)
-Controls: Lift (Up/Down), Strafe (Left/Right), WSAD for regular movement.
-Equipped with sky anchors/solar panels.

For all my techs as well as more details on the Cursebreaker, see the Saelem's Xenoforge thread.
is your block limit maxed out? because thats a giant tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.