Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 24th April from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than TWO Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 3 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Here i made a cool big hovercraft for you to kill some stuff with
You will also see a suicide bomber to kill some simple turrets or targets with :)
And the last tech in here is a regular hovercraft to play with
I also put the BF enemy base in for you to try killing
Im still bad with names......
Good luck and enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
A Skytrain.
After the unstable update, I am unsure if the train still works properly, as I remember the locomotive using VEN gyros. The carriages should still be working.
(I hope this is red)
INSTRUCTIONS:
LOAD CREATIVE SAVE. ADMIRE TRAIN. REBIND AXIS 6 TO LEFTSHIFT/LEFTCTRL. HOLD W TO GO FORWARD, A OR D TO TURN, SHIFT TO GO UP, CTRL TO GO DOWN.
DO NOT GO UNDER 60MPH, TRAIN WILL STALL.

Snapshots in spoiler below. Not needed for demonstration.
Railhead HD MKII.png RailCarriage MKII.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ryanfrogz

The Deploy (Mk. II)!

Standard hovercraft controls, press X to deploy the Zoomers.

The Tricopter.

E/Q for up/down.
W/A/S/D for the W/A/S/D functions.

And finally...

The Disintegrator!

It's essentially Falchoin's Piecemaker but on steroids.

SHIFT: Up
CTRL: Boosters

Attachments

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
At this point, I've been playing the campaign for long enough to go a little bit buck-wild. Thus, here are two huge, excessive techs. For starters, the Great Block Goddess:

Great Block Goddess.png

The Great Block Goddess is built to turn resource chunks into blocks while travelling. Resources are collected at the rear, refined and stored in four large siloes. When anchored, the tech can turn them into compressed resource blocks, which are promptly sucked up by the built-in SCU. It has a fairly beefy collection of weapons and a sizeable battery capacity, too.

In a nutshell: Gather resources, anchor the tech, craft the resources into blocks.

Next up, the Consumer:

Consumer.png

Not even a goddess can compare to a hugely expensive, overpowered, ugly-as-sin tech. The Consumer can not only harvest resources but entire techs, using a set of block magnets to grab their parts and feed them to a full set of scrappers. When anchored, it turns enemy parts into resource chunks and sells all the unwanted components. It is stronger than pretty much any enemy or invader in the game, and a combination of solar panels, mobile furnaces and dozens of batteries mean it won't ever run out of power.

In a nutshell: Blow something up, grab the loose blocks with the magnets, anchor the tech, let the scrappers get to work, craft the resources into blocks. Then feel free to bully some turrets.

Last edited:

burger1113

Workshop Link - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1718221203

Squishy
download.jpeg

A Finding Nemo inspired flying monster. All the heaviest weapons. MANY OF DEM.
Hovers around 79~80% throttle. Standard heli controls with Q/E Strafing added. Line up above target with the radar and blast away(Lower throttle when firing cuz guns rocket you up.)

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I present a couple of my techs for ComCore

Strix.png
I cannot view the twitch stream live because of where I live. I always watch them later, but I won't be able to answer questions on the fly (sadly).

The Strix
Role: anti-grav bomber
You must charge before using.
Hovers at 66.6% lift.
Controls: Lift (Up/Down), Strafe (Left/Right), WSAD for regular movement.

The Strix is the latest generation of my Chariot techs, basically bombardment helicopters. I've put a great deal of time and effort into its handling.

Demon Bike.png

Demon Bike
Role: Fast attack and scout

Controls: Standard Car

Nothing fancy, just a cool tech whose design I like. Used it a lot more than I thought in my latest campaign. The shield is on by default, but it is equipped with repair bubble/block controller to allow it to heal only when necessary. Block controller is just below the starboard "eye" assault laser.

Last edited:

Falchoin

Unstable 1.1.0.1 Creative Save

The week continues the same theme as my techs last week of hovers meant to work together. No need to switch techs, fight enemies and collect resources (ignore the turret and resource collector drones).

Bee Keeper: a small mobile factory which collects resources from Bee drones, then refines and sells/burns for power distribution

Basher: a low floating hover equipped with a trio of GeoCorp flails to remove nature in the way between it and the player controlled tech, has a hover power controller to allow for harvesting of even luxian crystals or avoid resources altogether.

Honeypot: a light combat high floating hover which works as extra battery storage and power distribution

Preview pic:

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Instructions Destructions:

Host the co-op multiplayer save file (attached).
Get 3 other devs/viewers in.
Race 3 laps as demonstrated:

Pick a provided racer.
Set your "Lift" axis key binding to [Shift]+[Ctrl] because you'll need one handed vehicle controls.
Start together and drive clockwise through the gates (showing green, not red).
Grab a red, then yellow, then green block, one per lap, to build your winner totem at the start line.
Pit stop as necessary.
No switching teams or blatant cheating.

The track is as big as I could make it while (hopefully) staying inside of a single circle (pretty tiny - these racers want to go fast and far!). Even slightly bigger and my gates started turning into invisible walls! o_O I also wanted to have the track drive up a sloped monument, but those currently cause techs to explode...:rolleyes:

Alternatively, play this except from my latest video (which has the voice-over removed). It demonstrates some additional posibilities with these types of hybrid vectored hover-bug racer bikes :):

Alternatively, alternatively, you could play this segment direct from my episode 9 video starting at 15m33s (if you want to make me blush...):

Unfortunately I probably won't be around at 4pm Wednesday for the stream, so any questions by Wednesday morning, please.;)

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's the snapshot of the main Tron Bike (competitors could all use the same snapshot, if they wish):

ZG HVHB_V Tron Mini.png

And here's a hybrid vectored hover-bug (mostly) BF tech which is suited as an enemy submission (try having a couple fight/chase you;)):

ZG HVHB TronCar 3.png

More racers in this workshop collection: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1720885737

And I started a thread in the Techs section to share the racing setup techs and potentially discuss ways to make improved setups in future: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...-tron-racing-hybrid-vectored-hover-bug.18950/

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Wow it's been a very long while since I've had time for TT. Practical application of the improved hover bug. Nice video there btw @ZeroGravitas

Went with an all-vertical setup b/c controlling that w/o a stabilizing computer ... ha no. The inertia is ridiculous, and air brakes can only do so much.

Iudex.png

Instructions:

Needs AntiGrav to work. Feed scrappers in back to speed up charging. Recommend GEO Oleite cube

A / D <== turn left / right
W / S <== move forward / back
Up / Down <== pitch up / pitch down
L Shift <== lift up
Pg Up / Pg Down <== control (lift up / lift down)

GK vec

GK 光轲
steam workshop link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1722083265
GK junker
WASDQE to move. PgUp and PgDn to change altitude. Having a Better Future mobile SCU makes it can collect parts after a fight.

A beautiful classic
destroyer.
Built for multi-creativity mode.
WASD to move. PgUp and PgDn to change altitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.