Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 27th March from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than THREE Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Mindlessmrawesome

speeder bike
ok so this little guy was inspired by the speeder bike chase on endor (from star wars episode VI) with the laser and all that

really it's just a quick and cheap transport vehicle to get from one place to another. One thing to note is that I got the Q and E keys all balanced so you can strafe side-to-side without rotating.

the AI plays well with this guy, so he'd make a nice addition to the enemy population *wink wink* *nudge nudge* (although you may have to remove the hover power controller behind the armor plate at the back and the stabilizer controller under the laser to make it purely venture)

Last edited:
A R&D save with 4 techs, control them how you want!
the tech you start in id like you to try some races in, if youre standing still and turning around its going too fast around, turn while flying fast.
try an airborne race too with it ;)
you might also remember the biggest one from an earlier stream
(im still bad at giving stuff names)
enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

burger1113

Venture AH-Striker
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1677677215
The fastest Heli I've made. Tops out around 154mph if you go 100% throttle, pitch foward and CTRL.

Tips for use
Try to use throttle as little as possible, and instead,
1.Set THROTTLE to 35~40% (hovers at 40, but firing weapons can give extra lift, so less is okay in combat)
2.Tap CTRL whenever you are losing Altitude, or want to go up.
3.To land, Kill the rotor and use CTRL before touchdown.

You can gain some altitude and try backflips and frontflips as well.
20190323040739_1.jpg

Hawkeye AH-7 Gimli
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1691775112

Named after an old stubby friend that packs a hefty punch and a surprising agility despite his looks.
This one hovers at 72% throttle.
20190324045332_1.jpg

I got quite a few different heli's and more in my workshop page, so please go and gimme some likies! lol
https://steamcommunity.com/id/burger1113/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920

Last edited:

Mindlessmrawesome

Venture AH-Striker
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1677677215

The fastest Heli I've made. Tops out around 154mph if you go 100% throttle, pitch foward and CTRL.

Tips for use
Try to use throttle as little as possible, and instead,
1.Set THROTTLE to 35~40% (hovers at 40, but firing weapons can give extra lift, so less is okay in combat)
2.Tap CTRL whenever you are losing Altitude, or want to go up.
3.To land, Kill the rotor and use CTRL before touchdown.

You can gain some altitude and try backflips and frontflips as well. Tilting the heli around will make it lose altitude, so you can use that to go down, even if you keep 40% throttle.

View attachment 26437

I got quite a few different heli's and more in my workshop page, so please go and gimme some likies! lol
https://steamcommunity.com/id/burger1113/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920
I like that a lot! it looks so cool MMMMMMM delicious

Falchoin

The Crescent is back with an updated version incorporating linear motion engines for hands-free flying, landing gear, and of course more missiles.

Standard aircraft controls with Up/Down arrows controlling thrust.

Crescent.png

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Here are three techs I've built for campaign usage. First up, we have No Job Too Small:

No Job Too Small.png

No Job Too Small was designed for taking care of little tasks around a larger base. It can carry resources, gather up loose blocks, anchor itself and deliver warm, freshly-baked missiles directly to nearby enemies. It won't last long under fire, though. It should be charged up; after that, why not shoot the turrets or try one of the racetracks?

Next up, we have Firestarter:

Firestarter.png

Firestarter is a mortar-style tech built on a sloping chassis. It was designed for prospectors on a budget; just three Rapid cannons and three GSO missile launchers provide enough firepower to take care of larger enemies. At close range, it works best as a broadsider, or you can anchor it to fire straight ahead. It should be charged up. I'll say this again; either anchor it or use broadsides for close-range combat.

Finally, here's the Carrier of Hope:

Carrier of Hope.png

The Carrier of Hope is the result of a hundred hours in one campaign save. It can do everything, from harvesting and selling resources on the fly to collecting blocks to blowing up hordes of enemies. But not crafting, which would have been too much work. Anchor it near the charger for rapid, well, charging. Once that's taken care of, I think the turret lane could use a lesson in humility...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Space Battleship YAMATO / StarBlazers Argo
The Mighty Yamato and Fighters.jpg
ONLY use the save.
Unanchor to fly around.
(Feel free to spawn in other Techs.)

Space Battleship Yamato Controls [Hovercraft SBY]: Fly like normal hovership, but Up and Down keys control pitch, Q and E control roll, Left and right arrow keys control strafing.
SB Yamato Atmo.png
Snapshot Setup:
Press X, then switch to the two smaller Techs.
Slide them onto their respective HE Shotgun Turrets to attach them.
Set to the normal Hovercraft controls.
Tilting the Yamato with Q/E is HIGHLY suggested to broadside land enemies with the primary guns

The Space Battleship Yamato 2199 features:
+ Advanced Hoverbug engine "Scallywag Maglevitator"
+ Anti-Drift Technology AKA Yuki Wheel Vector Stabilizer [YWVS] Yay no Anti-Grav Engine energy consumption or drift!
+ 3-3 Rotating Battleship Turrets
+ 2-2 BF Laser Turrets
+ Gatling Broadsides/"Point Defence"
+ Repair bubbles for the repairs during/after the battle

This is actually decently bulky for a mostly art-build.
Repair bubbles but no shields like the original Yamato

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Press X, then switch to the two smaller Techs.
Slide them onto their respective HE Shotgun Turrets to attach them.
Looks amazing, but you know it's unlikely those instructions will be realised on stream, how about a pre-assembled save file (too)?

Edit: that is a flipping insane build, @Legionite! :eek::cool: Bravo. The details and polish atop all the multi-tech components. So much to look at there! (Albeit at 7fps.)

BTW, the main ship loads for me without it's custom control scheme (so just on "car"). A bug I've seen in general @kae.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Borg Sugar Cube" - assimilation never tasted so sweet.

A fast, deadly and resilient, pure Better Future enemy population tech.

Spawn one or two as enemies and then flee in terror!

Also, use it's all axis control system - e.g. up/down on "Lift " axis, "Strafe", etc.

ZG BorgSugarCube.png

It uses anti-grav, but still runs fine on empty, just a little closer to the ground. 'Hybrid vectored hover-bug' is the main drive system. The 24 Gatling Lasers put the total value just under ฿฿1M, so it's a bit of a boss. But it has no blind spots or weak points and will still kick your butt when it's half blown away.;)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Sorry to steal your Thunder @Legionite But your Battlecruiser, Impressive as the Yamato is, isnt gonna be the Big Dog this week.

Presenting the Hawkeye FelHound Tactical Destroyer. Commissioned by our own @Mindlessmrawesome for the Mindless Dominion Armada.
20190323195856_1.jpg
20190209032330_1.jpg

I will try to make the Showcase as simple as possible. First things first. The tower next to you is called the Capacitor Citadel. Move to control it. Press X. If the turret doesnt automatically anchor, control it and anchor it. The Capacitor Citadel is the ultimate defensive Outpost. capible of construction support, covering fire and immense power generation, and it's twin Ibiks Cannon turret can hold off all but the most powerful foes. (Yes ripped off from starcraft 2' Planetary Fortress).

Moving on to the real showcase. The FelHound first requires a flight systems check. On the Control spine behind the bridge, start at the top. Hover Control should be set to max. Turn on your Hovers. Now on the save file the Batteries should be fully charged. if not Charge up. Next turn on your Anrigrav. set your lift controls (Page up/Page down) to Negative 90.6-8 (Whatever your throttle settles on.) this is as close to dead hover as something this big gets. Standard aircraft controls otherwise. you can drive with Shift (No throttle) or Arrow up/down (Which is throttled) When stopped, use your Boosters not your thrust for precise positioning. Crank Page up to emergency rise, and shut off your Antigrav to plummet. so long as you keep neutral Ballast at -90.7 it will recover quickly. also you can controled fall by lowering your hover strength. At any point you may turn the sheilds and repair bubbles on, but that shouldnt be necessary for a demo. It has two primary functions in the fleet. First is orbital bombardment. with it's countless medium and heavy Mortars and sixteen Bomb racks, it more than excells at nulifying stationary ground targets. It's second role is a Battleship destroyer. It's Felhound Plasma Array and blade shaped reinforced bow allow it to cleave enemy warships in half with minimal effort and little collateral damage. I kept this as short as possible, though i know it's more than 140 characters. sorry. Due to the complexity and scale of this tech i do not expect a full showcase of it's abilities, SO i will give you guys some pictures of the Fellhound's Initial test flight where it cut the Cube 2 in half with no sheilds up and took no collateral damage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

ok, as promised, some photos.
Commensing Orbital Bombardment
20190323195227_1.jpg
In position. All Crew, Brace for Gravity.
20190323195410_1.jpg
FelHound Array, Full Burn. All Drives, Ramming speed!!!
20190323195546_1.jpg
The Cube 2 Melts to the Felhound Array.

Mindl3ss

And some more
Here's a good shot of the Solar array on the Fore Deck. You can also see the Fore Anti-aircraft Turrets and Broadside Cannons situaded mid-ship on the deck rails. also note the angled drive intakes beneath the bridge
20190323184345_1.jpg
On it's keel, the Felhound sports Dozens of Heavy Bombardment Mortars and a pair of Skid rails, which at max lift and max hover, the Felhound can Act as a landship, skidding about on it's slalom ski. it is still fairly maneuverable on the ground.
20190323193720_1.jpg
And here's a good shot of the Bow, the FelHound Plasma Array, The foreward Torepdoes and the Fore Drive Intakes.
20190323195806_1.jpg

Mindlessmrawesome

And some more
Here's a good shot of the Solar array on the Fore Deck. You can also see the Fore Anti-aircraft Turrets and Broadside Cannons situaded mid-ship on the deck rails. also note the angled drive intakes beneath the bridge
View attachment 26473
On it's keel, the Felhound sports Dozens of Heavy Bombardment Mortars and a pair of Skid rails, which at max lift and max hover, the Felhound can Act as a landship, skidding about on it's slalom ski. it is still fairly maneuverable on the ground.
View attachment 26474
And here's a good shot of the Bow, the FelHound Plasma Array, The foreward Torepdoes and the Fore Drive Intakes.
View attachment 26475
I hired the right person as our fleet admiral

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Scuba: Use your amazing VTOL powers and flyyyy.
Venture Cart: Look cool or something as you drive 'round, maybe complete a race or two.
AFD APA97 Phantom: Charge Before Usage. Fly above your enemies; nothing can hit you if you're high enough in the sky!

The AFD Phantom is totally not a spoiler/indication of what is to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

RevThePom

Big boi enthusiast
Looks like we're having a little bit of an airship show between us
Oh Boy my specialty!
Guess I'll toss a couple of my works I've kept on the back-burner for a few weeks now.

First up is the bigger boy,
The Volition Destroyer
20190324224733_1.jpg This airship was built almost entirely for form over function as well with mostly GSO blocks. It carries with it a huge array of GSO cannons for all your bombarding needs as well as several missile batteries for close-quarters encounters. It's interior is actually fairly empty, for easy future modification and rebalancing, but it's pretty combat capable in it's factory state.

20190324225622_1.jpg
Back view, with it firing

Controls
generic hovercraft controls. That basically it.
I recommend piloting with both hands on the keyboard though (but you don't have to)

Attachments

Last edited:

RevThePom

Big boi enthusiast
Next is my "smaller" build
The Aurelius Corvette
20190324225123_1.jpg
This is a much faster and much more agile airship optimized for close-range combat. Also heavily leans towards form rather than function. It has lots of machine-guns mounted on it, as well as multiple sets of missiles for both long and close range combat. It has a relatively high boosted top speed of 77 MPH.

20190324225655_1.jpg
Back view of it firing.

Controls
Also has Generic hovercraft controls.
I also recommend piloting this one with both hands on keyboard but it's also not necessary.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.