Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

If you'd like to have your tech showcased you can submit your techs by attaching snapshots, game saves or Steam Workshop links in this thread.

You'll be able to watch them in action on Wednesday 20th March from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than THREE Snapshots/Steam Workshops or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

MrTwister

Tornado Hovertank Mk3

ATHO Tornado MK3.png

WSAD - standard controls
QE - strafe
hold Shift - increase hover altitude/traverse high obstacles
hold Ctrl - boost+high hover

can pitch and roll too a little, depending on your bindings.
strafe+turn possible too

Showcase tech's speed, hoverjumping, acceleration, defeat all hostiles in R&D, including both Bricks and the group of splitting techs

A large, mostly Hawkeye-BetterFuture, hovertank with a loadout of rotating heavy turrets.
You wanted a tank? You wanted a hover-tank? Here it is, sign right below.
Has a complement of useful stuff, but most useful of all - it is quite jumpy and can traverse difficult terrain.

- Anchor
- Solar
- Bubble and hover controls
- Mobile generator + scrapper
- SCU
- GUNS, GUNS, GUNS!!! (c)

Can you fly, Bobby?

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
So normal Comcore? no special rules?

How about this. Actually run my comcore from last week. I appreciate the Spot for my Mecha, but you guys horribly bodged it. The text descriptions right in front of you answered all your questions for you. I hope those watching picked up on that and werent totally confused by what you saw. Shrike Venture IS a transformer. a true transformer. blocks dont shuffle around through hot swapping, they move. obviously this uses Modded Swivels and Pistons to do the work. it walks, it has independant arm controls. it has fully animated transformation sequences all using what we have available in modded play. and it's head, the showcase of the work is my very own custom made block. And The venture one is Shrike. THe Geocorp one is Cyclops, which isnt finished yet, hense why it had no legs/tracks, but i felt oblidged to give a teaser. it's head is also a custom block by myself. i sincerely wish i could do video so i could show how they work, but im not so good with it. perhapse i can convince one of the youtubers to do a showcase for me.

Anyways, if you want stuff on Shrike Venture and how he works, come visit me in the Modding Channel on Discord.
In the mean time. YOU GUYS FORGOT MY SUBMISSION... it was on your demo tech library, you just didnt do it. SO Maybe this week you do...

So once again...
All three of these are built off of the same chassis to illustrate the point of tech swapping kits around a single chassis for very different combat and noncombat roles. They all function in Aeroplane Control scheme. Use Ion Drives to thrust in car mode.

So first the Darker Futures 'Rat' Assault Trike. It's Plasma Flamers and Phaser Banks are aimed foreward to deal maximum damage on a charge, then cut and run. It is fast and maneuverable and it's Hover "ears" keep it from tipping when making tight turns. Boost to do a large backflip to get behind would be pursuers.
 DF Rat.png
Next we have the Darker Futures Mouse Hovercraft. It's Plasma Flamers have been aimed downward so it can hover above and roast enemies. It's Phaser banks have been mounted for Point defense. It is fast and Very Maneuverable. Boost for added speed. Can turn well at high speeds.
 BF Mouse.png
Finally, the Darker Futures Bat Scout Fighter. It's a fast and nimble light aircraft. it uses it's Phaser banks for dogfighting or strafing runs. In this mode, the Plasma Flamers have been mounted to add a Plasma wake as it flies (Boost Plus Fire while FLying for full effect.)
 DF Bat.png
And since you guys forgot these lat week, Dont mind if i enter another entry in a bit. ultimately your guys's decision to give me the extra slot, but i think it's only fair.

Mindlessmrawesome

The M.D. 125 Destharine V.G.F.

The 125 Destharine is a VTOL GAP fighter (V.G.F. is an acronym for acronyms), or a Vertical TakeOff/Landing Ground Assault Plane Fighter.
More commonly refereed to as a jumpjet, the Destharine takes off using downwards jets, then flies away like any ol' plane. It has airbrakes that allow it to come to a quick stop midair, and then it can also land Vertically using it's jets.
Takeoff: press control (or whatever you have assigned to your boosters) to gain altitude, once at desired height or fuel runs out, press shift (or whatever you have assigned to propellers) to fly away like a plane.
Landing: Align plane parallel to ground, release shift, and use control to throttle your fall.
Charge before use.

Mindlessmrawesome

So normal Comcore? no special rules?

How about this. Actually run my comcore from last week. I appreciate the Spot for my Mecha, but you guys horribly bodged it. The text descriptions right in front of you answered all your questions for you. I hope those watching picked up on that and werent totally confused by what you saw. Shrike Venture IS a transformer. a true transformer. blocks dont shuffle around through hot swapping, they move. obviously this uses Modded Swivels and Pistons to do the work. it walks, it has independant arm controls. it has fully animated transformation sequences all using what we have available in modded play. and it's head, the showcase of the work is my very own custom made block. And The venture one is Shrike. THe Geocorp one is Cyclops, which isnt finished yet, hense why it had no legs/tracks, but i felt oblidged to give a teaser. it's head is also a custom block by myself. i sincerely wish i could do video so i could show how they work, but im not so good with it. perhapse i can convince one of the youtubers to do a showcase for me.

Anyways, if you want stuff on Shrike Venture and how he works, come visit me in the Modding Channel on Discord.
In the mean time. YOU GUYS FORGOT MY SUBMISSION... it was on your demo tech library, you just didnt do it. SO Maybe this week you do...

So once again...
All three of these are built off of the same chassis to illustrate the point of tech swapping kits around a single chassis for very different combat and noncombat roles. They all function in Aeroplane Control scheme. Use Ion Drives to thrust in car mode.

So first the Darker Futures 'Rat' Assault Trike. It's Plasma Flamers and Phaser Banks are aimed foreward to deal maximum damage on a charge, then cut and run. It is fast and maneuverable and it's Hover "ears" keep it from tipping when making tight turns. Boost to do a large backflip to get behind would be pursuers.
View attachment 26341
Next we have the Darker Futures Mouse Hovercraft. It's Plasma Flamers have been aimed downward so it can hover above and roast enemies. It's Phaser banks have been mounted for Point defense. It is fast and Very Maneuverable. Boost for added speed. Can turn well at high speeds.
View attachment 26342
Finally, the Darker Futures Bat Scout Fighter. It's a fast and nimble light aircraft. it uses it's Phaser banks for dogfighting or strafing runs. In this mode, the Plasma Flamers have been mounted to add a Plasma wake as it flies (Boost Plus Fire while FLying for full effect.)
View attachment 26343
And since you guys forgot these lat week, Dont mind if i enter another entry in a bit. ultimately your guys's decision to give me the extra slot, but i think it's only fair.
Mindl3ss, I think the reason they didn't read the text is because you made a wall of text so large you could have stopped the mongols with it. They don't exactly have unlimited stream time...
uh, maybe keep it smaller? keep the red text to only 1 paragraph would probably increase the chances of them reading it. As it is they already spent 5 minutes trying to figure your stuff out...

Mindlessmrawesome

Best. Joke. Ever.
hehe ikr

It actually got me banned from captain jack's discord server because apparently the word "mongol" can be used as a slur against people with downsyndrome... even though it was in clear reference to the great wall of china built to protect against the mongol empire. (I'm still salty about that)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
my only point was a tad bit of pre-reading before the stream and it wouldnt have been an issue. Not really worried about it, they gave me the photo publicity i wanted. just wish they showed my actual comcore submission. they put it i the tech loader for the stream. you know the three Darker Futures ones. But Posted for this week, so all is well.

Also, yes. funny. but i dont think it was that big of a wall of text... especially since this is me we're talking about. Im pretty sure iv maxed out a couple of post windows before.

burger1113

(R&D Savefile below)
Been holding on to these guys for quite a while so I could get them working nicely before I publish them, but I guess with ZG's video on VTOLs out, it's about time. There are a few other renditions of them on my workshop, so please do check the link below and give me a likey as well! lol
https://steamcommunity.com/id/burger1113/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920

**You can skip the last 2 on the right cuz the big one's been on ComCor already(Just there for visual effect) and I'm attaching a video of the fourth one in case you want to play it.
Tips For Use

Uses basic heli scheme. Moving the throttle to manage altitude can be tricky for newcomers to heli's, SO...
1. For the first tech on the left, set Throttle to 51% ish.
2. Tap CTRL to manage Altitude.
3. 2nd and 3rd tech uses 40 and 64% throttle as neutral.

You can HALF the throttle to land or descend.

(Video for the fourth one)

Attachments

Last edited:

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Inspired by SpiltMilk Studio's visitation last ComCore, I made a milk themed tech, (Not a snapshot.)
1552753058102.png
Instructions: Lift to set throttle, boost to rotate, x to remove the top.
Fly upwards, remove the top, rotate around
and tumble towards the ground to spill all the milk! It's sour milk so no big loss.

Attachments

RevThePom

Big boi enthusiast
The Orion XI Super-heavy Battletank
A massive tank made to dish out damage, but more importantly, take it. The successor to my first attempt at a turreted tank, the Orion XI comes with a fully functional tank turret, capable of a full 360 degrees of rotation and a generous 50 degrees of vertical adjustments. The barrel has very little sway when properly charged, and little recoil when fired. Also comes equipped with an automated, defensive missile battery to help take care of swifter or airborne foes.

20190316225055_1.jpg

Instructions:
Charge at least up to 2.5 bars of energy before pressing X
Press X to deploy turrets
Turret comes with own controls scheme:
D/A: Turn Barrel
W/S: Lower/Raise Barrel

Tank uses generic Car Controls

Attachments

Last edited:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
It's been a while, but I got a couple of techs that you may have some fun with!

It's a battle tech that was mostly built in the campaign and then touche up a bit in the R&D. It used to have only a SCU trailer, but after a bit of an upgrade it doesn't really need it anymore, but just in case I sent it too.
With this tech you can do everything from harvest, refine, burn fuel for charging and also clean up the battle field in a fraction of the time it would normally take.
Charge if battling, but make sure to hit X to make the SCU functional. As an extra option you can then deploy the Inventowy tech and attach it to the back of the main battle tech.

From there you are ready to clean up any mess you could possibly make. ;)

Main battle tech
Out N About 103B RX1.png

Trailer tech
Inventowy RX1.png

And in the off chance you find it a bit laggy here is a short video of it in action!

This was the funnest clean up I have ever done! ;) Have a good one [8D)

Status
Not open for further replies.