Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

This week we want to see your best Transformer Techs! What is a Transformer Tech? THIS is a Transformer Tech:

The rules are simple:
  1. Submit multiple techs MAX 3!
  2. All techs HAVE to use the exact same blocks.
For a more in-depth explanation see last week's Comm Core here.

Submit your techs by attaching snapshots game saves in this thread.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 6th March from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here you go: a flying robot made from the blocks of my "BF BikeLeanIn" (as shown in the official BF trailer). [Steam Workshop]

ZG BF BikeBot.png

Robot flight controls:
[Shift] to lift off with thrusters.
[W] to lean forwards into horizontal flight.
[ S ] lean back.
[Q]+[E] to turn in horizontal flight.
[A]+[D] to turn while hovering.
Pulse [Shift] while upright to hover.

ZG BF BikeLeanIn1.png

I'll make a video demo in a bit... Edit: here you go (including some slomo transformations):

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
THIS is a Transformer Tech:
Hasbro's coming for you with that SFX. ;-)

Also, you can check the snapshot's Block Buck value (on the loading menu) to double check you've not missed any blocks.

And I'm kinda keen to see more practical transformations, personally. (I'm hoping they won't all be the obvious vehicle -> robot, like what I've done.)

burger1113

Utility Pole Prime S.png Utility Pole Prime M.png Utility Pole Prime Version S and M(for Stationary and Mobile)
Oh my god this took so much work I HATE whoever came up with this idea lol
I've had this Charger/Fabricator base thing for a little while now and thought I'd turn it into a mobile tech.
I did want to make something tiny instead but couldn't think of anything else...

Notes for use
Please charge before use. In stationary version, the filter coming out of the big silo can allow fuel chunks out to the generator.

Additional notes
Meant to be what the name says, it can
1. Generate with both furnace and geothermal,
2. Store and Refine Chunks, Compress, and SCU
3. Charge ally techs
4. Protect the perimeter
Moving around was obviously not planned, so I had to swap out the armor for those tank tracks, and a few other things. Literally pulled off each and every block and put them in separate piles to sort... I NEVER want to do this again lol

Last edited:

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
For my entry, I've done three techs which move in different ways with the exact same motley assemblage of blocks. First up is Aeroplight, a fast and agile plane:

TF Aeroplight.png

It uses aeroplane controls. It tends to nose down a little, but not so much that it'd crash. Front-mounted wheels are provided to absorb the impact in case it does crash.

Next up, we have the Carapace Drone:

TF Carapace Drone.png

The Carapace Drone has a lot of propellors hidden inside its fuselage, allowing it to hover and climb into the air. It uses the helicopter control scheme. It may be a little ungainly; in fact, it's probably faster and more agile on land.

Finally, the swift and stylish Dragstar:

TF Dragstar.png

Boasting great straight-line speed and a deceptively small turning circle, the Dragstar is pretty good, all things considered. It may flip over when catching some air, but shouldn't have too much trouble on flat ground.

MrTwister

Here you go: a flying robot made from the blocks of my "BF BikeLeanIn" (as shown in the official BF trailer). [Steam Workshop]

View attachment 26217

Robot flight controls:
[ S ] lean back.

View attachment 26215

I'll make a video demo in a bit... Edit: here you go (including some slomo transformations):
Can the robot drive the bike as a driver? :)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Oh, @Matt I beg to differ. These are not transformers. Not by a longshot. Now i know this cant go into the game. And i know you cant even show it. But at least i can post some screenshots, and Someone has to show you what a TT transformer really is.

And Now, Mindl3ss Modding Presents: Shrike Venture, The second TRUE transformer ever made in Terratech. (I also have the first and third, but everyone has already seen Bantam, and Cyclops isnt finished yet)

First, Monster Truck Mode
20190227183422_1.jpg
Second, Ultra-lite Glider Mode
20190227183714_1.jpg
And FInally, Shrike Venture in Robot Mode
20190227183146_1.jpg

Shrike Venture Shows off the New Mindl3ss Modding Venture Shrike Head Cab, And is Armed with a pair of Spinning Death Blades, Dual Plasma Flamers, Dual Scatter Flamers, and a pair of Avalanche Launchers in his chest. Shrike can also Fly with the assistance of his massive extendable wingspan and a series of Jump Jets in his wings and chest. In Ground vehicle Mode, He transforms into an All terrain Monster truck, capible of climbing steep cliffs and smashing through stands of trees It packs a spinning brush cutter and the Dual Flamer/Scatter Flamer armament from within it's front fenders. Another Shift and Shrike becomes an Ultra-Lite turbine powered glider, witha massive wingspan Though it retains the flamers and blades, in this mode the Avalanche Missiles become the primary weapon. Though not exceptionally fast, Shrike is extreamly maneuverable in all 3 modes. At night, his Visor and Bladed Fin Glow brightly, towering above trees and enemies alike.

I'll skip the controls, because it's half a page worth, most of my keyboard... BUT, @Matt, you asked for transformers. Be careful what you wish for. Venture Shrike Has Heeded your Summons. Now I know, it's just riddled with Mods, WHich immediately DQ's it. But hey, maybe mention it when you do the Comcore. Folks can see the Screenshots here. and im gonna be gratuitous there, as i have zero chance of screen time for him.

Also it's actually a Transformer. what you asked for are... Partsformers? (Yes that's an actual thing) kind of. I might make one, but. This. This is what you asked for.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Submit multiple techs MAX 3!
I'd initial read over this as meaning 3 transformer entries per person, like the regular 3 snapshot limit. I'm not so sure now, but I'm going to drop another one in here as a concept demo for techs that only change a little bit between snapshots:

"DeLorean DR-7 VTOL" - in Vertical and Horizontal flight states.

Tech (hot)swapping presents the opportunity to make the kind of reconfigurations only previously possible with the most innovative of multi-techs, such as allowing planes to change their flight configuration mid-air! :cool:

Because of this, I'm suggesting that totally unchanged segments of a tech should not animate when swapping.

ZG DR_7 VTOL Vert.png

ZG DR_7 VTOL Horiz.png

Based on this real life VTOL (concept):
dr-7-vtol-aircraft-by-delorean-aerospace1.jpg

MrTwister

View attachment 26217

Robot flight controls:
[ S ] lean back.

View attachment 26215

Now all you need is shoot this style of video about this. Unfortunately, this one is about a car )

Mindl3ss

okay. I may have been quick to judge. after seeing Grav's VTOL, i understand the potential of this. The example Matt gave didnt quite illustrate how game changing 'Hot Swapping' can be. and i agree with him. can it be made so that blocks that share the same position in both modes do not detach and re-attach, just the ones that are being Hot Swapped? also can individual blocks be sent back to inventory and new blocks pulled out of inventory in a Hot Swapping method. So my vehicle chassis remains, but i Hot swap between a rover and an ultralite and a Hover sled by swapping out only the blocks that both designs do not share the position of. this way you could truely manufacture you own unique brands of vehicles. standardised body shapes that can be altered as you go.

Being able to Hot swap between a potential codex of configurations for a single vehicle chassis would both reduce the need for mobile cities and make both nomadic and base oriented campaign plans far more dynamic.

a further though on that idea. Can you improve how we store our tech designs. i know i do a lot of builds, and my tech folder is... busy to say the least. Maybe some support for subfolders so we can store techs by chassis design and variations of said chassis.

Mindl3ss

Sure i will. BUT FIRST!
My Com Core Submission.
SO. to illustrate the point. heres the base vehicle. i did make a couple changes to this as i built, but it close enough to not warrent taking a new picture. this does not change from mode to mode (Hover pads do). THIS IS NOT MY COMCORE SUBMISSION
BF HoverBed.png
now, using this same base chassis, that does not change from mode to mode, i have my com core subissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.