Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the Community Core stream!

Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 6th February from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

Techs will not be added to the game until we feel the population needs refreshing!

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
For this Community Core, I've made some Better Future stuff and put it in a creative save. The main feature is a sleek-looking mobile base, Mirai no Hikari:

Mirai no Hikari means "light of the future", or at least that's what the engineers told me while they were bathing in the best mermaids' tears money could buy. The mobile base was made by a group determined to start exploring as soon as possible despite the fact that Better Future's technology was still very much in development. It can handle rough terrain very well for its size, anchor on most flat places (as long as the anchors haven't been ground to dust going over hills) and defend itself with plenty of Avalanche launchers. It boasts eight side-mounted solar panels and charging facilities suited to a small group of techs. It can hold a small number of resources and automatically sell the excess.

When you open the save, you'll find yourself on the salt flats with some powerful turrets and two techs:

The one on the left is known as Harvester Rake, and could well be the galaxy's first hovering harvester that actually works. It can melt trees and rocks with impunity and carry a handful of resources. By using the hover power controller, the Harvester Rake can be positioned at just the right height to mine any resource. It won't be much use in a scrap, though.

The other tech, Directional Laser Ze, was designed for battle. All you need to do to win most encounters is keep it pointed at the enemy for a short while. Why the "ze"? Well, Directional Laser Z was already taken by a long-range Hawkeye tank, and Hawkeye can be rather... intense when it comes to protecting their intellectual property.

To have as much fun as possible, I suggest you try harvesting stuff and bringing it to the mobile base, then enable enemies, blow a few up, unanchor the base and take it for a spin, or lure an enemy towards the turrets and let them tear it apart.

Attachments

Last edited:

burger1113

An R&D SAVE FILE a few of my venture themed techs.
Pic 1 below is lighter and tidier aesthetically(IMO), but lower top speed at 104mph with propellers, and 184 by adding jets in.
Pic 2 is a version with MANY thrusters to take it from 107 to 208mph. Both fly nicely though
Somehow, these drive really well on land as well. Tab and Ctrl is set to acceleration, so press Ctrl right before landing to stop quickly. While driving forward with Tab, use Q and E to steer. You can even add in A and D to roll into turns or do wheelies LOL
There is also a tiny Early to mid campaign plane packed with functionality. Really stable flight.

Tips for use
Propeller - Capslock
Jets - Shift
Tab & Ctrl for Lift
Pinky on caps and bend down to add in the jets.
Tab & Ctrl for driving/breaking

Workshop Links
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641983881 - tidy ver.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641981089 - quick ver
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1642966519 - Ghoardy

20190202075549_1.jpg
20190202075444_1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

RevThePom

Big boi enthusiast
The Groza MkII: A recreation of my favorite fighter ship from one of my favorite mobile games (Galaxy on Fire 2). Fitted as a heavy bomber craft and relies on a couple BF anti-gravity engines for flight. Has approximately 10 minutes of flight time on a full charge.
Charge before use
W/S: Pitch
Q/E: Yaw
A/D: Roll
Shift: Propellers

Attachments

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
I know you guys prolly arent taking aircraft for the population yet, but hey, it's what I got kicking around. Both are fliers, both fly with standard Aeroplane controls, but the Event Horizon uses Throttling. Also I know you said one, but these two go together. Battlecruiser and it's fighter Compliment. If you only want to show one, the Needle Interceptor is SO much fun to fly, so prolly that one. it just seemed wrong to post one without the other. Also the Event Horizon is fully sheilded, but you're not gonna want to wait the ten minutes it takes to charge up to show that. So. First up is the Mindl3ss SkunkworX Event Horizon BattleCruiser Mk III, the Backbone of the Mindl3ss Armada and the Dominion Defense Fleet. Armed to the teeth and heavily sheilded, perhaps it's only weakness is that it is fairly fragile under all those sheilds. Equipped with many Missile batteries, a rear hangar deck and an expanded bridge from it's predicessors. All of the Event Horizons are equiped with a Dual Mass driver on each wingtip and a bow mounted Massive Mass driver dubbed the 'HyperVelocity Gun' takes up nearly half of the ship's fore section, and even one Battlecruiser is capible of devestating orbital bombardments. Event Horizon III's are top of the line, Cutting edge technology puts them more than a step ahead of the slower, less heavily armed Mk II's and are a far cry from the Origonal Better Futures Event Horizon Cruise Liners they were Refitted from. Each carries a 3 full wings of 12 Needle Interceptors.
BF Event Horizon Mk2.png
Second, the Fighters the Event Horizon III's Carry, The Needle Interceptor.
Needle Interceptor.png
The Needle Starfighter began it's production run as an Atmospheric craft over a century ago. It was soon converted to full space duty as the craft proved it's capibility. Armed with a cluster of Dogfighting Lasers and a quad Avalanche Launcher, The Needle is more than scary to any craft that dares to engage it. It is fast and maneuverable and it's SLAM drives make it nearly impossible to outrun over short distances in atmosphere or in space. Like it's Carrier, the Needle is well sheilded, but quite fragile if those sheilds are depleted. WHen the SkunkworX aquired it's massive BF contracts, the Needle received a much needed update, and Aceba One's COntrol Blocks were put to use extensively to produce it's successor, the Variable Geometry Interceptor. Even though Many new ships have been produced, the stock Needle Interceptor is still the Mainstay fighter in the Mindl3ss Armada. After a century long production run under the Better Futures flag, then later under the Mindl3ss SkunkworX brand and now as a Dominion produced vessel, the Needle is one of the most common starfighters in the galaxy and even old ones are highly sought after. Like it's carrier, the Needle comes with a hefty price tag for a ship of it's size, and many serve as personal luxury transports for dignitaries and ambassadors. Better Futures has ceased it's century long production run of the Needle, lending creedance to the rumor that The contract and rights now belong entirely to Mindl3ss himself now, and is being exclusively manufactured by the Mindless Dominion for both Military and Civillian Markets.

Sadly, with advent of the Mothership Class Super-Carriers, the Event Horizon III's days as the biggest gun in the sky are drawing to a close, and with it the old Needle. Rumors of a new Starfighter to replace the century old design are drifting around the Dominion Infonet, though as usual, the SkunkworX is remaining tight lipped about the project.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Also, Hey Payload, can you run a Modded community core sometime? i know they wont go into the pop, but we've been cookin up some interesting stuff that folks might wanna see showcased.

burger1113

Are creations which require keys to be rebound accepted? I have techs I'd like to showcase but they require a Shift/Ctrl control pair.
Oh yeah, mine needs 4 keys moved around lol doesn't it go with the save file though? which in case I'm covered.

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
TFV 12 Dragonfly:
TFV 12 Dragonfly.png
Can use shield and repair bubbles, if you don't want to charge it at least keep the distance from the enemy, features partial AI autonomy which can be turned off, an advanced stabilization system and improved manoeuvrability over previous designs.

Last edited:

Falchoin

Since it looks like we probably won't get the next unstable update before the Comm Core enjoy this base dropping hovercraft built as a challenge from stickman_king_28 to build a tech which can release a small conveyor base.

Base Drop: Need to drop the base? Press X! Controls swap to the base for easy anchoring while the hovercraft goes on the defensive. Base comes fully bubbled and comes with power generation/distribution capabilities. For use: WASD + Q/E, Page Up/Page Down for altitude control, Shift for boosters, X to drop the base.

Base Drop.png

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Would love to see someone submit a good old tech that can annihilate everything in it's path, 'tis been a while since someone submitted one of those to comcore.
Oh my big plane does EXACTLY that! it has i belive 24 big boy bombs

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Would love to see someone submit a good old tech that can annihilate everything in it's path, 'tis been a while since someone submitted one of those to comcore.
ah is workun on dis for butter futer, for a heavy transporter wht cun(if attacked) totally anniallate any attacker

Status
Not open for further replies.