Archived Community Core Submit

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Matt, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the Community Core stream!

Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 28th November from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&D or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

Techs will not be added to the game until we feel the population needs refreshing!

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

2. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

If you don't know how to play checkers... well... too bad.

STARTING & MOVING: BLACK GOES FIRST. CHECKERS MAY ONLY MOVE DIAGONAL ONE SQUARE. YOU ARE PLAYING ON WHITE SQUARES ONLY! USE WASD TO MANEUVER CHECKERS TO THE SQUARES!

TAKING CHECKERS: YOU "JUMP" OVER ENEMY CHECKERS! YOU CAN STRING JUMPS TOGETHER IN ONE TURN! TO "JUMP," MOVE 2 SQUARES DIAGONAL TOWARDS A CHECKER THAT IS 1 SQUARE AWAY FROM YOU! THEN DRIVE THE TAKEN CHECKER INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE "OUT BOXES."

KINGING: ONCE YOU REACH THE END OF THE BOARD(ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE) YOUR PIECE WILL BECOME A KING! KINGS CAN MOVE BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS(STILL ONLY DIAGONALLY BY ONE), AND CAN HAVE TWO LIVES. DEPENDS ON YOU. KINGS HAVE AN EXTRA BLOCK ON THEIR HEAD!

HAVE FUN!!!

Attached Files:

#2 NotExactlyHero, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Sorry, I just play 4D chess. Although, in serious, I've actually seen an actual game of 4D chess, and it was amazing.

4. NotExactlyHero

You can configure it to chess, you just need some more pieces.

5. Blacknight2u

Blacknight2u New Member

6. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

SKYBIKE MKIII
    Skybike MKIII.png

INSTRUCTIONS:
    HOLD SHIFT TO GO UP, DASW TO MOVE. HOLD SHIFT WHILE TURNING TO NOT CRASH AND DIE.

A nippy little airship which is fun to fly around. It flies stable at 144mph and can do sick turns.

ZeroGravitas, Matt, Galrex and 5 others like this.
  7. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Both are available in Campaign/R&D mode.

My tiny GC all-in-one
    [​IMG]
    -You may need to "use" a little weapons for move easier outside R&D because the GC "drill" is on the bottom position by defaut so it can touch some floor on non-flat area and prevent move like you want.
    -You may stop go forward/backyard for easy rotate.

My GC bike
    [​IMG]
    If you turn too tight , sides may touch the floor.

(i've some other little thing in my workshop if you are curious , including techs above
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069082219/myworkshopfiles/?appid=285920)

Attached Files:

#7 DrShadox, Nov 25, 2018
    ZeroGravitas, Exund, Matt and 6 others like this.
  8. Nuke_Pulse

Nuke_Pulse Member

No sliders but complex enough so that I wouldn't feel insulted. Fill up with resources (from the front) and move around. Mechanism counters drifting and spinning of the tech. [SHIFT] to boost downwards for anchoring and charging. Also features landing gears to keep the kids happy.

Attached Files:

#8 Nuke_Pulse, Nov 25, 2018
  9. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

For this community core, I have made a creative save, which must be opened in creative mode because it's a creative save. It contains four techs built for aesthetics that I am quite proud of, including one massive base with repair bays and charging facilities.

[​IMG]

The base, "Amazing Base", is a base. The harvester, "Heavy Load", has a dismal turning circle but looks nice. The fighter, "Rottweiler", is agile and powerful. The scout hovercraft, "Striker", may actually be better at fighting than Rottweiler, but it is hard to control.

[​IMG]

The base is surrounded by a well-shielded wall topped with missile launchers and Rapid cannons. Nothing much can get through that isn't wanted. The front gate is wide and tall enough to accommodate all the techs provided, as well as being rather nice-looking.

The repair bay is in the middle-rear of the base, accessible via a ramp. A small unanchored ramp has been constructed in front of it for ease of access. Rottweiler is being charged on it in the picture, but will be out in front of the base when you load the save.

To the left of the repair bay is the control tower, where the base's AI modules and cabs are situated, and the power station, which is really just a fancy battery- and solar-panel-holder.

In front of them are eight Lotsa silos, which accept resources from a collection area outside the left wall, and can sell or drop gathered resources on command. A computer terminal with built-in pacemaker stands in front of the storage area, inconveniently close to the front wall, and can only be accessed with the small tech provided. The small tech is just there for utility, so feel free to ignore it.

To the right of the repair bay is Striker's garage. The hovercraft just about fits inside and probably won't drift off, as you can see:

[​IMG]

Some things you might want to try include:

• Harvest some trees and minerals with Heavy Load, then bring them to the resource-receivers outside the base.
    • Put Striker inside the base so it doesn't drift away and get lost forever.
    • Enable enemies and go to town on them with Rottweiler. If something terrifying spawns in, feel free to cheese it back to the base and let the turrets take care of it.
    • Take Striker for a spin and see how long you can last without crashing into a mineral deposit. Yell exuberantly throughout this process if desired.
    • If there is enough time, try driving Heavy Load and Rottweiler onto the elevated repair bay (not at the same time, obviously), and try to squeeze Striker into its little garage beside the repair bay.

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas, BenBacon, Matt and 4 others like this.
  10. Falchoin

Falchoin Well-Known Member

Flash: a Better Future/Venture racer on skis

Load into Creative Mode, have fun driving around

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#10 Falchoin, Nov 27, 2018
  11. Saelem Black

Saelem Black Well-Known Member

I have never done one of these before, but I'll put in a couple of my favorite techs from my armory. I present for your consideration, Chariot (left) and the Rhinoceros (right). They're both hoverglich helicopters that I spent a great deal of time perfecting handling. Chariot and Rhino.jpg
    Use in patch stable 1.0.1. Standard hoverglich heli controls.

The Chariot is an attack helicopter with 4x monster mortars. Hover at 300-500 ft directly over your target for best results.

The Rhinoceros is a cargo helicopter for transporting chunks from auto-miner piles. Has good defense, but is not a combat tech.

Attached Files:

#11 Saelem Black, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  12. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

"BF Proble 1" - fly in Creative Mode, close to the ground to appreciate 225mph speed.

Fight mini-manual:
    • [Shift] to launch like rocket.
    • [W] to nose down for horizontal flight.
    • Turn left/right while horizontal to maintain orientation.
    • When tech gets tilted off-axis: turn until it's on axis, pitch flat and turn back.
    ZG BF Probe 1.png

It's just a minimal tech for getting where you want to quick. It's not an original idea - ReaperX1 has shown off something with the same steering schema before (if not others, too). And it's totally arbitrary to use BF Ion thrusters, since the Venture Zero Propellers go the same speed and even make the same noise, currently.

Any difficulties with this can be blamed on @AstraTheDragon for telling me to post this instead of the flying all-crafter.;)

[Ninja edit of snapshot - replaced double ion drives with single larger ones instead, same performance.]

#12 ZeroGravitas, Nov 28, 2018
  13. NotExactlyHero

But they're smaller...

Aardvark123 likes this.
  14. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

This is my Better Pursuit reimagined: Better Pursuit V2
    Now equipped with heavy armaments and legs.
    Better Pursuit V2.png
    1. Load the tech in Creative pls :)
    2. Enable enemy spawning in the Options
    3. Now go hunt for some preys :D

20181128215825_1.jpg

#14 Galrex, Nov 28, 2018
  15. ZeroGravitas

Sorry I've only just looked at these - it's probably too late, but it looks like neither of your attached png files are valid snapshots... Were they edited or uploaded somewhere?

#15 ZeroGravitas, Nov 28, 2018
  16. ZeroGravitas

Not sure of their absolute thrust, each... But for this use they're all roughly equivalent, as the tech is pretty much all engine and all three have have the same power the weight ratios, currently (big and small ion drives).

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  17. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

@Matt i've check replay , yeah i've use some quote because i wasn't sure about the english term haha , mostly about the ""drill"" ; About the ""use"" of weapon it was more for said use for move it than for the primary use (so use it for attack ^^) , but it was ""fun"" xD

thx for testing my little builds ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.