Community Core Submit

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Matt, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the Community Core stream!

Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 14th November from 4pm GMT on Twitch:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :) If submitting a GAME SAVE please specify if it's R&C or Creative in your submission.

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

Techs will not be added to the game until we feel the population needs refreshing!

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

AstraTheDragon and Galrex like this.
  2. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    press x to deploy. Shift for SUPR SPED. press space for anti-tree defense. to use elevator: turn into elevator and press shift. if it gets stuck, spam press shift or press B. once at top, move the GC long brackets onto the open APs of the GC tri-bumpers to lock it in place. can only fit planes ~12 blocks wide into hangar. Anchor to charge/reduce lag.

This carrier serves multiple purposes: a mobile charging station where you can land your planes for a recharge/repair, a way to carry multiple planes around to do missions, and a protected space for planes when you're not using them. The aircraft carrier has 4 autonomous missile turrets on it that will automatically shoot your enemies without you having to press space. It has a spinning radar dish on top of the bridge. It's almost fully shielded (still working on it). If you feel like Tom Cruise from Top Gun, you can fly by the bridge and get an energy boost from the wireless chargers within it.
    The helicopter pad can land any helicopter that will fit, but the 4 other spaces on the top deck are specifically designed for planes that I have made so you won't really be able to fit anything in them. However the hangar will house as many 12-wide planes you can fit in it- I managed to neatly fit 8 ACI's in there.
    It's got a pretty potent anti-tree defense at the front that is activated by pressing space. The carrier can surprisingly go over almost all terrain, even very deep crevices that challenge most techs. It is also quite fast; 44 on average and ~90 when boosting. It's got a fuel engine at the back that'll pick up any loose chunks it finds. It'll spit out any non fuel items and turn the rest into electricity. It's batteries are separated by anti-explosion walls so that they won't combust all the way down the carrier once they detonate.
    Uh, what else... oh yeah, it's got a little deck tech for maneuvering around and zooming inside the hangar. It deploys right in front of the bridge. I would advise against anyone who doesn't have a moderate graphics card to use the carrier for... reasons. I have an overclocked GeForce 1050 Ti, which is what I am calling moderate for those of you who are wondering.
    The Aircraft Carrier will be on the workshop once I finish it and the workshop uploading bug is fixed (soon pls).

3. GK vec

GK vec Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

#3 GK vec, Nov 11, 2018 at 12:04 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 10:19 AM
  4. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

ok this is ridiculous i can't put pics anywhere i can't add a image via a site link (cubeupload)
    plz fix the forums
    plz

anyways

when i said cake i didn't mean any old cake
    but dis one
    the techs on the cake are actually functional
    i was also waiting until birthday banner appeared.
    (it's technically a structure for bday)

Attached Files:

5. peterb39

peterb39 Well-Known Member

Introducing Light Runner:
    A futuristic car from Better Future, with a hover variant!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This image thing should be fixed
    https://imgur.com/a/9xWMeMu
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#5 peterb39, Nov 12, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 6:15 PM
  6. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

That was quick.

7. xXThunderFlameXx

xXThunderFlameXx Aircraft Enthusiast

Hydrapod:
    This vicious little craft is not easy to control but surely is fun, shift to go up and away, and S and W to go up and down, A and D for turning.

Attached Files:

Aardvark123 and NotExactlyHero like this.
  8. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

The Future: Perhaps you should fly around...
    Aug Storm: Kill stuff?
    (Save): Change AI to Guard mode (this one may take a while to "finish its task."

Attached Files:

Aardvark123 likes this.
  9. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I suppose it goes without saying but let's see some Better Future techs too!

#9 Matt, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM
  10. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

"BF BikeMeansIn1" - Like my Venture bike from the other week, but pure BF.

Drive S-curves.
    Boost to 136mph.
    [​IMG]

"BF SpaceFighter" - not sure what exactly this looks like, but I think Star Wars Episode I, maybe...

Let it lean back then [W]+[Shift] to take off.
    Anchor when landed.
    [​IMG]

"BF Substrate Avenger" - My TerraTech take on an Ashes of the Singularity unit. Looks fairly cool but is horrible to drive, sliding around slowly with no ions/fans and the Hover Circles dipping at tipping all over the place.

Try to shoot something (be propelled backwards by the Auto-Canons).
    [​IMG]

[Edit: added 3rd tech.] Making more, maybe...

Attached Files:

#10 ZeroGravitas, Nov 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 4:55 PM
  11. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

I got slightly confused over the past week about which vehicle-buildy-fight-game with a spaghetti western soundtrack I wanted to play, so to cut a long story short, I've ended up building four vehicles inspired by a multiplayer game called Crossout. They're in the R&D save attached below.

The vehicles have small numbers of heavy weapons and little in the way of shielding and repair bubbles, because Crossout's building system lends itself to a different design philosophy. Bombardier has a shield which must be charged up and Hover Heaven is anchored to keep it from drifting away, so press X to release it. Feel free to fight the turrets and stuff, although the turrets will win, because TerraTech is better than Crossout.

Attached Files:

Matt and Galrex like this.
  12. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

wait why are people summiting moar than one tech?

ZeroGravitas and Galrex like this.
  13. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Because the devs never seem to mind multiple snapshots in practice. I may edit the post to put them into a save (if it's an issue). Kinda seems like a technicality though... What'd you think? :)

Galrex likes this.