Archived Community Core Submit

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Matt, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the Community Core stream!

Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 24th October from 4pm BST here:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :)

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

Techs will not be added to the game until we feel the population needs refreshing!

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

2. xXThunderFlameXx

xXThunderFlameXx Aircraft Enthusiast

X-Wing Reloaded:
    X Wing Reloaded.png
    This one is for show, you can fly and use the weapons, recommended to press X shortly after take off for effect, but it's not necessary.

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

"Bliterator 2" - tricopter VTOL demonstrating proper, highly responsive helicopter controls with no hover-bug.

Keep [Shift] held - lean and turn to descend.
    Make quick 180 turns (pulling back).
    Skim the ground, be daring.

Have fun, good luck.

ZG Bliterator2d.png

The control system, using two limbs of hover steers, is based on that used by @Rockfarmer. A 'fulcrum' design, that looks weird, but works really well with TT's controls. This tech evolved from my previous recreation of @Chrii_the_Vieh's entry into this VTOL competition. They have a little extra forward force from a propeller, which makes them more fun to fly around.

Last year I made a whole collection of "VTOLs that fly well", here on Steam, to show of the possibilities, given that many were considering it impossible.

The old version of this was broken by the Zero Propeller buff, so this will be replacing it. I'm hoping to put it (and other VTOLs like it) in my next video. (But the current one's taking sooo long...)

4. Falchoin

Falchoin Well-Known Member

Guardian: A relatively tanky AI drone equipped to generate power and distribute it to allied techs. Set to defensive and have it follow or take direct control.
    Guardian.png

Minnow: A non-standard airship with near neutral buoyancy. Shift to go up and forward. W to angle down, S to angle up. A and D for turning as normal.
    Minnow SE.png

Cricket: A mainly Hawkeye jump assault tech. It has vertically aligned thrusters to allow for limited flight. Drive as normal. Press shift to go over obstacles. Allows for limited flight controls in the air.

Herald: The Herald is a non-hoverbug helicopter using the experimental hoversteering and gyros. Shift to fly, WASD to move.

Attached Files:

5. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

Scrappy Joe.png
    The only unsymmetrical tech I've posted on the forums(barring any "accidents")

Anyways, I've just grabbed some not-very-old techs and placed them in a save.

Flying Stuff: Fly around. If you want to, head back to spawn to fight enemies.

Scrappy Joe: Go kill some stuff(probably in creative mode.)

Attached Files:

#5 NotExactlyHero, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Matt likes this.
  6. MAGKEKV3000

MAGKEKV3000 Mugek the Mug

idk i just build something, its name "idkhowtonameit"

Attached Files:

7. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

I don't think i'll be doing CC this time either

the thing i'm working on is not only too many techs for it to function according to the rules, but also it'd probably kill the stream as well.

Galrex and NotExactlyHero like this.
  8. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

A programmable hover tech.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    LOAD R&D SAVE IN 1.0.0.4.WATCH TECH AUTOMAGICALLY ORBIT YOU. USE OTHER TECHS TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK IF NEEDED.

It is programmed to move in an orbit around the tech in the save. You can change the settings by adding, removing or moving the resources on the conveyors.
    Snapshot in spoiler for your own use.
    Program.png

Attached Files:

#8 QuackDuck, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    ZeroGravitas, Matt, Falchoin and 6 others like this.
  9. Seth_Seth

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAt?!?!

10. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Why not submit it and I we make a call before the stream? I'd intrigued to see what you've got!

Seth_Seth, Galrex and Zargn like this.
  11. Seth_Seth

uh
    it's not done yet
    and probably won't be done for next time either
    it's gonna be a 9-part MT hovership, don't you think it would kill the game?

Matt, NotExactlyHero and Galrex like this.
  12. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Berserker MK3
    Preferably charge up before testing. Press Shift to Boost.

Berserker MK3.png

13. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Bolien CTAV (central thrust assault VTOL). *slaps roof of Bolien* this bad boy can carry 6 cruise missile and 2 GSO missile launchers. The advantage with the Bolien as opposed to a helicopter-style VTOL is that the Bolien doesn't tilt, it just sits calmly in the air while it rains down death.
    To ascend, press shift. To move around, use normal WASD controls. Charge before flight.

14. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

Here's a last-minute tech: the mighty Metal Mastadon, a marvellous machine to make mincemeat of marauders and malingerers while maintaining maximum multidirectional motion.

Metal Mastodon.png

It is designed for missile broadsides while circling enemies at speed. It can still pepper them with bullets, of course, and attack head on.

Since there are only nine techs this time, I'm going to be a bit cheeky and offer you another one to make up the numbers. Say hello to Little Harvesty X, a late-game tech built according to early-game design philosophy:

Little Harvesty X.png

15. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thanks to everyone who submitted their techs for this week's Comm Core.

As is tradition, I'm now locking this thread!

Check out twitch.tv/terratechgame to see all these, and more, in action!

Aardvark123 and JimmyBlether like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.