Archived Community Core Submit

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Matt, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the Community Core stream!

Community Core is a live stream where we showcase the best creations players have made in TerraTech.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 10th October from 4pm BST here:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame
    www.mixer.com/Payload_Studios
    www.youtube.com/payloadstudios

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :)

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

Techs will not be added to the game until we feel the population needs refreshing!

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

EDIT: For those with the R&D Pack could your techs be made out of the latest blocks?

#1 Matt, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. Falchoin

Falchoin Well-Known Member

I've been on a bit of a carrier/drone kick recently so here's the Scorpion, another carrier which uses drones for combat and gathering assistance. It uses twin autocannons, turreted railguns, plasma jaws, and a pair of Horizon gyroscopes in terms of new experimental blocks.

Press X to release the drones. Gun down resources and see how much the drones gather and deliver.
    Scorpion.png

#2 Falchoin, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    JimmyBlether, Matt, Legionite and 7 others like this.
  3. cipher

cipher Active Member

This time, I'll bring the full-on aggressive tech pain. :D

Matt likes this.
  4. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

Bomb Carbine Thing
    Anchor, Press X and aim at unarmed target with shields
    BOMB CARBINE2.png
    20181003223357_1.jpg
    Bypasses shields enough to damage aircraft, but the damage is negligible against land crafts.
    Works fine anchoring and un-anchoring after X-press.

A working flak because the Repulsor Cannon isn't working.
    May break eventually.

#4 Legionite, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Matt, Falchoin, BenBacon and 8 others like this.
  5. MrTwister

MrTwister Well-Known Member

Hurricane Mk7 - Ground Attack Plane

Purpose is to wreck largest and toughest enemy techs or enemy waves.

FAVTL Hurricane MK7.png

Charge up from the tower (and also anchor). Controls like a helicopter. Shift - up and control height. W S A D - flight directions. Space - fire. Keep tapping shift throughout to control height during forward and turns. Fly around destroying all visible techs. Can reverse/brake too (D). Destroy group of techs at R&D -150, 200 with one shot. Destroy The Brick with 1-2 shots.

#5 MrTwister, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    MAGKEKV3000, Matt, Falchoin and 7 others like this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

It's always difficult and time consuming for the devs to charge up on stream. I think it best to submit a save if bubbles are at all important to you.:) Also, I'd suggest you make only key instructions red, e.g. "Vertical take off (Shift), destroy things." With the abridged flight manual in black afterwards.;) (370 chars there, as is, for reference.)

Edit:
    Oh, you did submit it as a save already, last week (thought I was seeing double). But it wasn't shown, eh. That's a shame.

#6 ZeroGravitas, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    necr0shad0w and Aardvark123 like this.
  7. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

Morgorg: Be the Morgorg!
    Twistin(V2): Which one looks better?
    Adventure 282: Your cabs might die. Just saying...

Attached Files:

Matt likes this.
  8. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

As I mentioned last week, I was going to build a tribute selection of techs because I found an old comcore tech one day in creative. Here it is:
    20181006111149_1.jpg 20181006111153_1.jpg
    The original tech, a fixed refit, my version inspired by them with a twist and a helicopter. (The helicopter is the same tech as the one on top of the biggest one).
    HOVER MOUSE OVER PAYLOAD TERMINALS FOR INFO.
    FOR BIG ONE, UNANCHOR, RETURN TO CHECKPOINT (there is techs there you can fight if you change them to enemy), DRIVE, AND PRESS X FOR HELICOPTER. HELICOPTER HAS SHIFT TO GO UP AND W FOR FORWARDS BUT TURNING IS REVERSED.

Save Below:

Attached Files:

#8 JimmyBlether, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Matt, cipher, Legionite and 3 others like this.
  9. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Monster truck . I don't know what to call it so it's called Nyoom.
    Nyoom.png
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    DRIVE AROUND. PRESS SPACE FOR FLAMES.

Includes interior and engine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

i'm not sure if they are gonna be able to understand dis one
    Galactic Cargoship.png

Hold SHIFT to go down, otherwise is functions like a normal.
    also this things shoots off into space if your wondering why SHIFT goes down

11. necr0shad0w

necr0shad0w Well-Known Member

Since I saw that devs don't wan't to charge up, I have to put a save file.
    INSTRUCTIONS:Use it. Starts anchored, so don't ask why it can't move.

All-sides
    firing

Turns on the spot

Move slower to avoid tipping over.

so yeah.

Attached Files:

12. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

That one. Ok.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  13. xXThunderFlameXx

xXThunderFlameXx Aircraft Enthusiast

Exodus Prime Battlecruiser:
    Exodus Prime.png
    Press X and you're off! Make sure you're not anchored if you want to take off, shift to gain altitude, there isn't much else to it.

ZeroGravitas, Matt, Falchoin and 6 others like this.
  14. ZeroGravitas

"ZG Bike leans in" - A bike that leans *into* turns, somewhat like a real bike. A concept I've got bored of sitting on all year, so here you go!

Do lots of slalom turns on the flat!

ZG Bike leans in.png

The wings are needed to pull the bike inwards at speed (they have to be on the front, due to the control system). And the propellers hold at low to mid speeds.

Normally bikes half topple outwards, jarringly, against the righting force of the gyros. Rip the wings and propellers off to try the difference for yourselves...

I initially used GSO fans, which are more compact and less overpowered for this, but I decided to go for a full Venture version for show.

I could make a version with weapons, for an population enemy tech... But bikes can't turn on the spot, so I think it might flummox the AI a little. Viable still, I think.

Edit: Steam workshop link.

#14 ZeroGravitas, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 9:35 AM
  15. MrTwister

MrTwister Well-Known Member

This is not entirely true - you can find a perfect little bike in my techs' thread that can turn great on the spot and turns very well in general :)
    Perhaps I will submit it to the next comcore :D. Maybe even to this one?

Galrex, ZeroGravitas and JimmyBlether like this.
  16. cipher

cipher Active Member

Time for something different (and buggy) for fun...

cipher Trojan Wheel

Boost (shift) to move as a wheel, A/D to turn slowly. Stop on larger tracks to align Repulsor Cannons horizontally, movement is reverse. Buggy: Repulsor Cannon's tracking gets confused when on its side. (Snapshot attached to post)

This was more of messing around to see what's possible. So this is one tech that shows current bugs in TerraTech.

TerraTech doesn't like techs rotated at all angles. The bugs revealed:
    • The Repulsor Cannon can't track targets properly when it's on its side, as it rotates to unusual directions. But it still fires horizontally when no targets around.
    • The Plasma Flamethrower splits into two flames when it strikes a wheel (specifically one of the Hawkeye bike wheels). Very cool effect, but possibly not as intended?
    • Movement is reverse when a tech is rotated. And it doesn't matter what angle its rotated to, as the movement is always reversed.
    • Even more unusual is turning when a tech is rotated: moving and turning function as they should, but turning while not moving is reverse.
    • When rolling along as a giant wheel, the user is continually spammed with the message to press B for build beam to turn the tech right-side up.
    • Pressing B at specific angles will not only turn the tech right-side up, but also flip it completely around, changing its heading 180 degrees.

Attached Files:

17. ZeroGravitas

Ah, you updated your deadly little bike (I tried that ages ago, too!). Regarding turning - it's kinda cheating because the back end is half hover-tech, but I really can't complain given the combination of performance and looks.
    Yeah, I totally think you should submit it, at some point, if not this week - maybe if you ask Matt nicely they'll show two of yours, seeing as the one above was missed from last week.:) (I doubt the bike would appear as a campaign population enemy, unfortunately, with all those Cruise missiles.)

#17 ZeroGravitas, Oct 9, 2018 at 9:59 AM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  18. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

I made a biplane with the new propellers. Introducing Planey McPlaneface:

Planey McPlaneface.png

Planey was originally a one-layered aircraft, built for transporting USB sticks on the mildly soggy planet Djauridius. Djauridius's atmosphere was too humid and foggy for wireless communication, but Planey allowed the local Team Venture branch to simply fly packets of data around without hassle. This advantage vanished when some GeoCorp engineers got together with a gang of mostly-legitimate feather duster traders and built some underground cables, so the Venture branch converted Planey into a fighter.

Planey's tail was blown off after a few engagements, forcing its pilot to build a much shorter one from the few blocks he still had. This gave Planey a catastrophic tendency to nose downwards, hence the upper wing, which allowed for much more graceful flight.

19. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thought I'd mix things up a bit and submit a tech for Com Core myself :) No instructions needed as I'll be on the stream.

Attached Files:

20. MAGKEKV3000

MAGKEKV3000 Mugek the Mug

Okie, that will be my last Only HE tech xd

EDIT: added armor plate XD

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.