Archived Community Core Submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
This week's Community Core we're asking you to build techs to populate the game. That's right! The techs you build will be added to the game as enemy AI.

This week we want you to use as many new Venture blocks as possible. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • Venture 360 Shotgun
  • Venture Cluster Missile Launcher
  • Venture Crossfire Rifle
  • Venture Hurricane Track
  • Venture Lance Laser Turret
  • Venture NEEDLE Laser
  • Venture Rapid Cannon
  • Venture Ripsaw Track
  • Venture Roundabout Mortar
  • Venture Springer Wheel
  • Venture Tank Treads
  • Venture Monster and Titan Truck Wheels
It has to follow these rules:
  • Must only use Venture blocks.
  • Must be able to move in a stable and consistent manner. No planes or funky hover techs please.
  • It must be able to 'compete' with a tech of equal value. So if you use expensive blocks it should be able to go toe-to-toe with a tech of similar value.
Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the next week's Community Core stream below.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 26th September from 4pm BST here:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame
www.mixer.com/Payload_Studios
www.youtube.com/payloadstudios

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :)

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Hello! I hope this is allowed:
20180919190828_1.jpg
See that venture tech? That's the proper submission. Its pure venture and has a bunch of 'new' and REALLY new blocks in it.

DRIVE OFF EDGE, SHOOT STUFF.

Anyway, for the rest:

For the multitech, use the build beam to get off the monument. If turret begins to comes off, move back and forth on the axis you reversed it off the monument until it gets back on. If it falls off, use this snapshot:
SFS HEAVY MTT MK1.png
Press X for turret but don't press X near an enemy.

For the other 2 helicopters, fly them. They're alright aircraft but the big one is a slow turner. Shift to go up, normal hoverbug controls otherwise (does @Matt know what this is?). Tapping shift sometimes let's you semi-hover.

The guy on the huge podium is just to let you see all the stuff. He has an easter egg on him. I'll tell you after the next thread is posted.

JimmyBlether.

P.S. Say my name in .75 seconds to get it right. PLUS, THE MULTITECH HAS BEEN POSTED TWICE AND DIDINT WORK FOR MANY REASONS!!! PLEASE DO IT THIS TIME!!!!!!

Whoops. Instructions are really long.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh... You ok with this?
I've edited this too may times...

Attachments

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
Pure venture hoverSHIP maybe?
I don't think I can add airships as an enemy.

Anyway, here is a hover.

GYRFALCON
Gyrfalcon.png
INSTRUCTIONS:
CHARGE BEFORE USE. IT TILTS WHEN TURNING, WHICH IS INTENTIONAL.

It has very, very, bad shielding for my standards (VEN repair bubbles are good, but I can only do so much with them), but it can still take a few hits from the missile turret in R&D, so it's good enough. Can navigate normal terrain well, tested with both friendly AI and myself. Works with enemy AI, unsure about navigation.

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
This week's Community Core we're asking you to build techs to populate the game. That's right! The techs you build will be added to the game as enemy AI.

This week we want you to use as many new Venture blocks as possible. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • Venture 360 Shotgun
  • Venture Cluster Missile Launcher
  • Venture Crossfire Rifle
  • Venture Hurricane Track
  • Venture Lance Laser Turret
  • Venture NEEDLE Laser
  • Venture Rapid Cannon
  • Venture Ripsaw Track
  • Venture Roundabout Mortar
  • Venture Springer Wheel
  • Venture Tank Treads
  • Venture Monster and Titan Truck Wheels
It has to follow these rules:
  • Must only use Venture blocks.
  • Must be able to move in a stable and consistent manner. No planes or funky hover techs please.
  • It must be able to 'compete' with a tech of equal value. So if you use expensive blocks it should be able to go toe-to-toe with a tech of similar value.
Attach snapshots or game saves of Techs you want to be included in the next week's Community Core stream below.

You can watch them in action on Wednesday 26th September from 4pm BST here:

www.twitch.tv/terratechgame
www.mixer.com/Payload_Studios
www.youtube.com/payloadstudios

A limit of no more than ONE snapshot or 4 Techs in a GAME SAVE per player, please :)

NOTE: INSTRUCTIONS for how Techs should be shown must be displayed in RED. Text that is not marked this way will likely be ignored. All instructions must be written in no more than 140 characters. Attaching a video of the Tech in action to your thread is strongly advised.

This thread will be archived just before the stream to make way for the next wave of Community Core submissions.
you asked meh to make tech
u get dis, it's just a stick ok maybe not it's a powerful boi
Stick.png
pew pew

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I hope this is allowed:
My expectation is the Matt will want to try and stay on topic with the Venture tech submissions (of which there will be many!). So you'd probably be better off hiding all your current post inside a spoiler, and just posting a pure venture tech instead.

Then copy-paste half of your submission for next week (if it's a regular Com Core). You're about 3 times over the instruction character limit there, at least. There's absolutely no way they are going to be able to read through all those instructions on stream, let alone follow them exactly.

Pick what you most want to see shown and set it up ready so there's no assembly required, etc, and it'll either be self evident what to do or it takes a single, short sentence to get going. I think you'll be disappointed otherwise.

Last edited:

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Post complete
Dune Crab.png
Dune Crab MK1, using a vivid mix of the blocks.

A good example of the Venture is feeble thing.

Regardless of the build quality, just 4 hits from the BS(BattleShip) Cannons is enough to eradicate half the Tech in one hit despite using a huge load of the strongest blocks Venture has to offer whilst being the enemy.
The bad turning may be mostly due to the fact the the Venture treads by themselves can only reach an embarrassing maximum speed of 60 MPH.
It lasts decently long against the enemy, but as the enemy, lasts far shorter. (due to the "player advantage in dps")

The next thing here (Frame Rascal) will be a metropolis made out of the large slopes and Z-blocks to maximize lifespan.
If half the Tech gets destroyed anyways under BS Cannon fire, well, you know why.

Actually it turned out pretty well, being able to take out the final turret with minimal damage.
On the other hand, it is pretty deadly up close, so people who like close-combat won't find this one too easy.

The Omega Juicer still kills it in one hit though...

In order from left hand to right hand:
Screaming Strawberry(shotgun charger), Rounded Armadillo(Artillery), Dune Crab(Lt. Assault Tank), Frame Rascal(Heavy Assault- [hoverboost to 75mph])

20180925234816_1.jpg
INSTRUCTIONS: USE SAVE AND EXPLORE TECHS, then build something with BattleShip Cannons/Berthas and OKO some Venture Techs.

Attachments

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Hello! I hope this is allowed:
View attachment 24089
See that venture tech? That's the proper submission. Its pure venture and has a bunch of 'new' and REALLY new blocks in it.

DRIVE OFF EDGE, SHOOT STUFF.

Anyway, for the rest:

For the multitech, use the build beam to get off the monument. If turret begins to comes off, move back and forth on the axis you reversed it off the monument until it gets back on. If it falls off, use this snapshot:
View attachment 24090
Press X for turret but don't press X near an enemy.

For the other 2 helicopters, fly them. They're alright aircraft but the big one is a slow turner. Shift to go up, normal hoverbug controls otherwise (does @Matt know what this is?). Tapping shift sometimes let's you semi-hover.

The guy on the huge podium is just to let you see all the stuff. He has an easter egg on him. I'll tell you after the next thread is posted.

JimmyBlether.

P.S. Say my name in .75 seconds to get it right. PLUS, THE MULTITECH HAS BEEN POSTED TWICE AND DIDINT WORK FOR MANY REASONS!!! PLEASE DO IT THIS TIME!!!!!!

Whoops. Instructions are really long.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh... You ok with this?
I've edited this too may times...
@Matt is this ok or should I repost with something else?

I see you like it though.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
One save attached with 4 Venture enemy techs.

Save preview:
2018-09-20 Venture enemy testing 1.jpg

Pick one of these four and try to take out all the enemy clones.

OR

Just show this "Big Suze 2" snapshot
if pushed for time (or one of the others, below, even).

ZG Big Suze 2.png

Yes, she's back, and she has something to say: "CLUSTER MISSILES!"

The original "Big Suze" was made without the benefit of curved blocks, and included a load of payload terminals and an anchor, so will probably never show in campaign. This is an upgraded replacement, with the GSO parts stripped out.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The additional snapshots that are in the save file above - for easy reference and/or extraction from the thread (not separate entries):

"Ven Lv2 Ripper" - an attempt to make a modest sized, tracked tech that's threatening, while using only sub-level 3 parts. So no batteries for regen bubbles, even. It's pretty fast thanks to the propeller assist.
ZG Ven Lv2 Ripper.png

"MnstTrck Z" - a Mad Max style road warrior, with a chunky, but stylish, chassis made from the new Z1 and Z2 blocks. 5 rapid canons make this fairly dangerous, thanks to it's manouvability. The minimal battery power is reserved for regen bubbles and shielding for the tech's core, only.
ZG MnstrTrck Z.png

"HurriTank" - I do love my insectile/spidery battle techs. The Z1/Z2 Blocks provide great, sturdy limbs for this, and the Hurricane tracks it's feet. The 4 Rapid Canons are placed in the styled of a SupCom "Fatboy" and the array of Needle Lasers are not to be sniffed at (they'll drain a Brick pretty fast). Top speed of 100mph with its butt made of Zero Propellers.
ZG HurriTank.png

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
@Matt - I refreshed @BenBacon's R&D save for 1.0.0.2 (I hope that's OK): no block dispenser spam in the way, now, nuisance crafting example techs removed, super-charger cut down to size for better FPS and additional "The Brick"s added further up the map, so you don't run out of things to kill so easily.

I've attached the fresh version, here. But the save I submitted, above, is also the same setup, but with my tech submissions in there, too.

Oh, and @JimmyBlether - my bad!:oops: I didn't realise part of your off topic mega submission was a tech that's been passed over for the last two Com Cores...! (Good self-restraint there - I might have been more annoyed at me...o_O:rolleyes: You still need to simplify instructions, though.:p;))
I'm more than happy to get it in this weeks Comm Core if you want to submit a .png snapshot :)
... The top image in his post was (or at least is now) a .png snapshot that works fine. Nice multi-tech turret dude.:D (Obviously if it has game UI in the picture it's not a snapshot.;))

Good job on yesterday's stream, otherwise, @Matt. Very thorough and nice to hear from @Jason Howard again.:)

Attachments

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
The top image in his post was (or at least is now) a .png snapshot that works fine. Nice multi-tech turret dude.:D (Obviously if it has game UI in the picture it's not a snapshot.;))
Wait. Did @Matt seriously download the thing that I said was NOT the snapshot?

The snapshot is the one at the top...

Oh, and @JimmyBlether - my bad!:oops: I didn't realise part of your off topic mega submission was a tech that's been passed over for the last two Com Cores...! (Good self-restraint there - I might have been more annoyed at me...o_O:rolleyes: You still need to simplify instructions, though.:p;))
Thanks and yeah. I'm not the best at doing instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.