Community challenge! Most stable airplane without gyro!

Which parts will you mostly use?

• Total voters

Pachu

Jan 21, 2016
The effectiveness of the humble Biplane is something i didnt expect to win.
Imo building with a single prop is more challenging to get flying straight, leveled and still be maneuverable. Still this was a fun challenge to do.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
never mind... number 5 from your list can fly 3+ times longer than number 1 when leveled. both have pitch down so it is easy to compare them, number 2 has pitch up, and it gets up very fast compared to how fast number 5 goes down, number 4 also pitch up relatively fast. Number 3 is very hard to compare due to mix of motors, so I emptied reservoirs and then it is half stable as number 5.
@Aardvark123 won by huge margin.

Reactions: Aardvark123

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
never mind... number 5 from your list can fly 3+ times longer than number 1 when leveled. both have pitch down so it is easy to compare them, number 2 has pitch up, and it gets up very fast compared to how fast number 5 goes down, number 4 also pitch up relatively fast. Number 3 is very hard to compare due to mix of motors, so I emptied reservoirs and then it is half stable as number 5.
@Aardvark123 won by huge margin.
Reservoirs? What's dat?
Ohh u mean fuel lol right
Btw it is meant to fly with an slight upward tilt without boost, where it will stabilize and slowly gain altitude, given that the throttle is at 100%
I added the rockets to stop them from stalling from the steep turns it can do.

Last edited:

Skihiley

Having an emotional breakdown
May 8, 2020
Did I? Well, that's a turn-up for the books. I wonder why Skihiley's sister judged our aeroplanes so differently.
I did think that about yours, @Aardvark123, but I think how my sister judges them was only partly how straight they flew; I mean just bc a plane flies straight doesn’t necessarily mean it is stable. I think she took things into consideration like turning, both roll and yaw. For example, nightblades plane flew relatively straight but couldn’t turn without stalling.

Aardvark123

Feb 23, 2018
Scotland
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
I did think that about yours, @Aardvark123, but I think how my sister judges them was only partly how straight they flew; I mean just bc a plane flies straight doesn’t necessarily mean it is stable. I think she took things into consideration like turning, both roll and yaw. For example, nightblades plane flew relatively straight but couldn’t turn without stalling.
I see. Thinking about it that way, I do remember mine was a bit overeager with the steering. Were the rest better in that regard?

Reactions: Skihiley

Skihiley

Having an emotional breakdown
May 8, 2020
I see. Thinking about it that way, I do remember mine was a bit overeager with the steering. Were the rest better in that regard?
Yes, they were a bit better, and also, in regard to Pachu’s plane I think she was impressed that I flew as stable as it did with the fact it only had one prop. If I was to rank it on how straight the planes flew, yours would’ve been first or second.