Community Block Suggestions Poll : Wings

Which wing blocks would you like to see in TerraTech?

• GSO Diagonal Wing

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • VEN Forward Swept Wing

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • HE Delta Wing

Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sea_Kerman

Oct 21, 2015
I think the main issue is that we cannot really make good-looking wings, as they do not blend together well, and so all end up looking like Vinetian blinds.

Reactions: TheGamingEnder

Wassaup

Apr 28, 2019
If/when we get the Corp-matching paint schemes, the delta wings and black painted VEN Zero propellers will allow me to fulfill my dream of HE fighter "jets". But I'm sure, we will have all of these eventually.

joseph racer

Feb 1, 2019
or we could vote agin to see which one will be added second. We could also do this for the weapon poll

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
Thanks everyone for voting - the HE Delta Wings had the most votes, so we'll be adding these to the game in the new year.
We need to make dem stealth boombers, y'know.

Triangles are the way to go.

Also, question? Is the delta wing planned to be a single triangle, or two triangles melded together?(I imagine it's 1 triangle, as it has mostly been in the past, but might as well ask)

Reactions: General Douglas

Wassaup

Apr 28, 2019
Hmm... I was hoping for a sharper angle... Maybe, if I rotate it 90 degrees... You know, what? Good enough!

Reactions: Saelem Black

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
These look really slick. However, like @Wassaup , I was also hoping for a more aggressive wing angle. I suspect that a great many players will align this 90 degrees to go for the more aggressive angle instead of using them as intended. Could I request a slight alteration? Add an attachment point per the image below so we can use the steeper angle more easily. Alternatively, would you consider a 3x3 block with a sharper angle?

1579023486171.png

As a point of reference, these wings have about a 33 degree angle (from left/right) which is still about what most commercial airliners are. Most modern fighter jets have a 45+ degree angle. Much steeper.