Combat shotgun is weak for the time of the game you get it.

May 21, 2020
(Co-op Campain)

By the time you are GSO 4, you should have unlocked the Hawkeye bayonet shotgun and the Venture 360 shotgun.
Both of which are slightly better in their own ways.
Hawkeye does much more damage but lost its ability to turn
360 shotgun turns much faster but does slightly less damage
However: The combat shotgun doesn't do enough damage to be the "Generalist" of the three shotguns you have at that point in the game.
Even as a 1x1 module, it can't be spammed as easily or used effectively because the other shotguns do its job better. Via by ripping apart techs faster or by almost never missing its mark.
The combat shotgun needs a slight buff to be viable as the "Im on a moving tech but i don't need the massive turning radius and less damage of the 360 shotgun" shotgun.
I'd suggest either a fire rate buff or a damage buff.

Dynamix

Do you want to have a GOOD time?
Nov 11, 2017
a place no-one knows
(Co-op Campain)

By the time you are GSO 4, you should have unlocked the Hawkeye bayonet shotgun and the Venture 360 shotgun.
Both of which are slightly better in their own ways.
Hawkeye does much more damage but lost its ability to turn
360 shotgun turns much faster but does slightly less damage
However: The combat shotgun doesn't do enough damage to be the "Generalist" of the three shotguns you have at that point in the game.
Even as a 1x1 module, it can't be spammed as easily or used effectively because the other shotguns do its job better. Via by ripping apart techs faster or by almost never missing its mark.
The combat shotgun needs a slight buff to be viable as the "Im on a moving tech but i don't need the massive turning radius and less damage of the 360 shotgun" shotgun.
I'd suggest either a fire rate buff or a damage buff.
Lowering the level requirement to 2 or 3 can be enough.
Shotguns aren't really all that powerful in the late game, where explosives reign supreme.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I don't use them often, but I have found shotguns to be useful on my big techs when that pesky little enemy tech comes in too close for my other weapons to do much damage. Of course, all this is moot because it's true, by the time you unlock shotguns in any corp, you likely have the firepower to take down enemies before they can even start circling you.