Collision Box Reduction on the HawkEye Jack Bracket

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Masakari, May 27, 2018.

1. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

Not sure when this was done, but just found out a while ago checking up on an old MT of mine. The Jack Bracket seems to have had its CB adjusted to fit the block space.

20180526220521_1.jpg 20180526220526_1.jpg 20180526220901_1.jpg

Before this would sit right inside that pocket the curves made and would facilitate another way of connection for MTs.

This to me is a disaster as I love using this type of connection system (as many of you familiar with me and several of my MT designs use).

Please revert the collision box on the Jack Bracket back to before (where the HE single bracket/GEO bumper bar/EXP rods would sit at the center of a 2x2 of the jack brackets) as this was a major draw for me to play and added more creativity to designs.

2. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Agreed, that looks like a very stable and compact method for MT linkage. I would try it out myself (if it WORKED!)

3. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Most Ingenious

@Anton

Any word on if this will be reverted back to the old collision boxes next update? Or have you not seen this yet?

4. SadKen

SadKen PAYLOAD STUDIOS

This is a performance optimisation whereby simpler collision volumes are used on the fastest graphics settings. It's likely to change to keep them consistent, but in the meantime upping the quality will enable the old collision. There are axles and bearings in R&D that are intended for this purpose, and they'll hopefully be promoted at some point in the future.