Cockpit view when flying

Dan Andre Syrtveit

Jan 10, 2015
I took my flybirdie out for a spin today:D And mounted some guns wanting to hunt down some prey:D

BUT I found it veeery difficult to hit anything:p

SO a first person view or cockpitview would have been awesome here:D

Reactions: Coder

IdontRuin

May 27, 2015
I took my flybirdie out for a spin today:D And mounted some guns wanting to hunt down some prey:D

BUT I found it veeery difficult to hit anything:p

SO a first person view or cockpitview would have been awesome here:D
Choosing the right weapons helps, some weapons have faster turn rate(failfires) so have higher chance of "tracking" the target while you zoom around at high speeds, also mortars have a slight homing to them, so using those as "bombs" is also a good way.

Spray&pray style can work as well. (oh them oozies, just careful with the recoil...)

The devs also said that after they get aerial combat into the game properly (aerial enemies and what not), then they plan to add a "damage bonus" for attacks made from the air to make it more rewarding.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
Choosing the right weapons helps, some weapons have faster turn rate(failfires) so have higher chance of "tracking" the target while you zoom around at high speeds, also mortars have a slight homing to them, so using those as "bombs" is also a good way.

Spray&pray style can work as well. (oh them oozies, just careful with the recoil...)

The devs also said that after they get aerial combat into the game properly (aerial enemies and what not), then they plan to add a "damage bonus" for attacks made from the air to make it more rewarding.
@Jamie

No need. Probably just better to have a range/tracking bonus in the air.

Probably less exploitable too.

"Guns do double damage in the air?" (attaches boosters to tank. hop. fire. hop. fire)
or make hover tanks.

The thing is, aircraft are already vulnerable. At the moment, aerial combat is going to be hilariously fail, but you only have to knock one block off the target, and it will either fall out of the sky, or become really hard to control.

Now, if you really need aircraft killing things on the ground, add dirty great bombs.
Drop. boom!
Useful for suicide units on the ground too.

Actually, you'd probably want to increase tracking range for ground targets shooting back at air targets.
Uh, just crank up the tracking distance in general, or add a 'Rangefinder' block that ups your tracking range.
I'd also suggest a range of anti aircraft weapons that have long range/homing shots that do little damage.
After all, it's going to be enough trouble flying around trying to hit them, as it is.

I guess one question for the devs is: What is the role that you see aircraft having?

Reactions: Coder