Co-op Campaign Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey all!

Now that we've all had a chance to jump into a game or two of Co-op Campaign we want to know what you all think about the game mode!

We want to know all the nitty-gritty details so keep your feedback as specific as possible. Examples would be ACE! Pics, videos, GIFs, interpretative dances, ect.

Honestly, nothing is off limits for this thread, as long as it remains on-topic!

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Official and fan made servers, because that will be fun. Also more player limit. Also no barrier would be nice, every player has thier own load radius, but enemies spawn at the same rate as before. If there is 4 players, then each player has 1/4 of enemy spawning rate

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Adjust the trading station model to accommodate more resource receiving terminals, or make it work faster.

Whenever you harvest resources with your friends and haven't got delivery cannons yet, waiting for the trade station to deliver your resources while your friends wait is a tedious chore, so much that those early resource chunks lose all purpose and thus you have a core part of the game not working as intended (prospection).

My suggestion of redesign of the station would consist of two or more receiving pads in opposite corners of the trading station, all leading to a central cannon with capacity to deliver all these simultaneously.

The simple solution would be speeding it up with a hidden pacemaker.

Last edited:

zuran97

Hello. My suggestions are stabilize server for the game, especially SEA server. Next, spawn more enemy like 1 km per square or if you stay too long, more enemies will come. After that, maybe make a button that can record the coordinates and rename it, so I will not lost in the wilderness. Last but not least, can you make mic button so we can communicate more efficiently? Thanks in advance!

Nerf Craft

I would like Co-Op Campaign to be more like the singleplayer. For example, needing the SCU to collect blocks.
I also think it would be interesting to remove the boundary and make it so every new player spawns in a random location at a relatively moderate distance from the Host spawn, and go through the starting quests like radar and battery.
I also don't like the shared inventory. If the inventory was at least team exclusive(e.g. Team Blue cannot access Team Red's inventory) than we wouldn't have enemies stealing each other's blocks, but I just don't like a shared inventory in general.
If you want more details of my opinion I made a thread about it a while ago: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/my-concept-for-co-op-campaign.19501/

Captain Load

Get rid of the boundary. Whatever it takes - dedicated server, worldspace hibernation, limiting the size of the world, etc. Nuff' said.

Lost Ninja

Adjust the trading station model to accommodate more resource receiving terminals, or make it work faster.

Whenever you harvest resources with your friends and haven't got delivery cannons yet, waiting for the trade station to deliver your resources while your friends wait is a tedious chore, so much that those early resource chunks lose all purpose and thus you have a core part of the game not working as intended (prospection).

My suggestion of redesign of the station would consist of two or more receiving pads in opposite corners of the trading station, all leading to a central cannon with capacity to deliver all these simultaneously.

The simple solution would be speeding it up with a hidden pacemaker.
The "Pacemaker" is just a user configuration block, I doubt it's hard to just set the same flag in the "tech" that forms the trading station. Agreed though it's painfully slow. (Specifically m_HeartbeatInterval, 0, 0.5, 1.0 & 2.0 (IIRC) for Off, Slow, Normal & fast respectively.)

Without Crafting we gave up on Co-op very quickly, missions are fun but we found that with the two of us doing them the enemy seldom had a chance. (It's no harder than SP) Not having any reason to do anything other than run around killing/capturing stuff got boring fast. OTOH I'd love to see the block acquisition method added into SP as a late game block.

Removing the border or at the very least making it user/server definable. either of our PCs would I expect have handled a much larger area, it's rather like giving PC owners block limits, our hardware generally is much more powerful than some of the more limited systems that the game is designed to run on. (Note: I've never played TT on a console so I don't "know" how much of the MP limitations are down to making sure the game will run on them too.)

Though I only played with one other person (briefly) as I have no friends, one thing we both thought would be nice if we could have teams, with combat between the teams. Of course that would probably mean you'd need more players

Tessemi

Hey all!

Now that we've all had a chance to jump into a game or two of Co-op Campaign we want to know what you all think about the game mode!

We want to know all the nitty-gritty details so keep your feedback as specific as possible. Examples would be ACE! Pics, videos, GIFs, interpretative dances, ect.

Honestly, nothing is off limits for this thread, as long as it remains on-topic!

The border should be removed.

PRIVATE SERVERS!

You should have to start from scratch together.

Really just like the normal Campaign but with atleast 1 mate...

Or make the one with 1 mate as much as the normal campaign.

No progression no fun.
Im very wealthy in my campaign so its pretty much indifferent to coop creative.

Thats all.

Mamila

I just registered to answer here.

I started playing with my son and didnt know that you cant craft!
Was waiting endlessly for crafty mike to appear -.-

Well just with this post i found out and have to say: BUMMER!

How can the main component to this game not be in there? Is it not something that is a MUST?!

My feedback so far anyway:
- The loading bubble ... needs to be improved.
Suggestions:
- new block - Chunkloader like in MC, loads the area around it
- every player has a loading bubble

- The following options i like to have when creating a game:
- dont allow buying anything from the station (basically crafting only)
- Set startmoney
- everyone has his own money
- can change other persons builds - exists already - great!
- xp multiplier ( how fast to level the factions)

Here is what worked:
- find lan games
- could play together
- had fun building cars

Problems:
- random disconnections for the non-host client
- exploit at the beginning where you just relog and get new blocks for free all the time, big thing in the beginning

Falchoin

I've played a fair bit (over 40 hours) of co-op campaign, the large majority of which was set to public.

My biggest complaint is the downtime due to the area limiting bubble. Either the missions need to be closer together, or the red dome needs to be big enough to allow players to run missions when one or more people are stationary. This is because most people want to build/use their own techs and it's rare until very late game that people have usable snapshots. So folks generally have to build something from scratch, which means a lot of waiting since the other people in the game cannot do missions.

Some sort of anti-griefing measures. Things like settings per person for "Is allowed to buy blocks" or permissions from the host to build/spawn over some adjustable block buck value (maybe even tied to some % of host vehicle value). It really sucks seeing all your explosives literally go up in smoke because one person decided to make a missile flatbed with zero protection and run it into trees.

Co-op needs the rest of the single player blocks. Not just crafting, but fuel gauges and linear motion engines too.

Show the license levels of the host in the lobby before joining a game. This lets players have a rough idea as to what they're getting themselves into.

Fewer techs which split into 10+ other techs in the spawn pool would be nice too, to eliminate lag when they split.

Missile countermeasures are needed. My last co-op session ended when we all got popped by about 20+ cruise missiles during a Hawkeye mission.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Some really interesting things for us to think about. I've passed this on to Kris and Greg, our Designers, and we'll see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.