Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Epic afdc

Mar 8, 2016
(Part 1)Okay the basic concept of this is quite simple, choosing your own starter Corp, for example starting with venture or GeoCorp. And when you start, each Corp has their own unique starter missions. For example, when you start as venture, you do races to earn the starting blocks. And I can already hear you typing away on your keyboards “but there aren’t enough grades for the other corps” I know there aren’t, and that’s why I suggest this being implemented when all the corps get the amount of grades that the devs plan on implementing. The purpose of this idea is to add a bit of “flavor” to the game. I’m not saying terra tech is boring, far from it, but it starts to get old when you start off with the same missions over and over again. And it gives more variety to the game, you can learn to work with the corp’s strengths and weaknesses, for example GeoCorp’s slow speed and lack of ranged weapons but their excellent mining potential. It will give an added challenge to the game.

Now to introduce the starter missions for each Corp

Gso: the same intro missions

GeoCorp: you start off with a basic GeoCorp tech, four of the basic GeoCorp wheels, a cab, four basic blocks a drill and a tractor pad. Your first mission will be you have to harvest a certain number of resources and transport it to a friendly prospector’s base, this base belonging to the GeoCorp npc (I cannot remember his name at this time) this base has healing and shield bubbles, for repairs in between battles. But once you reach grade two, the base is attacked by rouge techs, mostly destroying the base, conveniently leaving a few of the basic refining and selling stuff. And this is where the crafting tutorials start, except without crafty mike, but with the GeoCorp npc. Don’t worry though, you’re u will stumble upon crafty mike at a later time. On grade 2 you unlock gso, giving you access to ranged weaponry, on grade 3 you unlock venture, on grade 4 you unlock better future, and on grade 5 you unlock Hawkeye

Epic afdc

Mar 8, 2016
(Part 2)
Venture: you start off with the venture cab, four venture blocks, six of the basic venture wheels, and two pip machine guns. You are tasked to meet up with suzie vroom at the start of a race, suzie then tells you that if you can beat her time, she will give you some batteries and a venture repair bubbles, If you win the race, suzie decides to be generous and gives you something extra, an old gso solar panel she found. She then gives you a few more races to complete, each with their own set reward, for example after completing a drag race, suzie gives you a delivery cannon. And once you build yourself a base, you manage to stumble upon crafty mike, and he teaches you how to craft and stuff. When you reach grade 2 you unlock gso, and with grade 3 you unlock GeoCorp, with grade 4 you unlock better future, and with grade 5 you unlock Hawkeye.

Hawkeye: you start off with a Hawkeye cab, 3 Hawkeye blocks, 4 Hawkeye bike wheels, and 2 Hawkeye burst guns. The first mission tasks you with hunting down a rogue gso tech, upon destroying this tech, you are rewarded with some batteries , a solar panel and a repair bubble. You are then tasked with taking over a hostile base and upon taking over that base, you are rewarded the base, a few Hawkeye blocks, money and Hawkeye grade 2. You are then tasked to meet up with Sargent smash, where he gives you a mussion to destroy a GeoCorp base, and all who guard it. You are rewarded with the salvage of the base, a lot of money and a few Hawkeye blocks. One grade 2 you unlock gso, on grade 3 you unlock GeoCorp, on grade 4 you unlock venture and on grade 5 you unlock better future.

Better Future: you are a successful prospector, who spends their money on better future products, you have millions of block bucks, and millions of block bucks in equipment, but you get attacked by high level Hawkeye techs and you are resorted to escaping via your emergency tech, it has a BF cab, 8 BF blocks, 2 BF standard weapons, and 4 of the BF small halo wheels. You lose everything else, even your licenses with other corps(except the BF grade 1 license). You are left with only your tech and wits, you are then tasked to report to a distress signal coming from a nearby base, upon arriving you are tasked to help defend the base from small, low level Hawkeye techs. Upon completing this mission you are rewarded with a few better future blocks and an ally, the owner of the base, he lets you use his base, but you cannot modify it and when you sell resources you get half of the money, since the other half goes to the owner. He tasks you with collecting resources and helping him with stuff (basically the crafting tutorial) and upon receiving grade two, you are ready to go out on your own and the owner of the base gifts you with a few better future manufacturing blocks for being such a Good friend, and off you go. On grade 2 you unlock gso, on grade 3 you unlock GeoCorp, on grade 4 you unlock venture and on grade 5 you unlock Hawkeye

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Sep 9, 2017
Tír na nÓg
I like most of this a lot, but I feel like you should be barred from starting as Hawkeye or Better Future.

Hawkeye was (in my mind based on its old 'GSO hunter' etc. missions) originally a lawless Machiavellianist almost cult-like league that made up its own morals and didn't respect rules because they couldn't be enforced against them due to their 'striking from the shadows' tactics and outright brutality. As such, I would only imagine they might recruit the player if they prove themselves worthy (i.e. by successfully killing the cleanup crew.)

I do like your story for the beginning of your Beter Future campaign, but I think that simply for the sole reason that they're too expensive to buy/craft in early game would be enough to make it impractical.

That's just my two cents though, I do love the idea and have wanted it for just about ever. I especially like that you've considered the fact GSO gives the player a grade 1 walkthrough and have engineered ones to match each corporation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seth_Seth