Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I decided to start a thread for this, since I see the the Terra Tech community has made some nice naval warships in hopes of the addition of the sea biome.

I will start this thread with the SS Odyssey, a massive Tech turreted warship that has booster angling to help scale mountains to some degree[not guaranteed at all].
SS Odyssey.png
(Use the save below for the full Tech- it is very laggy)
Uses a R&D part, so if you want to use it without R&D, please let me know.

It looks a cruiser for some reason, even though it maxes out the build limit and could be considered a battleship with the ridiculous broadside.
It is really slow at turning, so if any part of the design is bad, it probably is the steering on this ship.
It was originally supposed to fly with shift, but that was abandoned in favor for more battery life.
Comes equipped with a non-existant AA-suite (although the AI turrets can aim vertical), so avoid Airborne AIs at all costs or face the consequences.

Attachments

Last edited:
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
If you think that's laggy, you haven't seen my battlecruiser

speaking of, you should load it up and give it a retrofit :p
View attachment 14313
This is very laggy in comparison to the full SS Odyssey.
(The framework, design, and resemblance to naval ships in general is quite amazing, yet I cannot study it for possible improvements and retrofitting with a laggy potato for a computer.)
I might be able to retrofit it once my much faster computer is fixed, but that won't be in a while.:(

Sozin

Dog Emperor
This is very laggy in comparison to the full SS Odyssey.
(The framework, design, and resemblance to naval ships in general is quite amazing, yet I cannot study it for possible improvements and retrofitting with a laggy potato for a computer.)
I might be able to retrofit it once my much faster computer is fixed, but that won't be in a while.:(
Probably because of the mind-boggling amount of hoverplates i stuck on it to keep it floating :p

Edit: It appears i layered batteries and hovers to make it more robust ... meaning to retrofit it without hovers i'd have to destroy the whole thing ...

In other news the keel of a new cruiser is being laid down ...

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
The Glasgow:
Glasgow.png

My pre-build mental calculations were off a bit, so this is shorter and smaller than I intended: had to replace 2 cannons with the bridge and a missile suite

Interesting tidbit: with careful angling, it is in fact possible to get all 6 cannons to fire simultaneously

Edit:
The weakness is, of course, the fact that it has shields, and thus batteries.
thought it'd serve as an analogue to the ammo holds on an actual ship:
hit a battery, and kaboom

Last edited:
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
The next big update for Terra Tech has the Ice Biome, which looks sort of like water.
The ships in this thread would probably be able to "sail" on the Ice and have battles with the land Techs while not looking out of place.
It is such a coincidence I created this before the Ice Biome was announced!:)

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Is it just me or is the AI incapable of moving both forward and turning at the same time
^player analogue would be holding down w and d

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Last version was not tested outside R&D:

Mk II swapped out some hawkeye bike wheels for gso hub wheels for better traction. Can now generally handle itself in salt flats
Glasgow2.png

Last edited:
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Is it just me or is the AI incapable of moving both forward and turning at the same time
^player analogue would be holding down w and d
The "Destroyer" Tech above is Enemy AI compatible (even works with player AI too, just don't expect it to work after being bombed successively), and will orbit properly while attacking.;)
It works by use of the hover bug.

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
The "Destroyer" Tech above is Enemy AI compatible (even works with player AI too, just don't expect it to work after being bombed successively), and will orbit properly while attacking.;)
It works by use of the hover bug.
Pretty sure only reason it works as well as it does is because AI doesn't know how to hold w + a, and only holds a. Somehow your destroyer is able to make a turn, moving both forward and turning when someone presses a.

^Is that what the sideways wheel hubs do?

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Pretty sure only reason it works as well as it does is because AI doesn't know how to hold w + a, and only holds a. Somehow your destroyer is able to make a turn, moving both forward and turning when someone presses a.

^Is that what the sideways wheel hubs do?
Yep, combined with the hovers makes a very useful forward using effect on the Tech, hence the Destroyer moves like a ship, and the hovers at the back let the back sway when turning like how the destroyers in WOWS work.

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Yep, combined with the hovers makes a very useful forward using effect on the Tech, hence the Destroyer moves like a ship, and the hovers at the back let the back sway when turning like how the destroyers in WOWS work.
ah WOWS. Speaking of, your makeshift torpedoes feel like WOWS torpedoes post-nerf.
0 range, 0 damage.

Methinks missiles need a buff

Masakari

I have an aircraft carrier coming soon.....
Same here once I can get the design locked down with some new things I have learned over the last month or so.

Along with my fleshed out hover landship (if you know of it would this be allowed and fit with this theme?). Man I so want the control update to happen ASAP as THAT is the only reason why I have put that one on the back burner or to storage if you will (same goes for my carrier)....haven't even looked at them in months.