Cheap Basic Scouting Plane

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by GamerParrish, Jul 27, 2018.

1. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been getting back into Terratech lately. And I've come across the issue where I need to move to see new biomes, reduce lag, and find new resources.

And I want to go a long distance.

I've set up a temporary base but farther out I want to make a permanent base.

Also, the quickest way to travel is by plane.

And I'm out of rhythm (Not to mention I was never good with planes) which makes every plane either too expensive (Incase I get shot down) or it becomes unbalanced and unusable.

So if anyone has a cheap plane that I can easily use (Maximum 50K BBs or below) please post it down below.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  2. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

You can refer to the Flight Academy by @Nightblade Greyswandir or TT flying tutorials for more stable plane building details.

Some cheap scout planes below.

Attached Files:

the.nihilist likes this.
  3. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

I nicknamed it the crapbird because it handles badly and looks derpy. But, if you want an early-game scout plane, this will work.
    SS01_Budgie_E2.png

This one handles better while still being an early-game plane.
    SM02_Pigeon_E1.png

If you have a Venture license, this will be cheapest plane of the bunch, plus it handles better.
    SS03_Moth_A1.png

#3 Potato, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Zed, Lord Zarnox and Galrex like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

If were going tiny (but fairly high level) I made this yesterday, as it happens (posted to workshop):

ZG MicroPlane1.png

Does 130mph continuously. Based on the same, smallest wing configuration as Lathrix's little stunt plane for a year back (as Potato used above too).

Lord Zarnox and Galrex like this.
  5. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much! I'll be sure to use these!

6. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

Here's one
    Spy Plane.png
    Just use shift to get to a proper altitude and after that you can glide for a while

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  7. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

3 Cheap basic planes attached below.

The "Cheapest Scout" Will fly, however needs to land in order to turn (in build beam) yet is quite possibly the absolute cheapest tech able to fly.

The Vent - GSO Glider is a variant that require a hill for take off but will turn mid-flight unlike cheapest scout.

The Grade 3 GSO Scout is probably the most expensive of the three; however is also the first most likely to be able to be built by the player during typical campaign play.

A fourth is available as part of the Community Core Showcase #2 here

For Later Campaign when cash / blocks are no longer an issue I would highly recommend the Venture 199 which can be found here or its larger shielded version (Venture 191) here

Attached Files:

Galrex, ZeroGravitas and Lord Zarnox like this.
  8. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

If you are going for smallest size, you can use a GSO cab, a gyro behind it, with an attachment point on the top, then a five way steering hover above the cab, and a Venture pinwheel propeller above the gyro.
    It doesn't have terribly good horizontal movement speed, but it can take off from almost anywhere, and is both agile and difficult to hit.
    No snapshot because I still can't use my computer.

9. Mehve

Mehve Well-Known Member

Another quick and dirty option is to use the plane you're given in the initialo flight mission. Remove the front propeller, add a single Venture block to the very front, replace the prop. This tweaks the weight distribution so that it doesn't keep nosing up so severely.

Galrex, Lord Zarnox and Zed like this.