Channeled wireless charger for Better future

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
That doesn't work.
If I'm interpreting the suggestion correctly...

So, something like wireless charger, that we can point in some direction. It has little range, but really long distance, this will make it possible to deliver energy to and from sky bases
A non-circular charger (cone-like) with a large radius.

Like the difference between a Megaton Cannon and a Big Bertha.

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
I imagined it as a constant energy beam in a fixed direction, which would be interesting for transfering energy over long distances to static targets.

Captain Load

I imagined it as a constant energy beam in a fixed direction, which would be interesting for transfering energy over long distances to static targets.
I kind of like this concept. You'd need some type of receiver as well, obviously, and the real issue would be lining up the beam. What if the projector was on a turret and could "lock on" to the nearest receiver within range? I'd say the max range would be about 30% of the farthest distance at which techs are normally active. In co-op it would probably be anywhere within the red ring. Then you could just attach more projector turrets to techs and create a relay system. Here's the big problem, though: right now only the part of the world that's relatively near you is active. The rest is basically hibernating and "wakes up" when you start traveling through it. So parts of this power system that were beyond your active zone would essentially be idle.

Last edited:
Website
www.youtube.com
The rest is basically hibernating and "wakes up" when you start traveling through it. So parts of this power system that were beyond your active zone would essentially be idle.
What if once a connection was established the power relays would load the blocks connected to the initial one and link them to the final output so it would permanently load the tech producing power as well as the final tech in the chain, with the rest needed to create the connection.

gwlegion

that could be great in various situations. multi tech, power lines...
high range and power transmission, but only work between one emitter and one receptor on the same channel.

for power line,first tech receive on channel 1,emit on channel 2
second one receive on channel 2 emit on channel 3....

or we can add something like a charge blocker, that deny the tech to be charged by others distant chargers.