Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like this.

• How preposterous!

• Total voters

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Let's face it, the gauges in this game are inaccurate, we just need to admit it. You have a power gauge that has all five lights solid lit, Terra Tech is saying "Your battery is somewhere between 90 and 100% full. I hate that. The fuel gauges with three lights is even vaguer. We need to either change the HUD display from blinky lights to a percentage, or add a seperate gauge that does the same thing. So here's my suggestion: Add gauges to all the corps so people can build their purist builds, and make either all gauges or just the Better Future ones add a HUD display that shows you fuel and power levels as a percentage down to the hundredths place. For example, instead of all lights solid on a fuel display, show 100.00% and instead of two lights solid and one blinking on a battery display, show 53.45% so you can actually see how fast your batteries are charging. Please add this one, it will make our lives that much better. Thank you for listening, and feel free to give feedback.

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Let's face it, the gauges in this game are inaccurate, we just need to admit it. You have a power gauge that has all five lights solid lit, Terra Tech is saying "Your battery is somewhere between 90 and 100% full. I hate that. The fuel gauges with three lights is even vaguer. We need to either change the HUD display from blinky lights to a percentage, or add a seperate gauge that does the same thing. So here's my suggestion: Add gauges to all the corps so people can build their purist builds, and make either all gauges or just the Better Future ones add a HUD display that shows you fuel and power levels as a percentage down to the hundredths place. For example, instead of all lights solid on a fuel display, show 100.00% and instead of two lights solid and one blinking on a battery display, show 53.45% so you can actually see how fast your batteries are charging. Please add this one, it will make our lives that much better. Thank you for listening, and feel free to give feedback.
Yes pls

TheGamingEnder

Founded ZTech and BlackWing, Chief of N.A.S.F-01
Nov 2, 2018
moving across the Off World like a nomad
this needs to be done in the next update

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
add a HUD display that shows you fuel and power levels as a percentage down to the hundredths place.
I think I'd find this distracting, to have a number constantly ticking up/down. Could look cluttered to, not in keeping with the TT aesthetic.

Anyway, a precise percentage number, alone, is not that meaningful compared to stating an absolute quantity of charge. In conjuction with a number for charge consumption per second, that might give a much better feel for how quickly your batteries are (dis)charging. Handy for tech design as well as situational awareeness. (But again, too cluttered and distracting to be always on as a UI element.)

Reactions: Nerf Craft

Wassaup

Apr 28, 2019
I think I'd find this distracting, to have a number constantly ticking up/down. Could look cluttered to, not in keeping with the TT aesthetic.

Anyway, a precise percentage number, alone, is not that meaningful compared to stating an absolute quantity of charge. In conjuction with a number for charge consumption per second, that might give a much better feel for how quickly your batteries are (dis)charging. Handy for tech design as well as situational awareeness. (But again, too cluttered and distracting to be always on as a UI element.)
Hmmm... a new feature for the RnD chamber, perhaps?

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018

Toggle switch for the UI element so it can be disabled when desired?

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Anyway, a precise percentage number, alone, is not that meaningful compared to stating an absolute quantity of charge. In conjuction with a number for charge consumption per second, that might give a much better feel for how quickly your batteries are (dis)charging.
The problem with stating an absolute quantity is that when you have 1102 Better Future Batteries on your ship you see a very LARGE number, and that can take a long time to read. If the gauge shows 100% percent only when totally full than you have an accurate picture even though it's approximate. With the large number it can take time to read and calculate how full you are, but with a percentage you can take a quick glance at your numbers and instantly determine if it's safe to continue fighting. It would also be ideal to use percentages when testing as you can measure how long it takes to charge your batteries or how much damage you can take before total power failure. Also if each corp's gauge behaved differently that would allow for both our ideas to work.(Better Future being the percentages.)

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Well, the gauge for total energy would have to measure only one battery, since they are all equally charged. For drain rate I think you can look at the duration of that one battery too since draining happens equally over all batteries.
In other words, for the amount of energy it has, the fraction of draining it is getting or how fast it is depleting, you can get the %s and rates you want with high accuracy. And if you use different batteries, doesn't matters, it's all in %s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerf Craft