Change Colour Blocks Stats to Venture

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by streak1, Feb 12, 2018.

1. streak1

streak1 Well-Known Member Canary Beta Deluxe Wiki Mod Streak1 Old Banners

Currently, all of the Colour Blocks (and Flesh Tone Blocks) are based off of the GSO One Block. Same health, same weight, even the same model. They are just retextures for making fancy structures.

The more I build techs with them, the more I realize this can be problematic. When building bigger techs with colour blocks, it can get really heavy really fast. If you are doing simple sculptures or making ground techs, this is fine, since weight isn't much of an issue. But if you want to make anything fast or make it fly, this weight can be a huge issue. The blocks make it hard to lift the tech, but you don't want to remove blocks and ruin the look.

I mean, look at all the blocks in this:
    [​IMG]

It isn't solid. It's completely hollowed out, and half of the inside is filled up with hover bug stuff. Still isn't floating. A bit annoying.

Instead of basing them off of GSO, I think they should be based off of Venture. Colour blocks are there for aesthetics only, so it makes sense for them to be light and weak like Venture's blocks. Making them really light would make building flying sculptures a lot easier, since weight wouldn't be as much of an issue. Basing them off of the Venture Standard Block would be fine, but making them light like a 6 AP bracket would be even better.

2. Jaime

Jaime Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Yeah, that would make it really easier for us. I like the idea.
    It was a pain in the X to build and balance my airships and the Planet Express Ship.

But i liked the challenge :D

3. Fehn

Fehn Well-Known Member IFTTES

Or, instead of changing the stats of the color blocks, add (arbitrary) color blocks for each corporation.

And then color blocks can be fabricated, too!

4. Bøømik

Bøømik Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe TAC IFTTES Kebab Kingdom Strike I

And also make them square and not rounded, along with slopes.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  5. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe IFTTES UESO

Why is there no gun turret on top?

JimmyBlether likes this.
  6. Jaime

Jaime Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

I originally had a cannon on it, but I did not think it looked good. It bothered the view. ;]

JimmyBlether likes this.
  7. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS Developer Designer

Hey All, the GSO One Block has 250HP and weighs 1 (we don't specify a unit, it's just 1). The Venture One Block has 225HP and weighs 0.75, so there is not a whole lot in it, with regards to those two Blocks. I can make this change, but as the colour blocks look exactly like the GSO One Block, would it not make sense that they behave like one? (If it looks like a chicken...) I don't think quadrupling the number of colour blocks (a set for each Corp) or to try to assign them all unique recipes are such good ideas either, both of those things have a cost.

Is this really a change that we need? I feel like there is greater value in keeping the values matching the visuals.

8. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe IFTTES UESO

Maybe have a heavier colour block variant, with a different model, and maybe an armored texture (something like metal plating, or just GSO armour style bolts), so that we can at least have some alternative to balance aesthetics and functionality. If this is made, the colour should be slightly darker, to make it easier to differentiate, especially in the inventory.

Fehn likes this.
  9. streak1

streak1 Well-Known Member Canary Beta Deluxe Wiki Mod Streak1 Old Banners

Oh. Didn't realize they were that similar. Still, it could just as easily mimic a bracket or something.

Just because they share the same model doesn't mean they have to act the same. The GSO One block is grey and metallic, it looks like it could take a bit of damage. The color blocks are, well, colorful, look like toys. You could just say they are hollow or something.

The point is that the color blocks get heavy, and it would be better if they were lighter so they can be used in more projects. IDK what block they should mimic to accomplish this, since they have to be balanced, but I think it would be better if they were changed.

But then we would have a ton of extra blocks to sift through. I think the set we have now is plenty. Plus, adding more would just make getting the ones you want harder.

10. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Get Rrrrekt

Maybe to have half blocks along existing ones would be enough.
    And make cube ones weigh .5 and half ones .25 with half strength (or maybe set it to 200), as Streak said they look like plastic toys. These are esthetic blocks.
    @zanzistar please make the changes.

11. and they could all be in a seperate tab

12. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe TAC IFTTES

The "Special" section is a good section for them to be in as that section has all of the decorative blocks.

I mean, the colour blocks are only going to be used for decoration and not combat, so why not make them lighter and weaker? It's a very easy change to make and it makes sense. It's not about changing the model, it's about just changing the stats, which is really easy to do. The colour blocks may be the same shape as the GSO one block, but they do still look like toy blocks and any player who sees one would expect it to be weaker than a GSO one block.