Can Venture big fuel tank be redesigned...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

Can Venture big fuel tank be redesigned to have more connection points? As it is now it is least used blocks as it takes lot of space and actually lock that space for any additional use.

I was thinking to make pure venture jet but this just mess with any useful idea. Maybe if it can be made so that small venture jet can be placed on one end of cylindrical shape, so if it is attached under wing we can at least add jet on one end of it.

2. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

3. Fehn

Fehn Ambitious Machine

I don't see a legitimate issue here.

It may be inconvenient to use, but that's also how most fuel tanks work, with the exception of Hawkeye's.

4. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

HE is only fuel tank that make sense. As by default fuel tanks are internal elements on vehicles, and both GSO and Venture tanks are external by design. I do not use any other but HE fuel tanks for that reason. Just this time i wanted to make pure Venture plane and i see that not as challenging because of restrictions but frustrating. We can make nice planes in venture style just if we do not try to make them as jet planes. These connection points restrictions on Venture do not make Venture challenging but make that nobody want to use some of the blocks.
    Venture corporation should be about light but efficient and fast designs, and in RL it is about optimization of components used in design. F1 in RL is all about maxed efficiency, not about restricting how many bolts or screws can be used in design.
    And big fuel tank in Venture is nicely designed so two connection points can be added to both sides of cylinder reservoir part.

Random Spaceship likes this.
  5. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER