Can somebody help with proof-testing my project tech?

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
**The testing have finished! The WIP snapshot is taken down.

I've just about finished making somewhat of a "swan song" tech, taking about a week of work lol
It might not be THE last tech I do, but it's meant to be THE tech that could represent my time playing this game, so I want it to be polished before it's up.
I'm pretty sure I'm too burnt out to spot shortcomings and oversights now, so could someone play with it to see things are working right?
I'd appreciate any feedback at all! Thanks in advance. (snapshot included)

So to get into what this tech is...

It's an antigrav cruiser type thing that can pretty much do anything except housing other techs. Some of the features are:
1.Firepower for any conflict - Just about beats the Naval Challenge winner set to AI(Sorry Darkstar076, but with both of them as AI, mine would have no chance)
2.No Hoverbug since it has been buggy recently, and a ton of adjusters for a snappy handling
3.An All-Crafting Loop with all the storage one may need
4.Can scrap EVERYTHING from compressed chunks to enemy blocks
5.Furnace generators to burn chunks, fuel or not. Components that are filtered in will be filtered back out to the main loop.
6.Harvesting tools down below to get resources without firing all weapons(by "boop-ing")
7.SCUs at the back to store fabricated blocks and things

*Controls are like a plane, but it turns by Yaw. Roll is set to Q&E. Arrow keys for Strafe and Altitude. Use PgDn to back up when needed.
285920_20201221180924_1.png

*Edit - Found a flaw with the refinery clogging up with excess chunk input. Gonna put a conveyor in for that.

Last edited:

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
All Good chief - Truth be told, there was a degree of luck involved. The Terra Bull was venerable to sticky bombs :p
Eyyy that's cool of you! Also modest, since the massive battery life and sustained dps made me feel glad I was away when the challenge was happening. I tested sticky bombs while doing this build, and it seems they are really underpowered for how slow the projectiles are. I don't think you would have had trouble unless about 3 of them landed close to each other lol Maybe they should get a little boost of damage and projectile speed.

Thanks for the compliment, too. It benefits greatly from the new skins, really. Thank god we have a cross-corp matching skin now lol might be nice if venture got a red theme to fit in, though.

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
I don't think you would have had trouble unless about 3 of them landed close to each other lol
Yeap, your spot on, in the opening exchange I repeatedly saw 2-3 sticky bombs land on or near the thermal exhaust port . . then boom.
But your right, the slow projectile speed makes them hard to use - be nice if they had some sort of tracking similar to the mortar.

Unfortunately, I have no feedback at this point for this beautiful behemoth, since I have not had a chance to download the tech (or play terra tech for that matter) so I am looking forward to giving this a shakedown cruise.

Quick question though: Even though you said it can not house other techs, is there any chance that it can have space to have a cutter sitting on the top deck. (and by Cutter I mean a small compact hover bugged tech to swap to when you quickly want to collect a crate or some such)

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
Yeap, your spot on, in the opening exchange I repeatedly saw 2-3 sticky bombs land on or near the thermal exhaust port . . then boom.
But your right, the slow projectile speed makes them hard to use - be nice if they had some sort of tracking similar to the mortar.
Lol it actually happened eh? That said, I guess they might end up being the meta if they could track or do more damage. Maybe I should have gone with the three sticky bomb up top as I did at first. It looked ugly tho :D This calls for a super maneuverable ship build that will dance around big behemoths and plague them with stickies.

Regarding housing ships on the deck, It could definitely sit a tech behind the AA Gun if it isn't too heavy. Not exactly a runway, but it also has hoverpads(turned off by default) built in to keep the ship from getting too close to the ground. That might help it when little fliers land on it, too. For crates, though, one might as well stick the tech's butt towards the crate and use its bottom SCU to suck everything up?

If the fabricators could be placed sideways though... I would have definitely put a helipad or something up top, and have the fabs go where the silos are. A shame.

Last edited: