Campaign Techs Thread

MrTwister

Apr 22, 2017
Not sure if we had this before, but here I am suggesting posting useful techs for campaign play that will make grind, missions, licensing and obtaining parts, easier quicker, better, more fun :).

You can post anything that crawls, rolls, jumps, flies, explodes, crafts, mines, (...insert your favorite action here...)

Now the main criteria will be that you need to put minimum required licenses in the description, any EXP parts required, what the tech is good (or bad) for and how quickly/easily one is obtainable.

Me personally - I am currently looking for a simple, crude, effective and resilient crafting
base that can be obtained as quickly as possible. I want something that is stationary, has significant/large chunk storage capacity, is a fast crafter, and can craft all corps for all license levels, but is at the same time compact, and as easy/early to obtain as possible. If you have some crafting base like that, you will have my gratitude :)

By the way I already have my cathedral, super-endgame giant crafting base, you may still share yours though, however I am really looking for something simple crude and fast at the moment. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardvark123

MrTwister

Apr 22, 2017
Just to start off I wanted to share several cool starter trucks that I use in my playthroughs very early till mid and even lategame with upgrades.

An early campaign explorer v4 for mining, missions, fights and hauling loot. GSO2 and GEO1 licenses. Very useful very early. Anchorable, self recharge, magnets. Can be obtained in the first 30 minutes of playing easily.

BV GSO Explorer V4.png

Same as above, but upgraded V5 version with faster wheels and rockets:
It is quite speedy - I have personally completed Venture 900m in 45 seconds race in it without breaking a sweat, despite it being a truck.
Purely a GSO-3 license. You can get one within 60 minutes of starting a new campaign, once you unlock your first GSO SCU.

BV GSO Explorer V5.png

MrTwister

Apr 22, 2017
A heavier type of starter truck with EXP Angled Plasmas:

The advantages are a hefty ground clearance, speed, affordability, however to anchor it you need to manually move the anchor into position at the back.
It is more expensive that the previous one with more batteries on board, however it can haul a fair bit more chunks too and is extremely upgradeable.

The first two iterations are GSO-2 and GSO-3 (+ EXP Plasma), I have also attached the lategame upgrades with Venture and Hawk parts.
This tech can stay viable for a very long time and be a real workhorse through missions and mining alike. It can be obtained probably in an hour or two of a new campaign, depending how quickly you can get batteries, 2x EXP Plasmas and 8 Bumper Wheels.

A real Jack of All Trades, showing how cheap but powerful GSO can be. In case you are concerned - yes, it has more than 1 cab.

BVM GSO Truck MK1.png

BVM GSO Truck MK2.png

BVM GSO Truck MK5.png