Campaign Multiplayer Functionality thoughts

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by WhitePaw2002, Apr 12, 2018.

1. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

Everyone spawns 250 to 1000 meters apart or so. Everyone has their own inventory, and everyone has their own wealth & licenses. They can share blocks and wealth by sharing them physically (wealth by buying resources that can be sold)

The host and clients each process their own portion of the map when far. Periodically sending packets to make sure that the host can save the data, or sending it all at once when exiting or at time intervals. When together, they still process their own portion, but the data is immediate.

The minimap will need an upgrade to handle showing nearby players properly. (special icons?)

UI for factions / individual friends (friends override factions) (friends / same faction can interact such as allies can) (Cannot instantly attack others when leaving faction)

...Post your ideas below!

2. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

If they add Campaign MP all of the kingdoms could gain wealth and fight against each other in a super-server and not just role-play it out in the forums.

Benbacon likes this.
  3. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Make teams a toggleable option, so we can either play coop with friends or play against each other.

4. {insert_name_here}

{insert_name_here} [REDACTED]

Also, there should be an option to make an SCU a “Shared SCU” with a separate, shared inventory which is accessible by everyone on the same team/faction or by people who have been “invited” to use it.

Lord Zarnox and AstraTheDragon like this.
  5. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

Trading Stations allow the safest way of trading blocks with other players.

and monies

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  6. {insert_name_here}

Maybe trading stations could have a radius around them where nobody can be harmed, no enemies (AI enemies) can spawn and no anchored blocks can be placed/no techs can be anchored. And maybe players could use trading stations to trade blocks with other players or “auction” blocks (if you’ve played factions on Minecraft, you know what I mean by auction).

7. TheAlmightyBread

TheAlmightyBread Well-Known Member

The invulnerability radius sounds like a bad idea. I can see that being abused very easily. But a TerraTech MMO does sound fun.

8. TheAlmightyBread

TheAlmightyBread Well-Known Member

Good ideas, though having player hosted servers only might be a problem. TerraTech doesn't have a huge audience as it is, and self hosting would undoubtedly make the multiplayer audience smaller.

9. Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels

Icarus_The_King_Of_Angels S H I N Y Mad Scientist

I'm sure I'm not the only one who anchors at trade stations to charge while browsing blocks and missions.....

10. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I always thought they should add the ability to sell blocks (at a reduced rate) back in. How does one buy blocks from a market if nobody can sell anything to it? :terrathonk:

11. Bandit_312

Bandit_312 Member

Yeah, no anchors sounds bad, especially if people would spend lots of time around it being social and draining their batteries. When they go outside the bubble to anchor and recharge, what would stop campers from turning them to dust?
    There needs to be some sort of anti camping mechanic, that would prevent campers. I have no idea how, however as everything I think of is retarded.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. {insert_name_here}

But if anchoring was enabled, you would see campers, as you mentioned, who would build bases in this ring of invulnerability and possibly block others from accessing the trading stations.

Perhaps you can only anchor near a trade station for a maximum of 5 minutes? And after that there could maybe be a 30 minute cooldown where you can't anchor a tech near that trade station for half an hour.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  13. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

An option on a trading station or Tech that could be used-

"shockwave"
    Pushes all other nearby Techs away, even causing some to flip over.

Jump to Trading Station
    A teleport option to jump to another trading station (when by one) selected on the fuller Large Map (which should be implemented by then). This would also heavily discourage building by Trading Stations.

14. {insert_name_here}

I don't know, because it takes away the challenge of actually getting to a trading station.

15. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

Another idea:
    Summon Turret Joe
    Turret Joe is invulnerable, and any Tech within some range that stays for longer than 10 minutes will be targeted and destroyed by Turret Joe for "blocking the Trading Station" or "loitering on GSO property". This would also heavily discourage building by Trading Stations.
    The player that outstays his welcome will be warned to leave the area by Turret Joe or be terminated by force.

16. Bandit_312

Bandit_312 Member

This turret joe idea would work, but it would be better if it was mobile and programmed to stay within the proposed bubble. Whatever happens i don't recommend it being summoned by players, i foresee chaos. Also it should have immense damage so large players cannot ignore joe.

Legionite and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  17. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

TERRAWARS!

18. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

We should have an option to disable turret joe when making a server, because sometimes ravaged territories are fun to play in. These could also be called "anarchy" servers, as that is how anarchy servers in minecraft usually end up. For those who don't know, an anarchy server is (in minecraft) a server where there are literaly no rules, even hacks are allowed(not saying anarchy TT servers should allow hacks).

Legionite likes this.
  19. Soviet_Samuelson

if
    you log out inside of turret joe's radius, then you should be teleported outside of his radius upon relogging

Legionite likes this.
  20. Soviet_Samuelson

I remember once when i was in a faction server, i had quite a bit of gear, but they gave me more. they instantly kicked me out of the faction and killed me, and on that server it's hard to get gear due to spawn safety