Building?

IdontRuin

May 27, 2015
I've been campaigning for stone wall blocks ofr a while now.

no response.

not 'yes' not 'no', not anything.
You got blocks that can be used as wall, use them.
You got armor blocks that can make that wall feel like a wall, use them.

Let me think this through in your place for a second..
Considering how most of the techs are equipped with mining equipment.. I don't feel like stone walls would do anything mention worthy here.. not to mention they would feel out if place.. like REALLY OUT OF PLACE.

I would prefer some scrapheap-barricades or limited energy fields, basically anything that would actually make sense in a setting like this..

Building.building must be added i.e house, factory, castle, walls , statues,etc
Building can be added this will probably make the game more fun :) hope this will be added soon
Again.. build them yourself, then tweet them if they are good they can get into the population.
(and into the game, once they add in random base-encounters)

Reactions: zanzistar

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
You got blocks that can be used as wall, use them.
You got armor blocks that can make that wall feel like a wall, use them.

Let me think this through in your place for a second..
Considering how most of the techs are equipped with mining equipment.. I don't feel like stone walls would do anything mention worthy here.. not to mention they would feel out if place.. like REALLY OUT OF PLACE.

I would prefer some scrapheap-barricades or limited energy fields, basically anything that would actually make sense in a setting like this..

Again.. build them yourself, then tweet them if they are good they can get into the population.
(and into the game, once they add in random base-encounters)
The point about the stone blocks was that they be tough and rootable, and available early on.
As a sturdy and cheap defensive option, rather than the ever-present shields everywhere.
Which you can only do one you have large amounts of cash, or the right stockpiles of resources.

You can only put armour on them (which is fiddly) when you have encountered them (fairly well into the game).

Most rocks are smaller than the blocks i envision, and they take some work to get rid of.
so they do not necessarily have to be weak.
nor would they be out of place if they're tough.

no, i don't think big (Geo long-block sized) grey stone blocks would look out of place amidst the grass and grey stone boulders.
and certainly less out of place than huge bright yellow blocks.

Scrap heap barricades have their place.
When you have scrap.
which you don't, early in the game.
nor do you have shields.

Basically, i want some big sturdy blocks for defending my base, early on, that aren't bright yellow.

Reactions: zanzistar and Coder

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
A variant of shields that I would like to add to the game is energy walls. Something a bit like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=E...Do4CQBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=1xeGdKan9vUAMM:

You would build one and power it, then take a post and anchor it a short distance away and a wall would form between them. You'd have to keep them powered like regular shields, but you could start to build up defences like that.

As for stone walls and that sort of thing, our direction with bases has usually been along the lines of an open air central hub point, at least for the time being. But I do see the value of enabling the construction of larger structures at some point too.

Aug 13, 2014
Germany
A variant of shields that I would like to add to the game is energy walls. Something a bit like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Energy+wall&espv=2&biw=1151&bih=871&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7gydVduFMoa2-QHDo4CQBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=1xeGdKan9vUAMM:

You would build one and power it, then take a post and anchor it a short distance away and a wall would form between them. You'd have to keep them powered like regular shields, but you could start to build up defences like that.
Looks good! Would fit into the game too :)

As for stone walls and that sort of thing, our direction with bases has usually been along the lines of an open air central hub point, at least for the time being. But I do see the value of enabling the construction of larger structures at some point too.
Heck yeah :eek:

Reactions: Jamie and Coder

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Energy+wall&espv=2&biw=1151&bih=871&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7gydVduFMoa2-QHDo4CQBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=1xeGdKan9vUAMM:

Would definetly love seeing energy walls in the game. As for the stone blocks they would be a good way to use up rocks that have no other use. Stone blocks would fit early game with the gso parts to fill in the early absence of shields and armor also adding another block or two to play with.

Variety is the spice of life as the old saying goes.

Just a thought

Have a good one

Reactions: Coder

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015

You missed something:

After all, how are we going to stop the pillars being blown up?

Though, all joking aside, i like the idea.
Though, 10 mins after release, i'm going to mod it to look like this:

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
Now, there is a problem with the energy wall.

energy.

Batteries are only found after you take out the bases. or only craftable after the same.
Unless you get lucky.

Which means they need to be un-powered to be any use during the start of the game.

Because even if you attach them to a solar, you're going to need one solar per tower. and that's something not affordable during the start of the game.

I still like the idea, but here's my suggestion:

Have them be one-sided. So that the energy wall lies outside the pillar, and protects the pillar.
Have them be impenetrable. so as long as they have energy, they are indestructible.
don't put a roof on them.
Have the pillars be fragile.
have them be expensive, late game items.

Why?
because it makes for a cool-looking, interesting defensive option.
It generally protects areas you want defended, but can still be dealt with.
making them a late-ish game item means that costs for batteries/solars/whatever isn't so much of an issue.

To beat it:
you can batter down the wall with your monster tech.
you can jump over it with your cool venture hopper unit.
you can fly over it.
and once you're on the inside, you can blow up the pillar to let your other units in.
and then of course, there are the shield-buster weapons.

Reactions: Coder and reaperx1

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
well I got an like from jamie. Is that enough?
I can't speak FOR @Jamie, but i would say 'no.'

He might like your idea.
Or your phrasing.
Or the niceness of your post.
or have clicked the button by mistake.

Plus he's the community manager, not the coder/designer/god.
he does other stuff besides stream and answer posts, but while i'm sure everyone listens to what he has to say, i don't think his word is law.

So if he says 'Russ loves your idea. We are totally doing this!' then it will probably happen.
but pressing the 'like' button isn't quite the same.

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
Azirahael: 11107 said:
I can't speak FOR @Jamie, but i would say 'no.'

He might like your idea.
Or your phrasing.
Or the niceness of your post.
or have clicked the button by mistake.

Plus he's the community manager, not the coder/designer/god.
he does other stuff besides stream and answer posts, but while i'm sure everyone listens to what he has to say, i don't think his word is law.

So if he says 'Russ loves your idea. We are totally doing this!' then it will probably happen.
but pressing the 'like' button isn't quite the same.
u mad bro or something? I just asked

Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
It's my job to pass on your thoughts to the team. If I like your post, it probably means I like the idea, have passed it on, or I just think you're a real kewl dude ;)