Building Undiscovered Blocks in Fabricators

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gayvid`, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Gayvid`

Gayvid` Yes, I'm a well-known member

Can we have the availability to make blocks we haven't discovered in fabricators cause they really have no use as payload terminals absolutely put the fabricators in the trash?

2. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

You can already build Blocks from the Grade above wherever you are in the game. But yeah, Crafting could be more powerful. Not sure we'll unlock it all at this point. We'll have to see.

AstraTheDragon and Gayvid` like this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

You mean, undiscovered blocks of the same grade... (e.g. you can't craft Megatons at GSO grade 4.)

Definitely sensible to wait until it's no longer totally broken before encouraging it.:p;)

4. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Oh Bum. I've just checked and you're right, I'll get it switched back to how it used to be. You're supposed to be able to craft Blocks from the grade above your current one. We'll get it sorted out. Cheers!

the.nihilist and AstraTheDragon like this.
  5. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Nice. I think that will definitely will boost crafting's popularity. For the time being, though I hate to admit it, it would be much less hassle to raise the funds and buy a block instead of traveling to find resources then craft it. This won't fix that, but at least we'll be able to make higher tier-stuff. Thanks Zanzistar and anybody else involved!

6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

o_O
    o_O
    Huh. O...K...

That really is going to make crafting a lot more powerful.:eek:

.... And my most recent YouTube episode's info outdated, of course (always was risky).

... And the planned one significantly impacted: I'd just hit GSO level 4, I was going to show how to remove blocks you can't access from workshop techs, so as to load my Perhonen Compressed (All) Crafter ahead of level 5. But I won't need to now. Can just make the parts.:confused: And then Big Berthas, Hover Steers and Missiles for drones, etc, all at once...

...And all the Venture end-game blocks too come to think of it (seeing as I'd quickly leveled up Venture to level 2 to get their Fab)! Mass produced Avalanches = game over. (And it was too easy as it was, now trivial.:oops:)

You'll be able to craft all the main crafting blocks about a level and a half ahead of the Crafty Mike missions, too (after exploring for the resources)... Will make crafting a worthwhile speed-running mechanic, for sure!:)

Any idea how quick that will come through in an update? Just a quick setting change from yourself, so in the next unstable?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018