Build mode is lacking

john10112

This game is $25.00 and is based around fantasy combat where you get to build your own battle machines. Its been in development for years and features take forever to be added despite the creators making bank on this game.

Anyways, Build mode needs to be improved. As someone with 17+ Terra Tech Items, I have spent a lot of time in build mode.

Here is what the game is missing:
  • No freecam - can't fly around your build independent of the build itself
  • No click and drag to place - making large platforms takes forever.
  • No mass delete,
  • No ability to copy and paste,
  • Bubble Shields are ugly and their is no way to change their opacity.
  • Lack of blocks for corners or custom angles
  • Game is built in unity, which makes anything over simple games laggy because it only uses one computer core (my computer has eight cores)
  • The annoying red placement dots blind me half the time (night)
  • Creators never listen to community and can't even add the simplistic features. We have been asking for shield opacity for years now and what have we got? Nothing!
Despite this, the creators charge a couple dollars for a boring flat testing word with the same build mode as normal with disappointing experimental parts that never get put in the game for months/years.

Let me guess, 0 replies?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Build mode needs to be improved.
The devs actually ran a suggestion mega-thread, 6 months back, specifically asking for suggested enhancements to build beam mode: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-build-beam-thread.17653/

And there've been hints that we may be about to get the results of this in the upcoming unstable patches. The build beam steering has already been changed recently.

• No mass delete,
  • No ability to copy and paste,
Good suggestions.:)

Bubble Shields are ugly and their is no way to change their opacity.
You can disable them (without discharging tech), using the Better Future power controller block. And they've said they plan to bring these controllers to other corps, too. I know many others would still like opacity settings, too, but I'm fine with it as is, personally.

Although, it would be helpful if regen bubbles highlighted the blocks that they are able to heal when you click-hold them in place.:cool:

Lack of blocks for corners or custom angles
The devs are working on new ancgled edges/corners for Hawkeye, right now, I believe.:) But maybe you mean more general purpose, proceedural shapes, or something..?

We have been asking for shield opacity for years now and what have we got? Nothing!
Not true, we finally got an anchoring hotkey last update, after 2 years of everyone asking for it, lol! There are a fair few other examples, to be fair. I'm also feeling a shift back towards adding new features/changes/etc, with the expanded dev/coder team settled in, now, and initial console development done.

john10112

You can disable them (without discharging tech), using the Better Future power controller block. And they've said they plan to bring these controllers to other corps, too. I know many others would still like opacity settings, too, but I'm fine with it as is, personally.
I would like opacity setting so I can still see my tech while it is protected. I do use the controller, but when normally displaying my tech I can show it has bubbles without disabling them.