Build mode change similar to the Robocraft game.

eggbladder

Mar 30, 2024
Hello!
I hate when im rebuilding my tech slightly, and i have a piece thats connecting the two halfs of my tech together, but i want to replace it, and having every single piece fall off. I think itd be a cool idea to do something like this.
When you remove an essential piece that connects two halves of your tech together, the half that would normally just collapse should turn red, when in build mode. It would stay there, but be red and "off limits". When you exit build mode, all of those red pieces would fall to the ground. However, if you replace that piece that you removed to where the pieces are reconnected, your tech is fine and the pieces turn back to their normal colors.
I think this would be a good QOL change.

Reactions: harpo99999

Bazzietuk

Sep 7, 2019
Totally agree here it needs a rethink on the build mode. I've had the same thing myself, remove one part and it collapses completely and not being able to replace a part burried in a build without having to remove dozens of parts attached to it first then rebuilding the whole section again. It's a pain as well when you have saved designs but because they're missing one part you place the build and it collapses immediately.

Some type of pause or not available to be used marker until it's fixed in game should be put in place so you can deploy a build but not control it until it's complete or modified but then give you the chance to modify it or switch to it to fix it.

I'm guessing you can do this in the R&D section of the game so it's available in game but it doesn't help if you have limited blocks in game to choose from whereas every block in the game is available in R&D mode.

Reactions: harpo99999

John enthny

Apr 15, 2024
Hello!
I hate when im rebuilding my tech slightly, and i have a piece thats connecting the two halfs of my tech together, but i want to replace it, and having every single piece fall off. I think itd be a cool idea to do something like this.
When you remove an essential piece that connects two halves of your tech together, the half that would normally just collapse should turn red, when in build mode. It would stay there, but be red and "off limits". When you exit build mode, all of those red pieces would fall to the ground. However, if you replace that piece that you removed to where the pieces are reconnected, your tech is fine and the pieces turn back to their normal colors.
I think this would be a good QOL change.
That sounds like a clever idea for improving the rebuilding process in tech!