bugs TT ver 3.5

mixa khodr

1) basic tractor pads are capped at 3 resources, description and past versions have them at 5

2) old bug when ordering more than 1 part to be built can consume more resources than if ordered separately

Last edited:

Zio_Matrix

I think your first 'bug' might just be a gameplay change. Kinda like how all the guardian positions changed without anybody being told, I almost thought my game was bugged and I wasn't getting any guardian spawns.

Vhargon

I think your first 'bug' might just be a gameplay change. Kinda like how all the guardian positions changed without anybody being told, I almost thought my game was bugged and I wasn't getting any guardian spawns.
They mentioned it in a stream, but now that I think about it... that must have been disorienting for anyone who didn't hear about that.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I have had a disapearing floor in the research centre (running .3.5)floor was there, drove around a bit, then used the 'drop' button, and several of the parts holders were destroyed with the parts they held on the ground , and a long fall to the floor, then made some changes to the vechile, drove around to the ramps and the ramps were sitll visible, but the floor around the ramps was not, tried to drive to the ramp and fell off the edge

mixa khodr

Then why not change the block description?

I thought it possible that the tractor pads were modified for the winter defense because there the limit of 3 makes sense, 5 would be OP for the mobs.
So maybe they accidentally carried it over to the block properties for the main game too.

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Our Lead Designer, Kris decided to reduce the capacity for the mini-tractor pad down from 5 to 3 across the board. We probably forgot to update the block description so will get onto that. Cheers.

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
They mentioned it in a stream, but now that I think about it... that must have been disorienting for anyone who didn't hear about that.
Yeah, sorry about that. Missed that one off the release notes.

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Out of interest, do people meticulously read through the release notes? Do you want as much information as possible?

mixa khodr

Out of interest, do people meticulously read through the release notes? Do you want as much information as possible?
generally release notes that are clear are best, in categories like new, fixes, known (as you've done)

your release notes are concise enough to be read, some games go into lots of unnecessary details
eg. you wrote that you redesigned the chrystals, others would write they changed; texture, shading ... etc.

nobody wants to read pages of release notes, so your method is better

though all changes must be mentioned so if some mechanic was reworked no need to go into lots of details on which parameters changed just that it works differently now

single changes can be mentioned in as few words as possible without loosing their meaning
eg. decreased tractor pad capacity to 3 blocks

this will improve the smoothness of changing versions, even if someone missed several versions (got fed up with bugs or couldn't play for a while) it will be easy to see what they missed

ps: why were the pads' capacity decreased, where was the discussion you mentioned?

Marine2171

When I load a saved game, my base moves. I can push it around, when the shields are hit, or sometimes just on its own. I have tried this more than once from a fresh start to see if this was just a one time glitch or not and it seems to happen every time for me.
base move.png

Cadichon

At the state the game is right now, yes. Changes are made often in a beta, for balancing reasons and that kind of things, so I like to read of them before noticing them ingame and may be thinking it's a bug. Like Zio_Matrix mentioned the changes of guardian positions. I like it too, but at first I thought the game was broken.

Kleinhirn85

Hi,

I have started a new game.
I played a few minutes until I had the shield fully charged the first time.
Then I saved and made the game from.
Then I restarted the game and loaded.
When I was back in the game, the sign was completely gone, but was charged by the resource again.
is that correct?

Thanks

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Kleinhirn, the inactive shield after loading a saved game was indeed a bug which we have now fixed for the next update.

Kleinhirn85

Hi. That is fine. I made a picture before exit game and after restarting game and loding my save...
If i save the game and reload it without restarting the game it works without any problem. but after restart the shield was not active.

But i have harvest some trees for this test and from about 7 trees i only get from 4 ressources 3 of them did not give me wood...is this a bug?

thanks

Attachments