Blocks Mass and Health [0.7.8]

Cloud

Just go to game files, find the ID for the block, and... well, that's as far as you can go AFAIK.
I'm thinking about the saved techs. Maybe you can change the block ID's of the current blocks.....?
Also how do you download techs from other people.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I'm thinking about the saved techs. Maybe you can change the block ID's of the current blocks.....?
Also how do you download techs from other people.
just download the png of the tech and save it into you terratech snapshots folder(the png contains the codes for the tech embedded in the picture by steganography)

Cloud

Thanks! Is there a way to.. Modify the properties of the techs..? Like, change the block ID into something else in order to replace the block on the tech with the different blocks ID. If so, I might be able to test out some of the blocks :3
For example, there appears to be a hydraulic ram for Venture. I'd like to see that.
Or HE landing gear..? ouo
OR A BASE TRANSPORTER?! WHAT?!?
AND THERE'S ANOTHER GC DELIVERY CANNON!

mindblown

Last edited:

FightBiscuit

Most if the Blocks at the bottom (if not all of them) are deprecated, meaning that they have no function, break the game or whatever and it isn't planned to get them working.
Blocks with a negative Rank are either old but can be obtained in the game, on old Techs for example or they are new and not added yet

Keep in mind that some blocks are just leftovers of abandoned blocks like the HE landing wheel or the Venture Ram
Also the 2nd GC cannon is from the old GeoCorp trading station
Do these actually work without crashing? If so, we can just hack them in. Same with all the unreleased EXP blocks.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Do these actually work without crashing? If so, we can just hack them in. Same with all the unreleased EXP blocks.
They do, and people have. That is how people found the EXP ramps before the devs released them, as well as some other blocks.

The devs prefer that you don't share them, though, since they are unfinished and thus buggy/don't do anything/are just leftovers and won't go into the game. Hence why we don't, at least not very often, and not on the forums.

Thanks! Is there a way to.. Modify the properties of the techs..? Like, change the block ID into something else in order to replace the block on the tech with the different blocks ID.
You can by doing it in a game save. I've done that before to get the NPC heads and Big Pete's mouth. But the information from the list isn't enough to do that.

The devs prefer that you don't share them, though, since they are unfinished and thus buggy/don't do anything/are just leftovers and won't go into the game. Hence why we don't.
So what if they're buggy or don't do anything? Why not? We have R&D after all. As long as a block doesn't crash the game and has a texture, it can go in for us to mess around with. If it breaks our techs, that's our fault. It's EXPERIMENTAL. It's subject to change.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
So what if they're buggy or don't do anything? Why not? We have R&D after all. As long as a block doesn't crash the game and has a texture, it can go in for us to mess around with. If it breaks our techs, that's our fault. It's EXPERIMENTAL. It's subject to change. I may or may not have snapshots with most of the hidden blocks that I could share in a PM.
*shrug*

Most of them don't do anything at all, and the devs are waiting until they add code to the blocks. To be fair, there are some in R&D like that now, but they have since stopped doing that. No sense in hyping people up for a block that doesn't do anything yet, I guess.

Also, since they would be used in techs, they could be uploaded to twitter. You don't want buggy blocks that might break the game populating people's saves, right?

Also, it would prevent players from getting their hopes up for a block that might end up getting scrapped, or is being put on hold until they get a chance to work on them, like the dynamo generator and vibro blade.

Last edited:
*shrug*

Most of them don't do anything at all, and the devs are waiting until they add code to the blocks. To be fair, there are some in R&D like that now, but they have since stopped doing that. No sense in hyping people up for a block that doesn't do anything yet, I guess. Can you PM me the blocks, then? I might spread them, though... I won't if you don't want me to. Usually...
Well, whatever. Hasn't that happened before, and people were complete fine? It says on the cover of the game. EARLY ACCESS. So people should be used to Buggy blocks or blocks that don't do anything. And plus, it's EXP and why not hype up a block that doesn't do anything? It might cause a few unnecessary bug reports, but that's it.

Also, since they would be used in techs, they could be uploaded to twitter. You don't want buggy blocks that might break the game populating people's saves, right?
I never knew you could upload EXP blocks to twitter as an invader or whatever...

Also, it would prevent players from getting their hopes up for a block that might end up getting scrapped, or is being put on hold until they get a chance to work on them, like the dynamo generator and vibro blade.
So what if a few people get their dreams crushed? It's EA and R&D and EXP after all. They should expect it.

Cloud

Indeed.
Also, off topic.. How does on do a Nuterra. I keep getting an unresponsive game using the mod manager.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Well, whatever. Hasn't that happened before, and people were complete fine? It says on the cover of the game. EARLY ACCESS. So people should be used to Buggy blocks or blocks that don't do anything. And plus, it's EXP and why not hype up a block that doesn't do anything? It might cause a few unnecessary bug reports, but that's it.

I never knew you could upload EXP blocks to twitter as an invader or whatever...

So what if a few people get their dreams crushed? It's EA and R&D and EXP after all. They should expect it.
I guess. I'm just repeating what they have said before, with a little speculation added. I don't see them changing their minds any time soon. I agree with you to an extent, but it doesn't bother me either way. If they are implemented, we will get them at some point. If not, who cares. I don't have much of an urge to be able to use them if they don't work.