Block to Fix Nomadic Issue

Drego117

Apr 20, 2017
So, it's pretty evident that since the trailer patch that You Devs are trying to promote more wandering and more nomadic habits in players to keep the gameplay interesting, and so far have done some good things to progress to that goal. There's just one problem: It's still super disadvantageous to do so.
What I mean by this is that despite the new options afforded to us by all the new blocks and the prospect of trailers, it is still better to build a huge base in one spot and just farm resources to build an infinite number of blocks for your techs.
The obvious solution to this initially would be to throw on a Cab, save the blueprint and throw it in storage. But now all the component blocks and resource chunks you've painstakingly worked to acquire are all over the floor. Sure you can build a whole other trailer to hold them all but it may not be as easy to defend, and that can be a LOT of resources left over after a while.
My solution is this: A stasis field block, that can take an existing base, chunks and all, freeze it in time, shrink it down, and hold it in a small bubble above the block, that you can then place anywhere on the map. Kinda like a traveling circus. :p

MrTwister

Apr 22, 2017
Did you know that chunks can be packed into resource blocks using fabricators and resource blocks can be converted back to chunks using scrappers? :)
The only real problem is if you also store pre-crafted components (which I don't do). But then, you can simply load them up on a truck and go :)

Drego117

Apr 20, 2017
Did you know that chunks can be packed into resource blocks using fabricators and resource blocks can be converted back to chunks using scrappers? :)
The only real problem is if you also store pre-crafted components (which I don't do). But then, you can simply load them up on a truck and go :)
That is true, but What if you don't have enough chunks to make those blocks? well now you have a bunch of chunks you don't want to lose, but are more difficult to carry around. And since we currently have no way of storing components without building a whole truck, the entire thing just becomes annoying and you might as well just stay put and not go anywhere.
And yeah, this may sound like whining and nit picking, but that's why I consider this a quality of life fix and not necessarily a game fix.

Reactions: MrTwister

MrTwister

Apr 22, 2017
Trukk - trukk will solve everything.

Seriously - how do you move houses in real life? Don't you get a truck or two?
This is how I move bases in Terratech - I pack up as much as I can be bothered and the rest goes on my lovely collector hauler truck. Then I leave for my new settlement location and unpack base and stuff. Then I fill up whatever was on a truck into base.

Surely we can handle a little piece of logistics in this already quite easy game.
Me personally - coming out of playing Factorio, I'm thinking logistics is made way too unchallenging currently in TT.
I was suggesting a couple times to only allow all pack-unpack operations within active SCU range and make SCU operations consume electrical charge based on mass of blocks. Don't you think that would game more interesting?

Here - I'll share my best truck with you - it's really fast too - do not use jets when transporting a load.
ATVM Huntsman Mk1.png