Block Replacement Mod

Which feature are you most interested in?

• Total voters

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
A mod capable of replacing the textures and models of blocks, and also add custom script to them! You can replace uncommon blocks with ones you make yourself, or give common ones a spin and leave them looking sharp! And if you are very devoted, you can give a custom block life by making your own script to attach to them when they spawn. Great for custom blocks with unique functionality.

Pease leave suggestions down below on possible blocks, or let me know what blocks you use the least!

If you've made your own modified block, post it here so that others could see and use them!

If you want to know how to do something, check the description in TTMM or ask me here / in Discord.

Last edited:

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Firstly, I shall suggest a duck block, on @QuackDuck's behalf.

Secondly, maybe a modification to the basic GeoCorp block meshes to add some sort of steel (or other metal) frames, possibly with crossbars, for aesthetic purposes. Who knows, it might fit them quite well.

Also, if you can, maybe retexture the resource blocks to show the refined resources' textures, rather than the unrefined textures.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
The ability to replace ANY block would be grand.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com

( GSO - laser ducks. I could have had the head move by itself, but this was more interesting. Designed by me with a reference sketch by @QuackDuck )

( Better look at blimp block. Will need to make script compiler for special things like these! ( And a better texture ) )

Significant progress is being made!

I think I like this duck too much

And then this is what it looks like after also adding an image to replace the metallic-gloss in the generated Blocks folder

Last edited:

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com

And this is what happens when I move the mesh to the head of the Zeus laser gun. ( turning the base and axle to empty meshes ) You could say I upgraded it :p

Ducks.

I probably should have moved the duck model a bit down, but it's late and I need to sleep. Goodnight.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com

And this is what happens when I move the mesh to the head of the Zeus laser gun. ( turning the base and axle to empty meshes ) You could say I upgraded it :p

Ducks.

I probably should have moved the duck model a bit down, but it's late and I need to sleep. Goodnight.
wait i thought the limit was 3

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Do you think you could replace the meshes of the Venture laser machine gun (I forget the name) and the Hawkeye rotor fan to the HL2 airboat gun and propeller, respectively. Either that, or make the gun look like the Tau Cannon that is on the buggy in HL2.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
References, or mesh, pls?
Airboat:

Buggy/Scout Car:

EDIT: You should use the airboat fan to replace the GSO fan, rather than the Hawkeye one.
You should replace the Hawkeye rotor with the Combine Gunship's rotor, and replace the Hawkeye Wing Tips with the little wings/fins on the Gunship. Maybe also use the Gunship's gun to replace the Hawkeye minigun, as they work very similarly.

Last edited:

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
...i don't understand

UPDATE: Compiling stuff at runtime looks to be pretty darn hard... if I can't find a way around it (like using .dll files, or getting it to work), I might have to drop script loading for now. Any help is greatly appreciated. (Unity mono thing is not doing a work)