Block Allowance / World Capacity Explained

YaYYeeT

Derp Artist
one of the 17 quintillon NMS planets and moons.
So, you console players want to remove block allowance/world capacity. I completely understand that because I'm on console. But there are some reasons that it's there. Well, here are some frequently asked questions about block allowance/world capacity that may answer your question.

Q:Why is block allowance/world capacity there?

A:It is there to stop your console from lagging out/crashing which 1. will contribute to a negative playing experience (so payload won't get piles of bad reviews)and 2. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have strict limitations on perfomance for games on their consoles, which forbids games from running at very low quality which will have a negative impact for their hardware.

Q:Why does say, the GSO Cosmonaut SAP Cab Block limit show as 20, but when I place a new one, shows at 145/220 instead?

A:For every new tech there will be a increase in processing power needed for it as it has its own physics and center of mass and such, in comparison to placing it on a existing tech which the game will only need to tweak some models and variables.

That's all for now, feel free to ask questions, although I will only be on the forums at random times once a day, and I'm really bad at typing.

Edit: (also fixed some spelling) Tips on conserving block allowance/world capacity:
1. Primarily use GC blocks. GC standard blocks only cost 2 compared to 1 for all of GSO. GC batteries only cost 5 like all others, but they have the most capacity.
2. Don't use weapon spam. 3-pound cannons are 20 each, but a Megaton™ is only 30 so you are better off with one or two Megatons™ than say, five 3-pounders.

Last edited:
They should at least change the cabs 220 block capacity. I can only build 2 techs or 1 tech with a small base (big bases are almost impossible to build because almost every block has at least a 20 block capacity

Also I heard Xbox and PS4 have a 5000 block cap. I think when my dad asked me which one, I should have chosen the Xbox or PS4. Nintendo is very strict with their 2500 block cap. I mean the game is of course playable but the block cap makes it much harder. It is always the last 500 block capacity that I need so I think it should have been 3000 instead of 2500

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
They should at least change the cabs 220 block capacity. I can only build 2 techs or 1 tech with a small base (big bases are almost impossible to build because almost every block has at least a 20 block capacity
Also I heard Xbox and PS4 have a 5000 block cap. I think when my dad asked me which one, I should have chosen the Xbox or PS4. Nintendo is very strict with their 2500 block cap. I mean the game is of course playable but the block cap makes it much harder. It is always the last 500 block capacity that I need so I think it should have been 3000 instead of 2500
Please actually read the explanation.

YaYYeeT

Derp Artist
one of the 17 quintillon NMS planets and moons.
(Presses magical necro button)
I just bought xbox and it's actually 7000. That makes me feel good.

wolf war

Ho sempre giocato sul pc ma non l'ho mai comprato prima.
Il gioco in sé è fantastico e mi piace molto.
Quindi ho deciso di comprarlo su PS4 a 24€! (1.5 giga)
Ho pensato che alla fine davo una mano agli sviluppatori e che magari un giorno il gioco diventava ancora più bello.

Sul pc non avevo limitazioni e se sapevo che su PS4 ci sono limitazioni pultorppo evitavo di buttare i soldi,
Si perché così terratech non è più costruttivo, ma un semplice openword che con la limitazione dei blocchi al massimo riesci a costruire un buon veicolo tutto fare.
Non ce nessuna possibilità di costruire una base e in più avere tutti i tuoi veicoli a portata di mano.

Ps.
Secondo me 24€ sono troppi per ps4 e pultorppo sto chiedendo un rimborso.
Mi dispiace molto, so che non è colpa vostra e che volete realizzare un buon game.

Ce qualche possibilità di aggiornare il gioco per ps4 per far sì che il sistema regge terratech????