Bigger/custom Treads

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Name says it all. With the overall volume of TT expanding with the introduction of Better Future, some of the wheeled arena is getting left behind. Furthermore, most medium-large techs don't use treads because they're... small. My own main battle tank uses 12x hawkeye big daddy wheels instead of treads.

Here's my idea - a wheel-type block which allows for custom shaped tank treads. Think of it like the conveyors - you build a system of these blocks which work together appearance-wise to provide your tech the ability to move. I don't think it would be too difficult to code; logic-wise they would each act as individual wheels, but appearance wise they would look like a homogeneous track. I don't know if it's possible to detect if the loop is completed, but I'm sure there are creative solutions.

I propose adding two sizes - a 2-wide size for hawkeye, and a 3-wide size for geocorp. That will allow us to have treads on the same size as the largest wheels.

If all that's too complicated, how about just adding some much larger treads to the game?

bloodvrtx

I just had a thought: the treads in game now are not flat enough/ too powerful. Most vehicles with treads in rl have just two treads, meanwhile pretty much all treads in Terra Tech would have the vehicle at risk of tipping over to the front/back if you use just one on each side. We need some long, flat treads to build a tech with just two treads that is stable.

Last edited:

Sea_Kerman

I just had a thought: the treads in game now are not flat enough/ too powerful. Most vehicles with treads in rl have just two treads, meanwhile pretty much all treads in Terra Tech would have the vehicle at risk of tipping over to the front/back if you use just one on each side. We need some long, flat treads to build a tech with just two treads that is stable.
Verily.